**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

This is great info! Thanks!! My 6 yo dd LOVES DV (she wore a DV shirt to JTA and got some comments about it:rotfl:) but Maul frightens her a little. JTA is a huge trip highlight for her. Hopefully there will be a soft opening the 30th. If it opens the 1st we will have to add an extra day to an off day. :)

I think we might have a match made in heaven! (my DS and you DD)

I LOVE THIS THREAD! I am a major Star Wars fan, going back to my early childhood (currently 31 yrs). I have gradually converted my DW and all 3 children! (proud smile)

My DD7 loves Darth Vader and would LOVE the new JTA. We passed Vader on our way to Star Tours last time, just as he was coming out of the cargo bay doors. She almost freaked out! I am so excited to take her back and hopefully experience the Jedi Academy.

Truth is, I would go myself...if only they let adults in too! LOL

I would absolutely do it as well! I always like Star Wars because that was a major cultural thing during my childhood but it wasn't until DS got into it that I really started to geek out. I was ready and waiting to book for 2016 SWW but now that's not happening.

My son would lose his mind if we randomly ran into Darth Vadar. He pretended to faint last night when I told him Launch Bay might be sort of open when we are at WDW.

Honestly, all this new info is making me think about doing some serious re-shuffling of our overall plans.

I LOVE THIS THREAD! I am a major Star Wars fan, going back to my early childhood (currently 31 yrs). I have gradually converted my DW and all 3 children! (proud smile)

My DD7 loves Darth Vader and would LOVE the new JTA. We passed Vader on our way to Star Tours last time, just as he was coming out of the cargo bay doors. She almost freaked out! I am so excited to take her back and hopefully experience the Jedi Academy.

Truth is, I would go myself...if only they let adults in too! LOL
I call this being a responsible husband and a good parent :)
welcome to our SW family

I guess this will be the "trip of crazy expenses" for us. We are doing Club villain our first night there and will be looking to book the dessert party for night 2. I don't think we can pass it up, given the level of Star Wars fandom we have in the family.

I think we're in the same boat you are. I signed up my husband and older daughters for Club Villain. I didn't really have plans for the rest of us for that night. My son is a huge SW fan, though. I have an 8:05 a.m. ADR for H&V so we'll be in a good position to get him signed up for JTA, which he's never done. That's earlier in the week. If there's a dessert party going on that Saturday night while the rest of the family is at Club Villain, I'm signing us up.

We never made it to Star Wars weekends, so I won't know what I'm missing out on. I just want a millennium falcon glow cube. And that Han Solo lunchbox sounds pretty cool, too.

This is great info! Thanks!! My 6 yo dd LOVES DV (she wore a DV shirt to JTA and got some comments about it:rotfl:) but Maul frightens her a little. JTA is a huge trip highlight for her. Hopefully there will be a soft opening the 30th. If it opens the 1st we will have to add an extra day to an off day. :)
I did inquire about a soft opening and was told that the last rehearsals will include CMs as the Younglings. That could always change though as it reportedly is a more scripted and action-oriented show.

I did inquire about a soft opening and was told that the last rehearsals will include CMs as the Younglings. That could always change though as it reportedly is a more scripted and action-oriented show.
Oh no! So any soft openings that may take place between Nov 27 until opening are scheduled to have CMs instead of kids?

Is it still supposed to open Dec 1st? If so, looks like we will have to pick Saturday up as a half day atleast!

Oh no! So any soft openings that may take place between Nov 27 until opening are scheduled to have CMs instead of kids?

Is it still supposed to open Dec 1st? If so, looks like we will have to pick Saturday up as a half day atleast!
The rehearsals will be at night after the park closes - similar to how parades and hard-ticket parties run their final rehearsals.

I'll keep checking to see if there is any word on in the park final run-throughs/soft openings.

I think we're in the same boat you are. I signed up my husband and older daughters for Club Villain. I didn't really have plans for the rest of us for that night. My son is a huge SW fan, though. I have an 8:05 a.m. ADR for H&V so we'll be in a good position to get him signed up for JTA, which he's never done. That's earlier in the week. If there's a dessert party going on that Saturday night while the rest of the family is at Club Villain, I'm signing us up.

We never made it to Star Wars weekends, so I won't know what I'm missing out on. I just want a millennium falcon glow cube. And that Han Solo lunchbox sounds pretty cool, too.
My DD is 12 and has done JTA several times before. When she was that age, she loved it. We do Club villain our first full park day ,and I am hoping to work the dessert party in the next night.

In my opinion, if the firework show is anything like the last year's or the FSF where there are characters on stage. The best viewing was from the package reserved spots. Unless you were willing to wait forever like @Gianfootography . And he even lost his prime spot a time or two.

After a while I quit waiting, I would just show up and dance my way into a sexy spot in front of the stage. Mostly on Sunday nights after catching the amazing Obi-Wan and Beyond show. I would get my 22nd wind of the weekend and burned off all energy dancing to DJ Elliot. I just found the last Fireworks Pre-show from the last day of the event that I recorded. I edited it and set it to render and will be uploading it in a few weeks. Watching the part where James asked us to say the opening lines, hearing my SWW friends and I shout "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." I teared up. SWW was such an amazing event. Losing it is more tragic than the destruction of Alderaan. No amount of Vader cupcakes will ever make it better.
17918006378_07998a1695_k.jpg

@Gianfootography I was also looking through all my pics on fb. I started posting them there in 2009 and also cried. So many wonderful memories, experiences and awesome people that I've met along the way. Also, I love your pictures, you are very talented

I don't like SW but my DH and 2 DDs are fans. When I first read about the rumours of SotF I made some changes to our plans. We will be at WDW Feb 26-March1 and wasn't planning on going to DHS this time but since DH is such a HUGE fan of SW and he's the sole reason we can afford another trip to WDW this winter because he has been working overseas for the last 2 months working 6 days a week, 12h a day I decided to put my favourite (EPCOT) aside this time and go to DHS instead on Sat Feb27 and now I am hoping I can book the dessert party if the price is not outrageous! I'm even willing to drop my O'hana dinner to pay for the party if I have too!

I don't like SW but my DH and 2 DDs are fans. When I first read about the rumours of SotF I made some changes to our plans. We will be at WDW Feb 26-March1 and wasn't planning on going to DHS this time but since DH is such a HUGE fan of SW and he's the sole reason we can afford another trip to WDW this winter because he has been working overseas for the last 2 months working 6 days a week, 12h a day I decided to put my favourite (EPCOT) aside this time and go to DHS instead on Sat Feb27 and now I am hoping I can book the dessert party if the price is not outrageous! I'm even willing to drop my O'hana dinner to pay for the party if I have too!
Very cool.
For a Star Wars fan what is going to be offered is great, not SWW great, but still great. By then you also will have more details on exactly what is going on. If you want to start to budget the dessert party just think about $65 per adult maybe $40 per kid so you can have an idea on how much you will spend.

Had to share in case anyone is interested. I just scored tickets to the opening night event with party afterwards. Yay!
There are still some openings.

They're all gone now. That was quick.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@Gianfootography I was also looking through all my pics on fb. I started posting them there in 2009 and also cried. So many wonderful memories, experiences and awesome people that I've met along the way. Also, I love your pictures, you are very talented
Thanks! And thanks for all the Disney Star Wars updates. I still have not finished processing any of my pictures from week 5 of this year's event. Or video editing any of the shows past the 1st weekend. I am determined to edit and post all the videos I have shot over the years, but I think I am going to have the most trouble finishing the SWW stuff. I usually have trouble developing my concert pictures due to my laziness but the Star Wars stuff will be emotional laziness.

I am still vexed that Mickey and Minnie wont be dressing up anymore in their star wars outfits.

I need to let it slide...

DS is 10yo and was Darth Maul for Halloween. Hmmm, we might need to have a sit down about this......it is sounding more and more like something we might need to try to do.

By getting there early, how crazy will it be to sign him up? Like get to the gate an hour early and sprint to the sign in area as soon as the park opens? Like (former) Wally World Black Friday crazy?

Are the Jedi Trainings something that happens all day throughout the day?

When we went in 2014 we had pre park reservations at Hollywood and vine (Disney Jr. Character meal for our daughter). My husband suddenly looked outside and realized people were coming into the park(it was still pre opening) so he and our son left the meal so that they could sign up. By the time they made it through the wait line they were signing up for an 11:45 show I believe it was.

I have been watching this forum with great excitement and sorrow ever since we planned our first SWW trip for May of 2016. I've learned a lot from reading all your great insights, experiences, and speculations...thanks for sharing! When SWW was officially canceled, I decided to move my trip to the end of January in hopes of SotF, and happily, it looks like it's going to be a decent alternative for my Star Wars crazed boys (including DH.) My question to all of you SWW veterans... I know it's not yet available, but we really would like to get in on the Fireworks dessert party. Any tips for making this happen, or is it just luck of the draw by being online the moment it's released? Also, how does this work with Fantasmic? From what I've read, it looks like they still do Fantasmic, but I am wondering if it's feasible to see Fantasmic and still do the fireworks dessert party. Or maybe this is uncharted territory if there are usually 2 Fantasmic showings in May/June but now only one since it's in January?

Okay so my question. I have a trip booked for the beginning of June. It was suppose to be for one of the last SWW weekends. It is a surprise trip for my son. I told him that Disney has cancelled all future SWW. In your opinions....since we are still waiting on info.....should I try and move my trip to the beginning of March or do you think most of the "seasons of the force" (fireworks, wandering storm troopers) will continue into June? I am so completely up in the air on what to do right now..I guess the only advantage is my son has no ideas about the seasons of the force, and doesn't know we are going to Disney.

Okay so my question. I have a trip booked for the beginning of June. It was suppose to be for one of the last SWW weekends. It is a surprise trip for my son. I told him that Disney has cancelled all future SWW. In your opinions....since we are still waiting on info.....should I try and move my trip to the beginning of March or do you think most of the "seasons of the force" (fireworks, wandering storm troopers) will continue into June? I am so completely up in the air on what to do right now..I guess the only advantage is my son has no ideas about the seasons of the force, and doesn't know we are going to Disney.

I am right there with you. We have a trip (hotel) planned for June. Once I thought SWW may not happen, I decided to book the hotel for our Spring Break. I have also booked ADRs for March. I am now waiting to see if the fireworks & dessert party will happen during that time. I think it will, but I am still hesitant to get tickets or our flights, since those will require fees to change.

I think the beginning of March will have the fireworks, based upon the previously released dates. However, you just never know what Disney will do. I am also wondering if they dropped the SOTF moniker for WDW, because they plan to run the fireworks and dessert party for a while. It's really impossible to tell right now. I really hope they announce the end dates soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter