***Official September 2022 Thread***

At the airport now and are confirmed for a flight that departs in an hour. Traffic was a mess getting to the drop off since someone had just run their car into a palm tree and ambulance came behind us weaving through traffic. Took 20 minutes to go a mile but made it and I think the driver is okay.

If anyone goes to Gideon’s Bakehouse before September 18 can you send a report with the return time frame (waitlist). Please. We have never been, wanted to try to get on the list for our DS dinner the 18th.
We will be spending time in DS on 9/9 and 9/17, so I will try to remember to post. We're definitely going to try to go there ourselves on those days, unless we run out of money. :D

* Edit: The reservations are taken.

I'm giving up a few ADR's soon. I thought I would check here first before posting in the Sept ADR cancellation thread...

Last edited:
That's so funny. I always stop in Brunswick, GA on my way down to Disney. In fact I will be at the Hampton Inn there on 9/10 then off to Disney on the 11th! It's a nice way to break up the drive. Hope you have a great time.

Not sure why my ticker stops working. :oops:
So funny! We’re planning to stay at the Hampton Inn in Brunswick on the way down as well! It’ll be about two weeks after you. It’s the perfect stop for the night!

I was up early this morning and caught a TP res finder notification for Le Cellier! It's for 6:15 pm. It was a bit earlier than I wanted. I also have my original Chefs de France for 7:00 pm. Now I can't decide! I've heard ambiance is better in France, but food is better in Canada. Which one sets us up better for being done in time for fireworks? I plan to get us a last minute spot and not have to stake out early for one.

Got home last night and waited to hear that my dad made it safely home also. His last flight was to Oregon while I'm in CO - we were able to fly together to Denver from MCO luckily.

He's still feeling badly but rather than go to the ER last night since Urgent Care was already closed, my mom will be taking him in this morning. United also lost his gate checked bag so they'll stop at the airport to hopefully get that. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what is going on. I'm not sure if I mentioned but he's been testing negative for Covid.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the amazing low crowds! I'm kind of bummed that we weren't able to fully take advantage of them but at least we know that the very end of August and September are still great times to go! Even our sold out Halloween Party was not too crowded at all.

Have a wonderful time, everyone! :)

Got home last night and waited to hear that my dad made it safely home also. His last flight was to Oregon while I'm in CO - we were able to fly together to Denver from MCO luckily.

He's still feeling badly but rather than go to the ER last night since Urgent Care was already closed, my mom will be taking him in this morning. United also lost his gate checked bag so they'll stop at the airport to hopefully get that. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what is going on. I'm not sure if I mentioned but he's been testing negative for Covid.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the amazing low crowds! I'm kind of bummed that we weren't able to fully take advantage of them but at least we know that the very end of August and September are still great times to go! Even our sold out Halloween Party was not too crowded at all.

Have a wonderful time, everyone! :)

Glad to hear you're all home safely. Keep us posted about your dad.

Magic bands shipped last night!!! 14 days til we leave so hopefully they get to us in time! Woohoo!!!
Thank you. I called today. It was a quick call. They said wait until the 12th (5 days before we leave) and if we don’t have it by then to call back and they will send magic bands to our resort. I’ll keep checking daily for a shipping notice and crossing my fingers.
Magic bands shipped last night!!! 14 days til we leave so hopefully they get to us in time! Woohoo!!!

I haven’t been on here since Thursday but I’m caught up now! Yesterday I was afraid that I was going to have to cancel the trip. At school I Thursday my 6.5yo DD collided with a classmate on the playground. Her nose is broken and the swelling is so bad. I can’t remember if I told y’all about my parents keeping the kids while we’re gone but they forgot and booked a trip to Gatlinburg for Mon-Thu. 🤦🏼‍♀️ My BFF stepped up and offered to keep them those days. Now with the broken nose, my BFF only has to keep my 9yo DS and my DD will go to TN with my parents and their adult friends. I think it’s 5 couples and my poor girl. She’d rather stay home with my BFF and her daughter but we can’t risk re-injury. I’m sure she’s going to be spoiled to death with so many grandparents even though most aren’t hers. 😆 The swelling is getting worse day by day but luckily it’s not offset and she’s not in any pain except when she scrunches her nose. If it shifts any at all, she has to go to ENT immediately to have it reset to prevent surgery later. And that’s just a tiny bit of what I’ve been dealing with between the kids and work. So keep us in your prayers if you’re the praying type or, if not, send all the good vibes our way!

And I’m happy to report that since surgery is not needed (yet), DH and I are currently on our way to WDW! We just crossed the GA-FL state line and will arrive at our resort in about 2.5 hours!!!!! We have Ragland Rd reservations in DS tonight. I’m so looking forward to the low crowds!

ETA: The 2nd pic is from less than 2 weeks ago at the Braves game.

Attachments

• 33275B2F-9AB2-401D-B527-1797D1D0DFEC.jpeg
    33275B2F-9AB2-401D-B527-1797D1D0DFEC.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 6D9549F4-DCBC-4FE1-9BCE-C36E56FACF2A.jpeg
    6D9549F4-DCBC-4FE1-9BCE-C36E56FACF2A.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Boots on the ground report: don't sleep on the Medicare blue lounge in Restaurant Marakesh at the back of the Morocco pavilion. Seats, air conditioning, free cooling towels, free mint tea or cold brew, watercolor artist making custom keepsakes, and Eat to the Beat priority seating (25 per show limit, at 2:30 pm they still had bands for all 3 shows).

Just show this pass (you can Google it to generate your own pass if you want but they barely looked at my screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-092801.png
    Screenshot_20220903-092801.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 46
Update - my dad is at the hospital. Covid test there came back positive. Symptoms didn't line up with what we know about it with no congestion or fever at the time so didn't really suspect it too much although did a home test that came back negative. Anyway, he is very dehydrated as well so they have him on IV fluids. Liver enzyme was also out of wack in his bloodwork so they're doing an ultrasound next. He may need to spend the night tonight. Will know more later.

Man... it's been a stressful couple of days not knowing what was wrong and then waiting for word today once he got to the hospital. Don't want to bring the mood of the thread down, but just wanted to say thank you for sending good thoughts his way!

Boots on the ground report: don't sleep on the Medicare blue lounge in Restaurant Marakesh at the back of the Morocco pavilion. Seats, air conditioning, free cooling towels, free mint tea or cold brew, watercolor artist making custom keepsakes, and Eat to the Beat priority seating (25 per show limit, at 2:30 pm they still had bands for all 3 shows).

Just show this pass (you can Google it to generate your own pass if you want but they barely looked at my screenshot).
Tried googling but only found the pass from last year’s lounge.we are not members of the Advent systme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter