Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

And if I find out any AAA discounts (room or dining, other)... I will post.
(Sorry mods if off-topic!) I thought the AAA discounts on dining and merchandise were gone, but found this - (not sure which restaurants and shops are 'participating')

Universal Orlando Resort® -
  • Save $4 on the 2-Day/2-Park ticket at the front gate (Maximum of 6 tickets)
  • AAA/CAA members receive a 10% discount^ at participating merchandise and restaurant locations within Universal Studios®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Universal CityWalk®.
  • Save 15% at the Mandara Spa®† (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel).
  • Save up to 20% at Bice Ristorante†† (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel) and the Palm Restaurant††† (Hard Rock Hotel®).*

https://purchase.universalorlando.com/webstore/pages/member-benefits-aaa-uo.htm

Contact your local/regional AAA with whom you are affiliated. That's where I was directed (both via website and after calling USO-RPH directly). I live in Texas, and went to my Texas AAA website. There *is* a discount for our dates in July.... but only if I stayed at least 5 nights. :( (Which we aren't) It also restricted the type room I could get (not all room types / sizes applicable). Your region may vary. The Texas AAA rate was frankly about same as Savvy traveler/ stay more play more rates. ]
When I called USO they very flatly told me they do not accept AAA discounts at all for hotels. Nice to know it depends on region! Unfortunately I don't see a hotel discount for AAA in my area, even though we're looking for 7 nights. :( They have the same ticket discounts available on the USO site as well.

I was just checking out prices for Royal Pacific on Priceline and I got offered $277 per night for September 15-19. It would be $1581 through Loews site, but I just paid $1271, including a coupon I had for $50 off. We're going for HHN. Doesn't look like I can cancel though, eeeeek, oh well I like to roll the dice every now and then. hahaha

Maybe a discount would've eventually come out but I'd rather book now and be all set for those 4 nights.

Well, that is double for what I paid for my fall trip back in January 2022

My set up at RP for this fall is $400 a night for the weekends
M-Th it was $364 pre tax

Last year (September 2021) I paid $200 a night but that was with the ap discount.

I am hoping it was a computer glitch you saw as that is a steep number for for RP.

Or it could just be a high price for bookings this far out (sept 2023) but the price will drop months from now

If that price stays high for fall 2023, I’m still in ..lol

Guess it depends on your dates. April 16-19 a 2 Q at RPR is $399, king has ST rates for $359. Easter is April 9 and the week before & after are high.
I tried late april too. My dates were 4/12-4/13 though. I think my system might be glitching. It keeps changing my dates to 6/8/22. I have the WORST time with the universal website The new layout is just awful and never works for me. always glitching.
im gonna hope this isnt the real price increase. lol

Last edited:
I tried late april too. My dates were 4/12-4/13 though. I think my system might be glitching. It keeps changing my dates to 6/8/22. I have the WORST time with the universal website The new layout is just awful and never works for me. always glitching.
Easter 2023 is April 9, so April 12 is right in the middle of one of Universal’s busiest weeks.

I don't like the universal website either but I always have good luck with the link in the old locked AP thread (shows regular rates too). The rates were in the $750 range during April 2 - 14

I don't like the universal website either but I always have good luck with the link in the old locked AP thread (shows regular rates too). The rates were in the $750 range during April 2 - 14
Do you have the link? website drives me so crazy. thank you!

I don't see any difference with the links. Prices are just high and the site is just wonky!

I don't see any difference with the links. Prices are just high and the site is just wonky!
This is the same thing that happened last year. They learn how far they can push the prices for Spring Break one year and then boost the rack rate for the following year. They did it between 2021 & 2022 & are continuing into 2023. I thought 2022 rack rates were ridiculous for SB, but they appear to have reached a new level…Glad we went this year.

What I find funny is Universal was more reasonably priced than Disney. We switched. We love it. Now I get pin codes from Disney and with increasing rates and less AP rate availability at Universal hotels I might have to go back to the mouse.

What I find funny is Universal was more reasonably priced than Disney. We switched. We love it. Now I get pin codes from Disney and with increasing rates and less AP rate availability at Universal hotels I might have to go back to the mouse.

We're WDW AP holders have been for years but since we bought our AP's from Sam's Club (years ago) we don't get squat! Still cannot see AP room discounts. It feels like WDW is punishing us for purchasing elsewhere which doesn't sit well with me. They got their money, so what gives?!

Their lack of inclusion drove us to Universal where we've been so very happy. WDW AP's expire in 2030, at some point we'll need to use them or sell them. I vote sell, screw the mouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter