***Official September 2020 Thread***

I just checked for the millionth time and found an opening for 2 ppl at Oga's for our HS day!!! But... it's for 7:45 and the park closes at 7:00. I guess it's staying open late?

It took me FOREVER to find a slot so I could modify my 6:20 res for 4 people down to 2. Just found it randomly today. Is it wrong to recommend booking a table for 4 and worst case scenario asking 2 kindly strangers if they want to get in with you? Lol

It took me FOREVER to find a slot so I could modify my 6:20 res for 4 people down to 2. Just found it randomly today. Is it wrong to recommend booking a table for 4 and worst case scenario asking 2 kindly strangers if they want to get in with you? Lol

I got the reservation for 2 ppl, which is what we needed and I guess they are one of the restaurants on property that's staying open after park closing according to another thread here. Apparently they opened up more availability today since others are also finally finding openings. I just happened to check at the right time! I hope they let us stay longer than 15 minutes since they're listed as closing Oga's at 8! Usually ppl get 45 minutes in there. Excited to have a reason to stay after park close and see Galaxy's Edge as it gets dark out!

What is everyone looking forward to most???

Walking around Crescent Lake in the morning and evening. Grabbing a beer at the Boardwalk Pizza Window and drinking it at a table by the water. Watching the beautiful lights of the Boardwalk reflecting on the water while sipping a glass of wine on my balcony at the Yacht Club. Aaaahhhh!

11 days til departure and I think our plans are more or less set. Decided to use our arrival day (Labor Day) as a pool/resort day to take full advantage of SAB and get some ice cream at Beaches and Cream - also took the stress out of trying to maximize park time since we don't have to worry about missing out on hours if our flight is delayed or changed.

AHHHHHH We are both so excited....we need a relaxing, enjoyable vacation just the two of us.

Besides being at WDW to relax just DH and I, we haven't seen the Star Wars stuff, so I think that is what I am most excited to see. Of course lower crowds, slower pace, new resort, some new places to eat, and not having to follow a FP plan will be extra perks!

Hooray they just announced that there will be Halloween decorations and guests of all ages can wear costumes and Halloween snacks will be available Sept 15-Oct 31st

I saw that too! The first day the decorations will be up is our first MK day! We haven't been in the Fall since 2013, so I am excited to see the decorations again, and try some new treats.

I remember you coming over to this thread from another thread!

And now we are almost there!

Strange but......I am looking forward to sitting on my balcony and watching Penny Wise the pool clown with an adult beverage in my hand.

for once, i'm looking forward to a hopefully relaxing trip

my disney trips for the past 15 years were always go go go, wake up early, extra magic hours, hop to another park, watch nighttime entertainment, sleep, repeat.

even though we had to cut out a pool day (stinking airlines kept changing our flights) a few days we will be back at our hotel probably before 8 pm!! After our resort dinner reservations and some parks closing by 6, that will be a breath of fresh air.

yes i posted above about being worried about our saturday, sunday and maaaaaaaybe Labor day--i think Animal Kingdom won't be too bad though!
but i'll just be happy to be there and with my family. excited to be travelling with a group of 8 adults spread out across three resorts. at times it didn't appear all of us would want to/be able to go and we are officially a week away!!!!!

Anyone hearing or seeing any rumors about Ratatouille? Opening date?
I'm really hoping we get to experience it in September!

Last edited:
As soon as we started doing adults only trips a few years ago in between the trips with our boys, our visits became more relaxing. BUT, I will say our trip last month was definitely a bit of a throwback to pre-FP+ days and it felt so good to not have to rush places other than a couple ADR's! I much prefer no FP+, shorter hours or no. And I detest having to look at my phone so much during the day - what time are those FP's? - so that's another plus to not having them at least for me!

I'll add besides looking forward to seeing my WL again I'm looking forward to at least one new to us restaurant as we recently decided to try Jaleo in Sept. :goodvibes

I agree, relaxing. Every other trip has been go, go, go. This time will be much different for me because I have a back injury and Ill be in a scooter, I can't ride much. So the kids (who are all older) can ride while I look around in the shops and enjoy the scenery. Definitely a change!

One of my favorite things to do in the parks is browse the shops and I never have as much time as I want because we’re always go go go - enjoy the “you” time and getting to look at all the cute stuff (and stop to get some treats too!)

Well, I just went ahead and swapped our park reservations for next Sunday and Monday after seeing that all of the "buckets" are booked full for AK on Sunday. Switched to Epcot that day and AK on Labor Day since it isn't completely booked that day.

Hoping the remainder of the week will be much quieter crowd wise!

This time next week I'll be at YC lounging at SAB. I'm a little worried about the crowds fir the first few days too but I'm sure it'll calm down after labor day

I think so too - I guess they opened up spots for CM's to go to all parks but HS that week (Tues-Thurs) and they are only doing that for the days they expect to have the lowest crowds. Not sure how many CM's will go and how that will affect crowds, but we shall see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter