**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

rumor is that fireworks will be offered nightly but that's just a rumor and also we don't know if they would offer the dessert party every night if the fireworks are nightly. Maybe they will just offer dessert party on the weekends...I would plan on swapping the days if it's not a huge inconvenience to your plans
It's not a huge inconvenience at this point since FP+ haven't been made yet. I just checked, and there are still plenty of dining options at both parks. I think I will go ahead and switch with the hope that we can more easily snag a dessert party on Saturday. Thank you!!!

You guuuyyys! Yavin 4 is only the moon from which they launched the attack on the first Death Star! No biggie. :P Also, it is the reason for BBY in any SW time line. Just like we have BC, they have BBY.

There's no telling what the crowds will be like for a newly opened, reimagined JTA. We got there an hour early and were third in line at our turn style. We got a 10:10 show, the earliest available. Regardless of the CMs, people will run. They do a pretty good job controlling it overall though. Just be prepared and have patience.
DD was just going on about Yavin 4 and the Death Star today - good to know we are among other major Star Wars nuts! My 2 nuts are currently building the LEGO Taj Mahal - did not buy the set when it was out but are now building it out of pieces that we already had and ones that we ordered. Quite a multicolored project it will be!

I have just told my son the news who is 10 and is going in June for his first trip but I did play up the new Launch Bay, Jedi Training, Fireworks and everything else that is going to happen on a daily basis and told him that instead of just the weekend that we will be able to be immersed in Star Wars everyday we are there he seemed to get very excited. He took the news very well and I am just making sure I keep him informed to all the news I come across so he feels like he is not missing anything but gaining more events.

I have a trip planned for June with just my son, I haven't told him. It was suppose to be our SWW trip. He doesn't know about the trip and I wasn't planning on telling him until the day we leave, but he does know SWW has been cancelled. I think I am going to keep my dates and wait to tell him when we leave like originally planned and tell him it was book before we had found out SWW was cancelled, but at least we will have 5 days just the 2 of us together in Disney. No daddy and no sister.

I just checked in after not catching up for a few days and I am SO excited about possible SW fireworks on a weeknight. Since our trip is over the HP Celebration weekend, we can't be at DHS on Fri., Sat. or Sun. unless I pay for another day on our Disney tickets and the cost of cab fare from Universal to DHS and then back to the Hard Rock ONLY to see fireworks, which was starting to seem a bit ridiculous even for my SW obsession. Will be checking here more often now to see if it is confirmed!! We will likely get to the park at least 45 mins to an hour before opening to make sure we get JTA, my son can't wait for the chance to battle Seventh Sister.

I love this thread. I think there are more pages added daily than any other thread and I look forward to catching up every evening!

With that out of the way...mummy of the year award is going to go to me in December seeing as I'm going to have to figure out a way to avoid JTA while we are at the park on the 14th, essentially crushing my kid's dream of fighting Maul. We have the Osborne dessert party booked for the night, so no way am I spending that much to have a melted down kid wail about how tired he is because he woke up at 6:00 to make it to JTA signups. When we make him sleep in and then leisurely pass by other kids who get to battle Darth Maul, he is going to blow a gasket. I can't figure out how to sneak around that area because he is going to want to do star tours five billion times as well. I have some planning ahead...

He is most disappointed about not being able to trade with Jawas now that SWW is cancelled. If they aren't even doing character meals, there is no chance something like this would pop up, I suppose?

If the fireworks will in fact be every night then you have better chances to book, during SWW, when it was only on the weekends, most dates sold out in a matter of days so as long as you check the blog and this thread every day you should be fine to book

They do both F! and fireworks. When there are two F! is better to watch the fireworks and then go to the second F!. If you must watch the first then try and sit toward the top of the theater and toward the right and exit as fast as you can.
Not sure how it would work with one F! , I would think it would be fireworks then F!, remember that even the January haven't been set in stone yet, so as soon as the holiday hours update we should get the actual January calendar.
Thanks for the info...you give me hope! I was so worried that it would probably get released while I was at work and I would come home to find that it had sold out in one hour. (Still trying to get over the trauma of getting a BOG ADR! ;) ) i will be sure to keep checking here!

I have been rather disappointed with a lot of the changes Disney has been making over the past few months/years. It seems some of the things I look forward to the most are no longer - SWW, Osborne lights, etc. But, I just returned from a week at Disney where I got to spend a night in Cinderella Castle. I came home with a renewed appreciation for all things Disney and a bit more optimistic view on what new things they may have. I'm super excited about the Star Wars dessert party - hope the price fits my excitement, though. I can't wait for more details about everything they may have. I hope they don't keep things from us for too much longer.

I love this thread. I think there are more pages added daily than any other thread and I look forward to catching up every evening!

With that out of the way...mummy of the year award is going to go to me in December seeing as I'm going to have to figure out a way to avoid JTA while we are at the park on the 14th, essentially crushing my kid's dream of fighting Maul. We have the Osborne dessert party booked for the night, so no way am I spending that much to have a melted down kid wail about how tired he is because he woke up at 6:00 to make it to JTA signups. When we make him sleep in and then leisurely pass by other kids who get to battle Darth Maul, he is going to blow a gasket. I can't figure out how to sneak around that area because he is going to want to do star tours five billion times as well. I have some planning ahead...

He is most disappointed about not being able to trade with Jawas now that SWW is cancelled. If they aren't even doing character meals, there is no chance something like this would pop up, I suppose?
We are a fun loving little SW family aren't we?
Avoiding JT while riding ST will be hard, is there no way to go early and do JT and then maybe catch a nap to refresh and be there for the O Lights?
Or you can tell him that the kids got picked at random, a little white lie won't hurt him ;)

And Mickey will be on at the end of the segment to celebrate GMA's birthday!
Mickey did an awesome job, please let Mickey's friend know that.

Thanks for the info...you give me hope! I was so worried that it would probably get released while I was at work and I would come home to find that it had sold out in one hour. (Still trying to get over the trauma of getting a BOG ADR! ;) ) i will be sure to keep checking here!
If you put an alert of this thread on your settings (go to watch thread on the upper part of this page and to the right and then you can get an email each time someone comments) you can see when something is announced faster. The page explodes each time something important is posted

I have been rather disappointed with a lot of the changes Disney has been making over the past few months/years. It seems some of the things I look forward to the most are no longer - SWW, Osborne lights, etc. But, I just returned from a week at Disney where I got to spend a night in Cinderella Castle. I came home with a renewed appreciation for all things Disney and a bit more optimistic view on what new things they may have. I'm super excited about the Star Wars dessert party - hope the price fits my excitement, though. I can't wait for more details about everything they may have. I hope they don't keep things from us for too much longer.
Ok, you cannot casually mention that you got to spend a night at Cindy's Castle and not give more details ... so happy for you

DD was just going on about Yavin 4 and the Death Star today - good to know we are among other major Star Wars nuts! My 2 nuts are currently building the LEGO Taj Mahal - did not buy the set when it was out but are now building it out of pieces that we already had and ones that we ordered. Quite a multicolored project it will be!
Thats so funny! I had to confirm with ODS that it was the first Death Star. Nothing like a near 7yo looking at you befuddled saying disdainfully, "Yes, come on! Don't you know that?!" Big Lego house here, too. Looks like we have a match made in heaven about twenty years from now lol!

If I spent a night in the castle I'd also have a renewed appreciation of everything Disney!! Lucky. How'd you pull that one off??

That's fantastic! I keep telling my son we need to build new stuff from old Legos. I bought the Death Star Lego set one year and made it a treat for my son if he went to karate without complaining. We spread that project out over several months. It's one of two sets that didn't get broken down right away (the other being the Tower of Orthanc from Lord of the Rings).

Is it terrible that all I could think when I read the title of this article was "THANK GOODNESS!!"?!

Why George Lucas Has No Desire to Direct Another ‘Star Wars’ Film
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/george-lucas-star-wars-films-1201643895/

I had the same reaction. My favorite comment was Lucas saying he hoped the Force wasn't turned into gobbledygook. This coming from the man who introduced the world to the term midi-chlorians.

My DD is 12 and has done JTA several times before. When she was that age, she loved it. We do Club villain our first full park day ,and I am hoping to work the dessert party in the next night.

I'm pretty sure my middle daughter, who is 11, will want to participate. DD12 will either want to join the other two or declare it the lamest thing ever. Which one will likely depend on how her hair turns out that morning, the phase of the moon, whether her sister borrowed her deodorant, etc. The toddler will be 2 months shy of her fourth birthday and probably get mad that she can't participate.

Ok, you cannot casually mention that you got to spend a night at Cindy's Castle and not give more details ... so happy for you

If I spent a night in the castle I'd also have a renewed appreciation of everything Disney!! Lucky. How'd you pull that one off??

I wasn't sure how off-topic I should get but the trip was AMAZING. My cousin won a contest when the new Cinderella movie came out. The castle suite is absolutely wonderful. They were filming a Latin American New Years Eve special the night we stayed and had fireworks going off most of the night. They were beautiful from the stained glass windows. We got a glass slipper to take home and a white chocolate carriage filled with and surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries. In the morning they treated us to breakfast at CRT. We also got to stay at AKL club level for 4 nights. The prize package also provided a VIP tour guide for 8 hours. We parked backstage at HS behind Toy Story. They still have some of the props that had been on display on the Backlot Tour, but most seemed to have been moved. I have no idea where the new Pixar attractions are suppose to be, but there was no noticeable construction. Our tour guide said construction on the new areas should start in early January.

I wasn't sure how off-topic I should get but the trip was AMAZING. My cousin won a contest when the new Cinderella movie came out. The castle suite is absolutely wonderful. They were filming a Latin American New Years Eve special the night we stayed and had fireworks going off most of the night. They were beautiful from the stained glass windows. We got a glass slipper to take home and a white chocolate carriage filled with and surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries. In the morning they treated us to breakfast at CRT. We also got to stay at AKL club level for 4 nights. The prize package also provided a VIP tour guide for 8 hours. We parked backstage at HS behind Toy Story. They still have some of the props that had been on display on the Backlot Tour, but most seemed to have been moved. I have no idea where the new Pixar attractions are suppose to be, but there was no noticeable construction. Our tour guide said construction on the new areas should start in early January.
amazing, so cool and happy for you. That area behind TSMM is rumored to be part of TSLand but yeah, like the guide said, it won't start until January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter