Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

I'm looking to book a quick, budget-friendly trip (2-3 nights tops) for my friend and I sometime in either June or August. My friend has a seasonal pass so July is out, but other than that there are very few limitations on when we can go. How would be the best (easiest) way to find the cheapest hotel prices? Would it be worth calling? I can't see any "flexible dates" option on the website.

(We have a week-long trip schedule for January 2023 so we aren't being picky about amenities for this trip. My first choice is to stay on-site, but we might pivot off-site if we can't make it work financially)
It's hard to find the best rates. Longer stays have lower rates if the AP ones aren't available. I usually plug in random dates and see what pops up. Plugging in Jun 20-22, Endless Summer has an AP rate for $124, same for the first half of August. That's the lowest I see. Haven't seen AP rates past Aug 14th yet.

If you can find an AP rate at the endless summers, that is probably your best bet especially with transportation. It's 25$ to park at the theme parks. So if you'd have to drive/ride share over from an offsite place vs 15$/day to park at endless summer hotels if you're driving in, that's a consideration in the cost. I love the endless summer hotels. Cheap, clean, convenient.

How would be the best (easiest) way to find the cheapest hotel prices? Would it be worth calling? I can't see any "flexible dates" option on the website.
not a feature unfortunately. Don’t think WDW offers it either on their’s, could be wrong.

the agents see what you see on the website. Just a matter of plugging away or watching the date & rate thread to see if anyone shares a great rate They’ve found.

Priceline has offered some non-opaque rates that are slightly less than what people have been seeing online Might be worth your time to check it out.

good luck

It's hard to find the best rates. Longer stays have lower rates if the AP ones aren't available. I usually plug in random dates and see what pops up.

That's what I was afraid of. Since we're going for such a short trip, finding an AP rate is the only discount that we qualify for.

If you can find an AP rate at the endless summers, that is probably your best bet especially with transportation.

I'm okay with the Surfside hotels. I stayed at Dockside on another "budget friendly" trip that I did back in March and it was okay. I would prefer Cabana Bay, but that seems way too pricey.

not a feature unfortunately. Don’t think WDW offers it either on their’s, could be wrong.

the agents see what you see on the website. Just a matter of plugging away or watching the date & rate thread to see if anyone shares a great rate They’ve found.

Priceline has offered some non-opaque rates that are slightly less than what people have been seeing online Might be worth your time to check it out.

I never thought of Priceline so I will have to check that out. I've been searching a lot of off-site hotels for my January trip (just in case the on-site hotels continue to break the budget) and a fair number have the great calendars with "rooms starting at" for each night. That would be so awesome for planning this type of trip. Normally, we are kind of locked into specific days so this "we can go anytime between this date and this date" is new to me.

I never thought of Priceline so I will have to check that out. I've been searching a lot of off-site hotels for my January trip (just in case the on-site hotels continue to break the budget) and a fair number have the great calendars with "rooms starting at" for each night. That would be so awesome for planning this type of trip. Normally, we are kind of locked into specific days so this "we can go anytime between this date and this date" is new to me.
Here's the link to our thread: Priceline

What's awesome are the wonderful peeps who randomly leave coupons there. :thumbsup2 Oh and don't forget to check out cashback websites as well.

the current ST rate for PB LDW is $328 - SF is $187 - I would guess/imagine for a holiday weekend no AP rates will be coming out? We are playing with one last trip on the current APs (more stay cation resort time then park) so I can take or leave the EP. We really are thinking save on the resort since this is purely bonus travel - CBBR is $146 and I even toyed with trying that resort (never stayed before) I checked each individual day and a variety of combos and the full 4 night stay with ST is the lowest currently.

the current ST rate for PB LDW is $328 - SF is $187 - I would guess/imagine for a holiday weekend no AP rates will be coming out? We are playing with one last trip on the current APs (more stay cation resort time then park) so I can take or leave the EP. We really are thinking save on the resort since this is purely bonus travel - CBBR is $146 and I even toyed with trying that resort (never stayed before) I checked each individual day and a variety of combos and the full 4 night stay with ST is the lowest currently.
Don’t know which specific nights you are looking at, I don’t see them, but those are both great rates for a holiday weekend. PBR has never gotten that low for my 5 night Sun-Thurs stay mid-August! Grab whichever you prefer, if AP rates come out you could change to them. I have never stayed at SF but it looks really nice and the pool area too.

Don’t know which specific nights you are looking at, I don’t see them, but those are both great rates for a holiday weekend. PBR has never gotten that low for my 5 night Sun-Thurs stay mid-August! Grab whichever you prefer, if AP rates come out you could change to them. I have never stayed at SF but it looks really nice and the pool area too.
We stayed at SF last fall and got upgraded to a suite for our anniversary - so of course that resort won me over :) we stayed HRH and LRP recently and loved both but they are almost $400 a night and for a bonus trip not looking to spend that much so that was why I was leaning away from PB and sticking to CBBR/Aventura/SF.
This would be Sun-Wed - I tried asking husband's opinion but he said do whatever you want... outside of $400 a night LOL

Still no AP rates for mid-august. But I see the rates are slightly lower at the value resorts right now for that period.

waiting on AP rates for sept but I have CBBR on a ST rate pretty decent for $189/night for a family suite exterior pool view, 4 nights. TBH I was going to do 3 nights there and add a HRH the last night for express but 3 nights at CBBR was only $30 less than the 4 day with the rate difference. thinking of now keeping my full stay ay CBBR and adding 1 night mid trip for HRH and taking an overnight bag to HRH leaving the rest of suitcases at CBBR. Sept 17-18 would be HRH. I could always check the prior Saturday wait times the weekend before and cancel if I didn't need the express passes but also would love to check out HRH. maybe try club level even for one night. am I crazy? I think this sounds great!

second question. does anyone know If I book a club level room and then add a 5th person would that change the price of the club level? I know I would have to pay $35 for a cot so I am prepared to do that. some of the sites when I am trying to book 5 people, 2 adults and 3 kids, they do not give an option and say the room only meets capacity of 4, but then below with as asterisk it states max capacity 5 with rollaway and fee. so why cant I book it that way? thoughts? Also, can i use club level lounge access on check in day and check out day?

I think you cannot book it because the rollaway availability is limited .
If you have a reservation, I would call to have that specific request noted on your reservation.
I also think they will charge for the extra adults beyond the normal room for 4 guests. At check in front desk at HRH , every guest must register and have a room key card and show I.D. Unless minor child.
…just keeps adding up w/ tax and fees and parking.

waiting on AP rates for sept but I have CBBR on a ST rate pretty decent for $189/night for a family suite exterior pool view, 4 nights. TBH I was going to do 3 nights there and add a HRH the last night for express but 3 nights at CBBR was only $30 less than the 4 day with the rate difference. thinking of now keeping my full stay ay CBBR and adding 1 night mid trip for HRH and taking an overnight bag to HRH leaving the rest of suitcases at CBBR. Sept 17-18 would be HRH. I could always check the prior Saturday wait times the weekend before and cancel if I didn't need the express passes but also would love to check out HRH. maybe try club level even for one night. am I crazy? I think this sounds great!

second question. does anyone know If I book a club level room and then add a 5th person would that change the price of the club level? I know I would have to pay $35 for a cot so I am prepared to do that. some of the sites when I am trying to book 5 people, 2 adults and 3 kids, they do not give an option and say the room only meets capacity of 4, but then below with as asterisk it states max capacity 5 with rollaway and fee. so why cant I book it that way? thoughts? Also, can i use club level lounge access on check in day and check out day?

Any more than two adults incurs the nightly extra charge. 2 adults and 3 kids wouldn’t be any extra, but a third adult would be.

Adding the fifth person won’t alter the Club Cost. I have no idea how other sites work with booking.

You can use the lounge fully on check in day from as soon as you check in, but check out day you will have a time from when you can’t go back in. Sometimes it’s 11am sometimes they’ll let you use the lounge till 2pm, but you won’t be allowed in during evening service later in the day.

We are going 6/17-6/20 and I keep checking the rates. If anyone else is looking for APH they have been adding and subtracting at all of the premiere hotels on a daily basis for this date range. I was able to change from PBH to RPR and save over $160. If I were willing to dump the King and go to a double it would be more, but we have no children this trip?

We are going 6/17-6/20 and I keep checking the rates. If anyone else is looking for APH they have been adding and subtracting at all of the premiere hotels on a daily basis for this date range. I was able to change from PBH to RPR and save over $160. If I were willing to dump the King and go to a double it would be more, but we have no children this trip?
Double Queen just means you get a bonus bed to hold your park bags/shopping purchases/ discarded clothes 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter