***Official September 2022 Thread***

During the dates and hours that we plan on visiting the parks, there is a forecast for showers and scattered thunderstorms for the entire time. Should I...
(1) wear socks and sneakers to the parks with crocs in my bag for when it is actively raining or
(2) wear waterproof hiking sandals?

I'll be pushing a stroller with two little ones so I'll need good traction and support for most of the time.
Waterproof hiking sandals. There is nothing worse than being stuck in the world showcase with wet socks. If we aren't planning a midday break, i always bring another pair of lightweight shoes into the parks. We love our Keens and Chaco's!

Ordered our MagicBands+ on August 10th (solid colors, not the fancy ones). Looks like they just shipped today. We'll see how long it takes to get here.
How long did it take for your tracking to update? My MB+ was shipped last Wednesday but the tracking status still says unavailable. I called today about it and they’re having a new one shipped to the resort instead but I wanted it before arrival to charge and update. Did you order through MDE or Shop Disney?
Yesterday it said heading a USPS facility in Georgia, today it said it was in Texas. So, it seems to be updating daily for my order. We ordered through MDE.

Yesterday it said heading a USPS facility in Georgia, today it said it was in Texas. So, it seems to be updating daily for my order. We ordered through MDE.
It took a whole week but the tracking finally updated and shows the MB+ was picked up yesterday afternoon in Davenport, FL. It should only take 2-3 days to get to me in metro Atlanta. 🤞🏻

In my experiences with similar tiny fridges (cedar point this summer), having it be fairly full with already cold things helps a lot. Don’t expect it to get room temp sodas cold AND keep your milk cold. But if you put chilled water bottles and soda cans in it can hold the colder temp. We cooled our water bottles in the sink with ice for a few hours before putting them in the fridge. I’ve read of others putting the ice bucket into the fridge if milk is all you have, just to reduce the amount space it needs to keep cool.

I think this trip we’re going to do the shelf stable horizon milk boxes just to not worry about it.

Anyone else with an early month trip looking at this Disney + day stuff with side eye?

That is our HS day and it sounds like they’re loading the special stuff in that park. Hopefully it’s not enough to convince everyone to change park reservations but I’m already annoyed now we have to get up even earlier to rope drop after EE late night at MK the night before… honestly I’m skeptical that can happen so I feel like this throws my whole HS day off.
It's our HS day too, with a late MK night before. I was excited to get to experience whatever extras might be in the park for the day, but felt like it probably will make that day a bit of a write off for rides.... and I picked it assuming it would be a less busy day to visit HS. Oh well, it's a very privileged problem to have, so I will not complain. Will probably go for rope drop, do a few things and go back to the room for a nap.

We'll be in DHS on the 8th. I anticipate large crowds especially later in the morning. I'm hoping to be ahead of the crowd for RoTR, but everything else should be fairly easy for 2 adults to navigate. We have all day and no need to do everything. I am excited to see what the day brings for Disney+ Day. We will likely still do Genie+ in this park as well.
See you there. My DH and I will probably do the same... do RoTR first thing and then head to Toy Story Land.

It's our HS day too, with a late MK night before. I was excited to get to experience whatever extras might be in the park for the day, but felt like it probably will make that day a bit of a write off for rides.... and I picked it assuming it would be a less busy day to visit HS. Oh well, it's a very privileged problem to have, so I will not complain. Will probably go for rope drop, do a few things and go back to the room for a nap.
I’ll be at MK the night before and HS on D+ day. That’s also our wedding anniversary and we plan to hop to Epcot for the evening for our Space 220 Lounge dinner. I see a really big nap in my future. 😴😂

My tracking finally updated to say that it reached my city yesterday, so hopefully my magic band will be here today or tomorrow. I got my shipping notice Friday and this is the first time it’s updated to say anything more than it had been dropped off. We leave next Thursday. I am counting down the days!!

See you there. My DH and I will probably do the same... do RoTR first thing and then head to Toy Story Land.
Sounds like at least we’ll all be there together 😴

Only a few of my giant party is there for thrill rides so my plan is rope drop ToT and RNRC, go back to nap, hopefully pull G+ For all the toy story and Star Wars stuff, and then the three of us try to hop in slinky at the end of the night.
I’ll be at MK the night before and HS on D+ day. That’s also our wedding anniversary and we plan to hop to Epcot for the evening for our Space 220 Lounge dinner. I see a really big nap in my future. 😴😂
we all had the same excellent plan. See y’all there through a sleep deprived haze!

Lovely Disney is offering an increased AP merchandise credit which of course begins the day I leave!

“Walt Disney World has announced a limited time increase to the Annual Passholder merchandise discount to go along with the resort room deal for October through December 2022 that also just dropped.

From September 14 through October 14, 2022, the Annual Passholder merchandise discount will temporarily increase from 20% to 30% at Disney-owned and operated locations throughout Walt Disney World.

Now is your chance to put together your “spooky season” look with items from the newest Halloween collections or find that special Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration must-have gift.”

I'm shocked!!! I checked MDE and my MB+ finally shipped!! I was all set to call them tomorrow and wait forever to speak with someone on my day off. Now hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to me. I leave on the 7th. So just under two weeks now.

I was so busy today I only just got around to checking.

I am feeling verrrrrrry excited today :) I think my plans are done - though I always tend to find something to change but I'm pretty pleased with them. Trying to stay realistic on how much I can reasonably accomplish each day so I don't wear myself out at the beginning.

I'm also on hurricane watch and am a bit concerned that they keep saying they are still expecting the same number of storms as they were earlier in the year, despite nothing really happening in August. But, it is what it is and I've certainly done this dance before lol. I will get myself down there and really don't care if I have to stay longer lol.

Sounds like at least we’ll all be there together 😴

Only a few of my giant party is there for thrill rides so my plan is rope drop ToT and RNRC, go back to nap, hopefully pull G+ For all the toy story and Star Wars stuff, and then the three of us try to hop in slinky at the end of the night.

we all had the same excellent plan. See y’all there through a sleep deprived haze!
We will be there as well. Attending EEH the night before. I did not plan to get there at park open on the 8th and now it is opening even earlier. I did not think about it being more crowded when the announcement was made. Now I am wondering if I should try to change park reservation to Epcot.

Last edited:
I'm shocked!!! I checked MDE and my MB+ finally shipped!! I was all set to call them tomorrow and wait forever to speak with someone on my day off. Now hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to me. I leave on the 7th. So just under two weeks now.

I was so busy today I only just got around to checking.
After I just saw your post I went and checked mine too and it also has finally shipped....I just checked this morning and it still said “in progress”. We arrive 9/4 so 🤞

I'll be at the Boardwalk from Sept 11th - Sept 16th. It is so hard to wait!
Hi @moonshadow and welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!!! :welcome: We are so glad you joined us as September just gets closer and closer. It is so hard to wait and I am so excited also. Boardwalk sounds great - such a beautiful resort ⛱️. I will add you to the CountDown List and will see you here for more last minute planning.:mickeyjum

Coming for a quick solo trip. Staying at the Swan 5th through 8th.
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @TEAMJACOB !!!! :welcome: Congrats on your solo trip. Nice quick trip but full of everything Disney. pixiedust: I have stayed at the Dolphin and ate at one of the Swans 🦢 restaurants and it was very good. I will add you to the CountDown List. Have a wonderful trip and we hope to see you here for more planning.:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter