***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is rider switch available for FoP? My husband and I both would like to ride it standby, but we're not sure if a couple of our kids will be willing to ride it.

For reference, they won't ride Splash (but one says that she will this time), or any roller coasters. They do like Mission Space and Star Tours. It's been a long time since we were there and Soarin was open, so I don't have their reaction to that as a comparison.
yes rider switch is available

I saw a previous post mentioning no line into Pandora with a late am FP. That's encouraging. We'll be at AK this Sunday, then next Thursday. Sleeping in both am's. Sunday's FP is River Journey time slot 12:05-1:05. Thursday's is FOP 3:50-4:50. Think we should expect lines into Pandora either one of those times? If so, any estimates on how long of a wait? It's a lil hard trying to plan timing right with the possibility of waits to even get into the land.

We won't be exploring either of those times, with FP's in other areas. We're waiting until Thursday EMH pm to explore (And we're definitely not planning on trying to SB either ride lol o_O Just soak in the atmosphere and scenery.)

Last edited:
How have people who are in FP booking window found getting FOP fast passes? I don't book until October (I know I am nuts) but getting an overall feel for what people are seeing so far, even those that booked FP but dont travel until end of summer.

You got one or two answers, but I'll give you my experience. I booked ours on May 16 for a mid-July start. FoP was easily available, but it was on day four. The only one that was hard was FEA on day 2. Obviously, this was before official opening.

Don't know if you caught my post from a couple days ago but I had a CM tell me they will never, ever use the single rider line. Exact quote. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he meant that day. Maybe they realized on day one it wasn't helpful. Not sure yet. Don't know if anyone is. But it would not surprise me if they never use it. The set up is awkward to have one

Thanks, i did miss it.

There haven't been that many EMH mornings. From what I've read, if you beat the arrival of the Disney busses first thing in the morning when you line up, you'll have a better jump on the crowd at the gate.

Also, ALL guests were being let in thru the touchpoints earlier than 7. The non-EMH group were then lined up separate from the EMH group.

Plus, you are not walked by the CM's to the entrance to Pandora, so you're liable to fall back in line once they "drop the rope" if you can't keep up with that pace getting over to Pandora.

I just wanted to add that on Memorial Day, we were walked into Pandora by CM's. EMH guests were stopped at the Tree of Life. They walked us to Island Mercantile and stopped us again. Next phase stopped us at the bridge to Pandora. Once Pandora was opened, we were walked into the land and the crowd eventually split. FoP went to the right and NRJ went to the left.

All this time I was thinking the line was to allow EMH guests into the land, but the line is for the ride. That makes so much more sense. So anyone is free to enter Pandora up until 11, they just won't be able to get on a ride, correct?

I still haven't seen a report of anyone with a total experience time under 30 minutes. Unless the crowd patterns change, or I can get some reports that show it IS possible to ride in 15-20 minutes if you are the first ones there, I'm starting to think about not RDing FOP. The last 2 days the crowds have gone down throughout the day. I think I'd rather wait 2 hours at 2pm than an hour at 7am (EMH is the day we are RDing).

Any chance you'll be trying a real front of the line commando RD attempt to see how fast you can get on Ryan?

We went the second day Pandora was opened, showed up stupid early, about 5:30. Maybe 30 people ahead of us. We had NO wait at FOP, just however long it took to walk through the queue plus the preshows. After, we went directly to NRJ and rode that. Waited about 10 minutes. We didn't have a FP+ for either of them.

Just for reference, they let us into Pandora right about 7. We were done with both rides by 7:50, went to the store and bought a banshee. We waited behind maybe 3 other groups for that. When we left the store, the line for both rides were crazy already. It was about 8:15. I don't think they've been letting people in as early anymore, but the posted opening time was 8:00.

Things might have changed in the time since then, but for us it was really beneficial to get there early enough to be at the very front of the line.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to walk up there one morning and have someone report the Single Rider signage is gone
I have ridden FoP twice. The first time I was called out of the line ahead of about 20 people to fill the last spot in a group. The second time, the CMs did not seem to worry about it, and there was an empty spot when I went through.

Is rider switch available for FoP? My husband and I both would like to ride it standby, but we're not sure if a couple of our kids will be willing to ride it.

For reference, they won't ride Splash (but one says that she will this time), or any roller coasters. They do like Mission Space and Star Tours. It's been a long time since we were there and Soarin was open, so I don't have their reaction to that as a comparison.
Yes rider switch is available. In fact during EMH there are no fast passes but I saw a small number of people going through the FP line. I asked a cast member who told me they were rider switch.

Ok another ride to be stressed about. Was worried about Mine train but that turned out to be OK.

Off topic. But is this ride scary? I don't like rollercoasters(scary ones)ie Everest, Space, Rock n Roll, but I love Soarin and Star Tours.
Does your stomach drop? If I close my eyes like star tours just a lil bumpy??
Thanks
Kerri

I can only give my experience, but I rode once on opening day in the middle row and it was very intense (and terrifying for someone who is afraid of heights). That said, all of my kids (except my one with sensory issues) have rode it several times, even the 5 year old, and think its the best ride in WDW but they also ride all Disney coasters. It is nothing like Star Tours because you are on the edge of a high platform, instead of securely in an enclosed ride vehicle. It is also much more intense than Soarin'. As I was waiting outside for my family to ride one night, I heard one lady tell her group that all her young daughter did was cry the entire time. If you're kids don't like coasters, there is a chance they might find this ride intense IMHO.

Ok another ride to be stressed about. Was worried about Mine train but that turned out to be OK.

Off topic. But is this ride scary? I don't like rollercoasters(scary ones)ie Everest, Space, Rock n Roll, but I love Soarin and Star Tours.
Does your stomach drop? If I close my eyes like star tours just a lil bumpy??
Thanks
Kerri

If u rode soarin and star tours, u should be fine. When ur banshee dives down u get that drop feeling in ur stomach but it's nothing like a tower of Terror drop feeling imo. I would give it a try Bc it is a great ride and it's my favorite simulator like ride. U can close ur eyes if u start to feel sick or don't want to feel the diving motion. Hope this helps!

I had my booking window open this morning for 7/31 and 8/1 only and I have a rolling window after that. I was on at 7:00 this morning and booked FOP first for the evening of 7/31 for a party of 5. In order to do that, I had to break it up into a party of 2, a party of 1, and another party of 2. We have an overlapping window of about 30 minutes which should be fine. There didn't appear to be any party of 5 available at all. I checked back at 11 or so this morning and there were no FOP FP+ for any size party. There were still FP+ for NRJ. My plan is to hold those FP+ for FOP until the booking window opens for my other AK day and then try to secure FOP for that day as well and possibly rope drop to NRJ. Or I will switch and have FOP as my second AK day since I am not sure my 6 year old will be brave enough to try it on day 1 of our trip. He might at the end though...

Having lunch at Satu'li right now. The food is really good- like I know everyone's been saying that but I was still really surprised! They have a cast member making sure people don't save seats or sit before they have their food, and we managed to get seats inside.

We had 11:20 FPs for Flights of Passage and we exited at exactly 11:50. It was an amazing ride, but there were parts where I felt like my glasses weren't focused and the screen wasn't clear. Maybe it was because I was all the way on the side? But most of it looked amazing. Somebody in our row dropped their magic band into the ride, I felt bad for them.

There was no line to get into Pandora and crowds don't feel that bad. It's really beautiful and I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that we can make it to EMH to ride the river ride!

We are at Satu'li 3 different days. I was, wondering if they'd go to no seating before food in hand. Yesterday and the other 2 times we sat first then got food.

I saw a previous post mentioning no line into Pandora with a late am FP. That's encouraging. We'll be at AK this Sunday, then next Thursday. Sleeping in both am's. Sunday's FP is River Journey time slot 12:05-1:05. Thursday's is FOP 3:50-4:50. Think we should expect lines into Pandora either one of those times? If so, any estimates on how long of a wait? It's a lil hard trying to plan timing right with the possibility of waits to even get into the land.

We won't be exploring either of those times, with FP's in other areas. We're waiting until Thursday EMH pm to explore (And we're definitely not planning on trying to SB either ride lol o_O Just soak in the atmosphere and scenery.)
If you have FPs, any wait at any time to get into Pandora is moot: FPs are allowed in at their FP time. I suggest planning your day around your Pandora FP times... plan to enter Pandora at the time of your FP, since you won't have to wait in line to get in, and then plan on hanging out for a while after. Once you're in, you're free to stay as long as you wish.

I just wanted to add that on Memorial Day, we were walked into Pandora by CM's. EMH guests were stopped at the Tree of Life. They walked us to Island Mercantile and stopped us again. Next phase stopped us at the bridge to Pandora. Once Pandora was opened, we were walked into the land and the crowd eventually split. FoP went to the right and NRJ went to the left.

Thanks. This is good news. Hope it continues.

We are at Satu'li 3 different days. I was, wondering if they'd go to no seating before food in hand. Yesterday and the other 2 times we sat first then got food.
Same here. We found a spot and then ordered off the app. It was ready in about 2 minutes. I would not mind if they decided to change it, as long as they are consistent.

Same here. We found a spot and then ordered off the app. It was ready in about 2 minutes. I would not mind if they decided to change it, as long as they are consistent.
They didn't let us sit until we had food on Sunday but it was during dinner time and quite crowded. Monday mid-afternoon they didn't have anyone policing at all since there were many available tables. They'll probably just enforce as needed.

this thread is too long....so hard to search..

so what have the rope drop standby waits been for FoP and NRJ?
We arrived at 7:20 on Sunday for an 8am opening (staying offsite and no AM EMH that day). We walked straight to Pandora with no line for the land, and then to FOP. We spent 25 minutes in the line before reaching the first video room. We got off the ride and went straight into the store with no wait. Not sure what the line was like for NRJ, but I would imagine it was less than FOP.

If you have FPs, any wait at any time to get into Pandora is moot: FPs are allowed in at their FP time. I suggest planning your day around your Pandora FP times... plan to enter Pandora at the time of your FP, since you won't have to wait in line to get in, and then plan on hanging out for a while after. Once you're in, you're free to stay as long as you wish.

Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter