***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney already heavily caters to Star Wars fans at Studios. SWL will be insanely crowded, making Avatar look like the opening of the third Soarin theater. But over time, I don't think it will bring many new visitors. Especially with the same rides opening on both coasts at the same time. Pretty sure THATs a first.

I think you missed my point but that's okay.

I disagree that it won't bring SW fans that haven't been before. I know a few. It's not so much the ride but the immersion in the land they are looking forward to.

And right now Star Tours is no different than a big simulator in a mall, so it's not going to draw anyone just for that and SWW are gone, means there are plenty that have no interest in coming in it's current state that will change.

At wdw now and struggling to keep up with this thread on my phone. Any updates about how the 11pm-1am EMH are working for hotel guests? IS it possible to ride FoP?

I wish I could share the sediment but to me it was very amateurish. I don't think anyone at disney is known for their nightscapes aside from some glowing trinkets and strategic lighting. Add in letting a 4 year old paint the ground and toss in black lights and you have pandora at night... I think this is 1 place they forgot to really research as I've been in some stunning locations and that might be why this didn't impress me. I don't think it felt the same as the na'vi river ride so there is a consistency problem between a night ride to the shaman and what it looks like at night.

With that said, I'm not sure everything was on the first night.. I'm still confused about the lighting ceremony that appeared to be just another drum circle performance and thinking something went wrong and they didn't do it. The trees weren't lit but you start to leave pandora, especially on the harambe side and the trees are amazing.. it goes all around AK with the little "sprites in the tree" look as I call it.

Now there was some nice things going on.. The plants were well done and I wouldn't them amateur trinkets. The projections on the floating mountain were a little too subtle but interesting. nobody could really tell what we were looking at though. I assume the prominent one was a couple banshees nesting from where it was happening and how it looked like 2 heads moving around.
I did see you go live with the lighting ceremony and was not impressed with the drum performance. I only watched for a little while and kept wondering when are they going to light things up. Hopefully it was just some kinks that needed fixed and the place will be lite up more.

Do you include the "Coke is amazing, Pepsi is too sweet, and you are a horrible person for liking it" crowd in that too? ;)

Yep, and anytime I hear "game changer" or "blows everything else out of the water", I know it's people who have just ridden it and excited and/or fanboys, and take it with a grain of salt. Yes, they have opened a good simulator ride that minimizes seeing the edges, good for Disney, and I'm sure it will be popular.

The update to FJ was around that time to early this year I think. Well Disney enthusiasts say everything is the most intricate Disney has ever done and a new game changer and so forth, that's usually just part of the Disney spin. You'll get over that someday. It's kind of similar to the Apple enthusiasts and their addiction, I know because I used to be both of those. But you get over it eventually and see the reality over the brainwashing.
Already admitted fault with "game changer". Regarding intricacy and tech, as I said, that is not hyperbole or someone making an assumption. You're just going to have to trust me on this one...:thumbsup2

At wdw now and struggling to keep up with this thread on my phone. Any updates about how the 11pm-1am EMH are working for hotel guests? IS it possible to ride FoP?

Haven't seen anything new. Thought it appears FoP has a relatively short wait right now..might want to check that out. For tonight, I'd work on the assumption that all will be like the last two nights.

Already admitted fault with "game changer". Regarding intricacy and tech, as I said, that is not hyperbole or someone making an assumption. You're just going to have to trust me on this one...:thumbsup2

Haven't seen anything new. Thought it appears FoP has a relatively short wait right now..might want to check that out. For tonight, I'd work on the assumption that all will be like the last two nights.

Can you please tell me what it's been like? I'm having trouble navigating this site on my phone.

Can you please tell me what it's been like? I'm having trouble navigating this site on my phone.
Sure. None of this is first hand, however.

Have heard that Pandora has been closed to all guests prior to the start of EMH. I can't remember what times exactly, I want to say around 10:00.

At this point a line forms for resort guests and they enter once EMH begin. Also, FoP has been closing prior to the end of EMH (~1hr before) due to the amount of people in line. Those already in line are allowed to ride. Have not heard of NRJ closing early.

It does not seem as busy today based on reports, but I would still shoot to get in there early if you want to ride FoP and don't have a FP.

I'm assuming you mean Knights Tournament. Those KUKA arms are stationary and outside, not mounted to an Omnimover system, do not weave through practical sets, nor are they integrated with virtual screens that simulate flight. But otherwise, it's exactly like FJ.

I'll let this thread get back on track now, sorry for the diversion.

You are quick! I was just there a week ago and saw it.
which is my point exactly with FoA. Any attempt to dissect and compare a similar ride apparatus without taking integration into account is meaningless. And you really do need to experience FoP in the flesh to make any determinations.

Sure. None of this is first hand, however.

Have heard that Pandora has been closed to all guests prior to the start of EMH. I can't remember what times exactly, I want to say around 10:00.

At this point a line forms for resort guests and they enter once EMH begin. Also, FoP has been closing prior to the end of EMH (~1hr before) due to the amount of people in line. Those already in line are allowed to ride. Have not heard of NRJ closing early.

It does not seem as busy today based on reports, but I would still shoot to get in there early if you want to ride FoP and don't have a FP.

Thanks! I think we are aiming for tomorrow night. We have NRJ FPs for that evening, and one family member who is hoping to get the chance to try FOP later during EMH.

Thanks! I think we are aiming for tomorrow night. We have NRJ FPs for that evening, and one family member who is hoping to get the chance to try FOP later during EMH.
No worries. If tomorrow is anything like the past two nights, I'd make sure that family member gets in the FoP line ASAP just in case they decide to close the line early again.

I'm curious as to how tomorrow will go with it being the first non-weekend/holiday after Pandora's opening to the public. Hopefully it won't be as crowded. Someone mentioned it might be the first night of summer for some school-aged kids. Report back and let us know how it is after you go if you can!

As soon as you get in for your FP or earlier, stay in Pandora and don't leave. You won't have to worry about trying to re-enter Pandora and losing a chance to ride during EMH.

FoP's line has been closed mid-way through EMH... at approximately 12:00.

As soon as you get in for your FP or earlier, stay in Pandora and don't leave. You won't have to worry about trying to re-enter Pandora and losing a chance to ride during EMH.

FoP's line has been closed mid-way through EMH... at approximately 12:00.

How are they handling the EMH guests waiting to ride FoP after hrs. who are already in Pandora when the time window opens up for EMH? The reports posted that I read for the past 2 nights seemed to only be about EMH guests lining up and being held outside Pandora waiting to get into the land.

How are they handling the EMH guests waiting to ride FoP after hrs. who are already in Pandora when the time window opens up for EMH? The reports posted that I read for the past 2 nights seemed to only be about EMH guests lining up and being held outside Pandora waiting to get into the land.
@AngiTN reported last night that EMH onsite guests were allowed to enter Pandora at 10:30p and the ride lines were open at that time. So anyone in Pandora could have been in line waiting to ride until it became EMH-only at 11:00; then the line was closed when the wait became too long to extend after official closing.

2 questions about FOP:

1) Single Rider Line - where does it run in relation to the standby or FP lines? I know the FP line bypasses the bioluminescent/"Night" portion of the standby queue. Does the Single Rider line bypass or go through that? I have a lot of trouble with dark queues. I'd like to use SR and not need a FP, but not if I have to go through the dark part of the queue. (For reference, luckily a wonderful fellow guest stepped in and helped me through the Little Mermaid queue this year when she saw me groping along).

2) Can you wear a "neck wallet/pouch" under your shirt, or a small waist-pack on FoP? I know everyone will say it's no big deal, but I'm paranoid about putting phone/ID/credit cards in a bin out of my sight/reach while riding, and my pockets tend not to be that large/deep.

Thanks! I won't be there until next year, but I'm looking forward to visiting the new attractions.

Has anyone here been able to get FPP for either Pandora ride the same day or maybe day before? It seems like there would be random cancellations but I've been refreshing fpp availability quite often and nothing ever comes up. Are they not releasing cancellations back into the system?

@AngiTN reported last night that EMH onsite guests were allowed to enter Pandora at 10:30p and the ride lines were open at that time. So anyone in Pandora could have been in line waiting to ride until it became EMH-only at 11:00; then the line was closed when the wait became too long to extend after official closing.

Ok I'm trying to picture this. All guests til 11pm already in Pandora are permitted to enter the FoP queue. But at 10:30 EMH guests were also let into the land. So between 10:30-11:00 nobody is restricted from being allowed to enter ride except non-resort guests who weren't physically in Pandora before 10:30?

What time did they cut off the FoP line for EMH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter