***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this listed somewhere, but is there a visual to show where we should line up to put us in the best postiotn as they start walking you to the ride at rope drop? We plan to arrive around 7:15-7:30 for a 9:00 openong. We won't have any bags.

Hi, akayf! Did you end up trying FoP at park close? How did it go? We have a short trip in mid-October and haven't been able to get a FP so far. Getting in line for FoP close to 7:30pm (park close) is the current plan of action.

My kids wanted to stay in MK the day I wanted to try heading over to AK to attempt getting in line at closing. We wound up successfully rope dropping as originally planned. We used Minnie Van service to get to AK from Boardwalk. I picked up bagels and fruit from Belle Vue lounge before we left and we ate breakfast in line. We got there at 7:50 since my family wouldn't move(I was aiming for 7:15/7:20 arrival). Breeze getting through security. Got in tapstile lines. Every line had about 20 people in it. They started letting people through turnstile at 8:10. By 8:20, we made it to the crowd at the bridge. There were about 200 people ahead of us. I forget what time we started moving but we entered the actual FOP line entrance at 8:50 and made it all the way to the loading room with the actual bikes at 9:15. And then the 6 year old melted down and refused to get on the ride!!!! Luckily, they let us do an internal rider switch. I sat outside the room with little guy and calmed him down while DH rode with older son. Then he took little guy to gift shop and CM took me and older son back to the front of the line through side doors where they sort you into rooms and then we got to ride. Everyone was off the ride by 9:45.

I THINK he/she might mean the Ewa tree...
Ah, ok.

So there was the Hometree (destroyed by nasty, violent Humans):
upload_2017-8-31_13-16-59.jpeg

And the Tree of Voices (where Neytiri and Jake, um, had adult time...)
upload_2017-8-31_13-17-45.jpeg

And the Tree of Souls, where there was the Shaman and Jake became an Nav'i permanently:
upload_2017-8-31_13-19-20.jpeg

I apologize if this is mentioned elsewhere but I'm curious about wait times for NRJ other than at rope drop. My FP window comes up next week and I'm thinking I have a better chance at FOP FPs later in the day so was going to do the other stuff in the morning and then hit Pandora after lunch (maybe 2, 2:30ish). How bad are the lines for NRJ then usually? Thanks!

A friend of mine thought they should have some Navi walking around....they could use the stilts like in the Lion King Show.

A friend of mine thought they should have some Navi walking around....they could use the stilts like in the Lion King Show.
They could just have a meet & greet. Like for Groot at DCA, they have a guy on stilts. There are issues with heat and he sometimes needs to go backstage suddenly, but it could be cool to meet a Navi. Maybe they will start that next year, after some of the crowds have died down. I could imagine that line would get insane!

Somewhere, waaaaayyyyy back in this thread they addressed Navi live actors and I'm frankly fuzzy now about it but I believe they have said something about the agreements in place prohibit it.

This was posted about in Rumors/News... Thought this might be relevant for some here… posted without comment from me on “value”… all SUBJECTIVE... :thumbsup2

DPB posted a new 4-hour VIP tour, nighttime at Animal Kingdom. $265 per person; 15% AP / DVC / Disney Visa discount brings it to $225 per person.

Experiences included with the NEW 'Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour':
  • Expedition Everest
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • Rivers of Light
  • Satu’li Canteen sampler, beverage (adult or non-alcoholic available) and popcorn
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...addition/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0831170906170006A

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ailable-to-book-at-disneys-animal-kingdom.htm
I understand from Twitter that the tour also includes a souvenir lanyard and a "surprise gift".

This was posted about in Rumors/News... Thought this might be relevant for some here… posted without comment from me on “value”… all SUBJECTIVE... :thumbsup2

DPB posted a new 4-hour VIP tour, nighttime at Animal Kingdom. $265 per person; 15% AP / DVC / Disney Visa discount brings it to $225 per person.

Experiences included with the NEW 'Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour':
  • Expedition Everest
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • Rivers of Light
  • Satu’li Canteen sampler, beverage (adult or non-alcoholic available) and popcorn
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...addition/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0831170906170006A

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ailable-to-book-at-disneys-animal-kingdom.htm
I understand from Twitter that the tour also includes a souvenir lanyard and a "surprise gift".
Park ticket still required.

Somewhere, waaaaayyyyy back in this thread they addressed Navi live actors and I'm frankly fuzzy now about it but I believe they have said something about the agreements in place prohibit it.
That's very interesting. I would be curious to know the details. If someone remembers and wouldn't mind retyping it/pointing me to that page I would be very appreciative!

difficulty with stilts is that it makes you taller, but wouldn't give the proper body proportions. In the movie, when you see the handful of scenes with a human and Navi together, the Navi are just overall bigger. Trying to accomplish that with stilts and creative costuming would be complicated.
I suspect it will eventually happen in some way, just like it will eventually happen in Wizarding World.

Does anyone know if Disney will eventually create different videos for FoP like they do for Star Tours?

We have 3 FP+ vouchers for FOP that we received because FOP was very limited when we went for the AP preview. We were not able to ride that day (even though we entered Pandora 30 mins before our 2 hour timeframe) and they gave us vouchers to ride between July and November. We will be going to WDW in about 10 days but we are taking also taking my DD's friend so there is now 4 of us but we only have 3 vouchers. What do you think the odds are that we can bring the friend with us? Do you think it might be worth stopping by guest services and asking for a FP for the friend? Or just at the FP return?
I just wanted to update folks on my vouchers.

I originally tried to get an extra FP through the front desk at BWV (we are DVC members) and were denied. The CM even went in back to check but it was a big, "No, we can't do that.". I then tried at Guest Services inside AK. I waited in a long line and I showed the CM my vouchers and asked for another FP for my DD's friend and I was flat-out denied. I told him, "I'd like to speak to your supervisor.". He then disappeared in back for some time and then back came out and grilled me on how and when we obtained the vouchers. Like I was a liar or something. He was super grouchy. I gave him my MB and he spent some time going through my records (hey buddy, it's the 4th time I've been here from Wisconsin in 13 months) and *finally* took the vouchers and put the FPs on our MBs. We did get to ride as a group but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

Did fastpasses first thing this morning and as I expected no FOP ones, so took Navi River Journey. Do you think it's worth it to keep looking to see if it comes available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter