*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how much "general seating" there will be? Will a FP or Dining Package be pretty much necessary late May / early June with the Pandora opening crowds as well.

From looking at the map, it looks like the entrance for packages are on the Dino side and FP side is on the Yeti side. So my guess is there will be either 1/2 of each side for general seating. Not much. I can't imagine how early you would have to wait in line considering Fantasmic it was about an hour and they had so much more seating.

The map on the Disney site shows standbye entrance to be on the dining package side only. It implies the FP side is only for FP.

It looks like the Dinoland side is going to be split between standbye and dining package. We'll have to wait to see the % split, though.

A friend is at AK, she was there this morning and when she used the Ap entrance she was given a wristband and told not to get a fp for the show so they could have more for non ap guests
16602465_10155774293448154_1889328979375657442_o.jpg

Wow these went very quickly. I just found out about this, and its showing March 5th as unavailable for FP. I have a 4yo, and this was going to be a half day, take it easy day kind of day with busier days coming after. I'm not sure if I want to either stay all day, or come back if standby will be iffy or a really long line.

A friend is at AK, she was there this morning and when she used the Ap entrance she was given a wristband and told not to get a fp for the show so they could have more for non ap guests
It appears they are giving these to AP and DVC members. Then have FP as well. One side for FP and one side for wristbands. I wouldn't expect much if any standby just yet.

Park hours are still posted for AK as 7:00 PM close on nights I am seeing there are running a 9:45 ROL show. I am clearly missing something here, but poking around here I am not seeing any discussion that helps me understand the obviously wide gap between the last show and the park close. Can someone take a moment to elaborate?

Park hours are still posted for AK as 7:00 PM close on nights I am seeing there are running a 9:45 ROL show. I am clearly missing something here, but poking around here I am not seeing any discussion that helps me understand the obviously wide gap between the last show and the park close. Can someone take a moment to elaborate?
they haven't changed the closing hours, but they will, it will likely close at 10pm

Are you saying this was given to see the show tonight? And there are FP also? I thought it didn't start until 2/17?

edited: I found my answer, soft opening tonight.

Last edited:
We are going to Disney in July. I was hoping Rainforest would be available as an option for the dining package, but it doesn't look like that's an option. If I made an ADR for Tusker House for lunch, does that guarantee entrance? I was on MDE today, and the reservations for Tusker House didn't mention ROL at all.

Is it possible they don't have everything scheduled for July, yet? This is something I really don't want to miss.

Thanks!

The calendar is only showing reservation availability through the end of June. And, no, making a reservation with Tusker House isn't the same thing. You have to book as the Rivers of Light Dining Package.

I haven't figured out if I want to upend my plans in March and try to catch this. I had a morning at AK planned, and FPs for Epcot that afternoon. Now, I'd have to either change to afternoon at AK and move my FPs to tehre (and RD FEA!) or RD AK, hop to Epcot, and Hop back to AK. It doesn't seem worth it (especially when I was actually going to hop to HS via walking trail for F! or SWAGS).

I guess, as it is looking, without an FP I may have no shot at it anyway. Oh well, I have a longer trip in the works for October, so I'm leaning towards not worrying about it.

We are going to Disney in July. I was hoping Rainforest would be available as an option for the dining package, but it doesn't look like that's an option. If I made an ADR for Tusker House for lunch, does that guarantee entrance? I was on MDE today, and the reservations for Tusker House didn't mention ROL at all.

Is it possible they don't have everything scheduled for July, yet? This is something I really don't want to miss.

Thanks!

I don't think it's been added for July yet but not sure, since I wasn't looking past April, however you will need to book it as a ROL dining package, so it's a separate listing on MDE from the regular Tusker House ADRs...so far, just Tiffins and Tusker House...good luck!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

I just dropped my Dinosaur FPs to get Rivers of Light on March 21. I suspect these are going to go fast, especially when the 30-day window opens for that date. I figure that we'll likely do Dinosaur that day, but the lines will probably have some breaks later in the day.

I am local and just made plans to visit next Saturday on the 18th. All the FP's were gone when I checked (and I keep checking). I am hesitant about paying for a dining package. If I don't have a FP or dining package, will I even be able to see the show? Should I stake out 2 hours before it starts?

I was hoping Rainforest would be available as an option for the dining package, but it doesn't look like that's an option.
No it does not as the Rainforest Cafe and also the Yak &Yeti are not Disney owned and operated restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter