***Official September 2020 Thread***

I had no expectations to go to WDW this year even pre-COVID after a positively banner year in 2019 (4 parks on 3 continents!!!), but here I am, on the last minute trip bandwagon. We're down to single digits for departure. In the Before Times I traveled a lot for work and fun, and I've been wiping down my area on planes for years, so I already had a solid arsenal of disinfecting products. We're bringing an assortment of cloth masks as well as disposable and hoping for the best! I have to say, I never thought I'd be able to plan a last minute trip in the era of FP+; it's mildly shocking and very exciting how everything came together nicely with points rental, park reservations, and ADRs. Wishing everyone else safe travels to the World and fabulous trips!

2 week count down is on!

I had no expectations to go to WDW this year even pre-COVID after a positively banner year in 2019 (4 parks on 3 continents!!!), but here I am, on the last minute trip bandwagon. We're down to single digits for departure. In the Before Times I traveled a lot for work and fun, and I've been wiping down my area on planes for years, so I already had a solid arsenal of disinfecting products. We're bringing an assortment of cloth masks as well as disposable and hoping for the best! I have to say, I never thought I'd be able to plan a last minute trip in the era of FP+; it's mildly shocking and very exciting how everything came together nicely with points rental, park reservations, and ADRs. Wishing everyone else safe travels to the World and fabulous trips!

Multiple studies have shown when both parties wear masks, even if someone is infected, the chance of transmission is very low. Disney is doing an amazing job of enforcing their mask policy. So while of course there is never "no risk" it's a very low risk. Have fun!

Here in Los Angeles it's 104°F (40°C) with 110°F (43°C) predicted for Sunday. In Orlando it's predicted to be 88°F-91°F (31°C- 33°C). This will be my first September trip where I'm going from stupid hot to hot - it's usually going from warm to stupid hot.... A +/- 10° drop from my home.

So we just booked the BWV for our last minute trip on the 20th. This is so exciting, I do miss the park hopping and dining plans. We had no plans to go back to Disney this year (was there for New Years), but the low waits pulled us in. First time staying at Boardwalk.

I personally am looking forward to not being a slave to FP+, although this is our first trip with ADRs so that will be an interesting change!

Less than 48 hours before we're in the bubble :)

ETA: I feel like I have such a different perspective on the FP+/planning style of touring than most. For my entire life up until 2 years ago we would only go to the World in tandem with trips to see family in FL and used a family member's passes to get into the parks - so we were not able to make fast passes and never planned far enough ahead to secure ADRs, it was always go with the flow, wait in lines, and roll with wherever the day took us. I'm very excited to do that again this trip.

Awesome! We have stayed at both and were just at BCV last month :) SAB wasn't open yet so you have that in your favor but even still we prefer the Epcot area resorts to CR although walking to the MK can't be beat! It's so fun staying at new resorts, enjoy!

Excited to check out the pool! It'll just be me and my oldest (4) so I purposely chose resorts close enough to walk to the parks. We're skipping AK this time and doubling up on MK. Sad we won't make it to all four parks, but with no option to hop I just didn't want to commit a full day to AK. Now hopefully my directionally challenged self doesn't get lost walking to HS. 😆

So we just booked the BWV for our last minute trip on the 20th. This is so exciting, I do miss the park hopping and dining plans. We had no plans to go back to Disney this year (was there for New Years), but the low waits pulled us in. First time staying at Boardwalk.

We just booked yesterday too and arriving at BWVs on September 15. Checking out the day you arrive. NEVER have I booked this close to arrival!

Just a little park update: So Labor Day weekend at Universal, busy and many not wearing masks, I did not hear/see any staff person enforce mask wearing either. Prior to Labor Day weekend the parks were empty with walk on most rides. Temperature checks were performed at both the parks and uni hotels. We left the parks at noon today —too full for us. We are now at the swan— no temperature check but masks and social distancing happening. We have a break from the parks rest of today and tomorrow. Monday will be at akl and mk park.

Attachments

• 7DD6D68C-4666-4F06-AFFD-3C39E0D67D58.jpeg
    7DD6D68C-4666-4F06-AFFD-3C39E0D67D58.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 5
Just a little park update: So Labor Day weekend at Universal, busy and many not wearing masks, I did not hear/see any staff person enforce mask wearing either. Prior to Labor Day weekend the parks were empty with walk on most rides. Temperature checks were performed at both the parks and uni hotels. We left the parks at noon today —too full for us. We are now at the swan— no temperature check but masks and social distancing happening. We have a break from the parks rest of today and tomorrow. Monday will be at akl and mk park.

Yeah the wait times in the app looked like a nightmare - I'm so sorry you guys had to experience that today. Hopefully you're having a relaxing afternoon and have a better experience on Monday!

First time staying at Boardwalk.
We just booked yesterday too and arriving at BWVs on September 15.

This will also be my first time at the Boardwalk and we check in on 9/15 too. Looking forward to walking to Epcot and HS!

I personally am looking forward to not being a slave to FP+, although this is our first trip with ADRs so that will be an interesting change!

It's strangely liberating to NOT be worried about refreshing the app constantly to snag a FP+. I might actually be able to keep my phone in my bag :-)

We will be on the 20th and it’s also our first staying at BWV. We will also miss park hopping but looking forward to low crowds.:-)

Just a little park update: So Labor Day weekend at Universal, busy and many not wearing masks, I did not hear/see any staff person enforce mask wearing either. Prior to Labor Day weekend the parks were empty with walk on most rides. Temperature checks were performed at both the parks and uni hotels.
Ugh sorry! I know you mentioned this after this post but yes, all Uni and Disney parks were at capacity yesterday. Good in many ways but not for the people who were there! I know a few co-workers who were there yesterday and those who had EP were good but a couple who didn't, did not have a fun day.
t's strangely liberating to NOT be worried about refreshing the app constantly to snag a FP+. I might actually be able to keep my phone in my bag :-)
YES! I hate pulling my phone out constantly and it was great last month to not do that!

Here at MK right now and it is not too bad. It seems the wait times are about double the actual wait. Splash had a wait time of 60 min and we were through in about 20. We have been able to do everything we wanted to do and we arrived late this morning. CMs have been enforcing the mask requirements so that has been a plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter