**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I hope you enjoyed the show.

(But I still like the original show better! :) )

I managed to capture it with a 16mm lens but (as syndrome would say) it wasn't wide enough!!!! I couldn't catch the side fireworks or the tree lights - MAYBE being back further and closer to the projection towers might be better for all future shooters (and if you had a monopod like I did on the table. ;) )

OK..so let me ask my SW friends here b/f bringing it to a general thread and starting a flame war.

My daughter is 10...too tall/heavy to hold, but not tall enough to see over an adult yet. I'll be at the dessert party, but even still everything seems somewhat flat and the projections are more at eye level rather then up in the sky like a traditional fireworks show.

We have a small, collapsible stool, prob about 10-11 inches high. So you think security allow me to bring that in (keep it folder flat in the stroller) so that she could get a slight boost for the show?

I know there is a big debate of shoulders/no shoulders in these discussions. And i'll have my little guy who I'll have to hold for him to see, but i'm concerned about her. Again, not looking for a war, but I just want to give a kid an opportunity to see though all the adults.

OK..so let me ask my SW friends here b/f bringing it to a general thread and starting a flame war.

My daughter is 10...too tall/heavy to hold, but not tall enough to see over an adult yet. I'll be at the dessert party, but even still everything seems somewhat flat and the projections are more at eye level rather then up in the sky like a traditional fireworks show.

We have a small, collapsible stool, prob about 10-11 inches high. So you think security allow me to bring that in (keep it folder flat in the stroller) so that she could get a slight boost for the show?

I know there is a big debate of shoulders/no shoulders in these discussions. And i'll have my little guy who I'll have to hold for him to see, but i'm concerned about her. Again, not looking for a war, but I just want to give a kid an opportunity to see though all the adults.
No idea about security, but my two cents is that if she is not talker than an average adult, then that would be ok with me. It is when kids are on shoulders and thus blocking everyone else of normal height that I get twitchy.

No idea about security, but my two cents is that if she is not talker than an average adult, then that would be ok with me. It is when kids are on shoulders and thus blocking everyone else of normal height that I get twitchy.

nope, it would put her at a normal adult shoulder height.

I am well aware of the shoulders issues. I don't mind it while walking around. My little guy rides up there often (Its actually easier to carry him there), but if watching a show, unless we are well in the back, I transition him to on my hip or basket carry in front of my chest.

Also waiting for August dates to open. I'm on the fence about the dessert party. On one hand, we are a group of 6- 5 adults, pricewise, and one kiddo. That's a good chunk of change. In addition to the desserts, what else is going on during the party? I like the idea of having a guaranteed spot for the fireworks, and yes, all of my family are SW fans, and this IS our 20th Anniversary trip. It probably won't take much, but someone sell me on booking the party, once it's available!

Also waiting for August dates to open. I'm on the fence about the dessert party. On one hand, we are a group of 6- 5 adults, pricewise, and one kiddo. That's a good chunk of change. In addition to the desserts, what else is going on during the party? I like the idea of having a guaranteed spot for the fireworks, and yes, all of my family are SW fans, and this IS our 20th Anniversary trip. It probably won't take much, but someone sell me on booking the party, once it's available!
How hot will it be waiting out in the heat for a good spot? The waiting inside - along with snacks, desserts and tasty beverages - are a pretty strong selling point.

We are going after Thanksgiving, and I am thinking about doing it on our last night (assuming it is offered then!) - in part as a fun way to end the trip, and in part so we don't have to worry about saving spots and can just pop over later/at party time (will likely be spending the rest of the day at MK).

Not sure about security. I wouldn't mind at all. You may encounter a cm telling you to take her down of the stool for safety reasons but I doubt that will happen

I'm waiting on the same day! Hope to breaking Vader cupcakes with you then!!

but seriously...I'm with you. I want to call a CM ands scream "JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!" I can't understand how they can't be booking this for August yet??

Also waiting on the same day and itching to get it booked and paid already!

Such great information here, thank you! I am torn. After reading the in person comments with the new show I was planning on springing for the dessert party. Now there is talk of CV being brought back. We also love F! but would be willing to skip that.

I really wish Disney had just stuck with their FW show that could be seen and enjoyed in many different places. With the new show, finding a strategy to get to just the right spot is annoying. That area just doesn't have the capacity for such a show. Disney knew the viewing would be difficult and there would be a large number of disappointed guests and they proceeded anyway.

What is Disney doing? Knowing that DHS may not be able to stand on its own with the attractions, they are trying to attract hoppers to the park at night?

Sorry, rant over.

Such great information here, thank you! I am torn. After reading the in person comments with the new show I was planning on springing for the dessert party. Now there is talk of CV being brought back. We also love F! but would be willing to skip that.

I really wish Disney had just stuck with their FW show that could be seen and enjoyed in many different places. With the new show, finding a strategy to get to just the right spot is annoying. That area just doesn't have the capacity for such a show. Disney knew the viewing would be difficult and there would be a large number of disappointed guests and they proceeded anyway.

What is Disney doing? Knowing that DHS may not be able to stand on its own with the attractions, they are trying to attract hoppers to the park at night?

Sorry, rant over.
What's CV?

Sorry, rant over.

it's especially surprising given that at Disneyland, with Disneyland Forever they made a point of having projections at various spots around the park so that you can view and enjoy the show from many areas to avoid over-congestion right in front of the castle. Maybe that is something they could have done and have different projections elsewhere in the park to disperse the crowds a bit

Sorry, rant over.
I think DHS is standing pretty well on it's own with the attraction it has open. The launch pad had to move outside the park because of construction of the 2 new lands. The fireworks portion has to be smaller because of it. Not sure if you saw my review of the view from the area right in front of GMR, it's not a bad view, you lose the wideness of the show but still can see mostly all the elements. And the area is completely empty. I've seen it from this spot twice and it was only myself and maybe about 10 people

so did kylo ren replace darth mal now in training at DHS? Do they have all the same stuff at the launch pad since it's outside? my son has turned into a mega star wars fan so I hope to take advantage of EVERYTHING

Last edited:
so did kylo ren replace darth mal now in training at DHS? Do they have all the same stuff at the launch pad since it's outside? my son has turned into a mega star wars fan so I hope to take advantage of EVERYTHING
Yes kylo replaced maul. Not sure what you mean about the launch pad. On the first page of this thread you'll see everything dhs has to offer for the sw fan

Do you know if they offer Star Wars face painting options on non star wars weekends?
They still offer Darth Maul. I think that's the only one. I'll double check this weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter