Official Star Wars Half Marathon Thread...Jan 15-18th, 2015!!

In 2012 character lines during the Disneyland 1/2 and Wine & Dine 1/2 were just fine. But if they're too long, I'll pass by without much thought. Aside from Chip and Dale as ewoks, there probably isn't another character photo from Star Wars or Disney that I haven't gotten before at Star Wars Weekends 2009 or the 24 hour party at Disneyland this year.

Just a thought for pics, if it's like Avengers, the Marvel photo ops were the same for the 5k and 1/2. So maybe if the lines aren't long, split it up over the 2 days since you're doing RC? It's hard to know who'll be out but you figure at the very least Vader, Boba, Storm Troopers and Jedis(a guess, but they have costumes for the Academy). They could also have the Fab 5 in costumes since they were for the Star Wars 5k a few years ago.

Just a thought for pics, if it's like Avengers, the Marvel photo ops were the same for the 5k and 1/2. So maybe if the lines aren't long, split it up over the 2 days since you're doing RC? It's hard to know who'll be out but you figure at the very least Vader, Boba, Storm Troopers and Jedis(a guess, but they have costumes for the Academy). They could also have the Fab 5 in costumes since they were for the Star Wars 5k a few years ago.

Its probably a long shot but I hope they have R2MK! He's the only one I missed at Star Wars weekends a few years ago (trying to time that character line was so hard!!) :yay:

This is prob a silly question but if you do the Rebel Challenge, do you get the 10k medal after the 10k or do you get all three medals after you finish the 1/2?

Not a silly question at all. After the 10K you get the 10K medal and show that and your challenge bib to get a wristband. After the half you get your half medal and show that and the wristband to get your challenge medal. The locations for the wristband and challenge medal pickups are shown on the map of the finish area in the event guide.

Not a silly question at all. After the 10K you get the 10K medal and show that and your challenge bib to get a wristband. After the half you get your half medal and show that and the wristband to get your challenge medal. The locations for the wristband and challenge medal pickups are shown on the map of the finish area in the event guide.

Thank you!!!

That's a good idea. I'm fine with skipping character photos if the lines are too long since I'm slow and don't want to risk getting swept. I really only want Jedi Mickey and friends, but realize those could be really long. Besides that, I don't think getting a photo with them during a race can top Darth Goofy having a lightsaber duel with me last May during the 24 hour party when he saw me in my Jedi robes.

Should I wear the Rebel Challenge bib during the 10K then?

Race weekend is now 2 weeks away!!! I've got my final back to back training runs this weekend. May decide for certain on a costume this weekend.

Race weekend is now 2 weeks away!!! I've got my final back to back training runs this weekend. May decide for certain on a costume this weekend.

Ahh! It's coming up too fast! I have been slacking since the Avengers...I hope I can at least maintain my pace from that one. There probably isn't a chance of improving at this point.

12.86 Mile Run Done! I may actually be able to do this rebel challenge without dying.

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I'll be staying at the Candy Cane Inn on S Harbor Blvd. We are coming for the 10K on Saturday. I've seen in the official program that the road is closed for one way traffic on our part of the street. I emailed Candy Cane and they said we should be able to get out but can't get into the hotel lot. That doesn't make sense to me based on the road closure direction, my big fear is we can't get out at all!

Does anyone have any experience in being in a hotel where the roads are partially closed? Will they let you out or barricade you in?

My next step is to talk to the people at the expo about the closures and confirm that we can get out. If that turns out not to be the case, we'll leave before the road closes at 5:30am. Our flight is early which is the root of my problems.

Well, my visions of doing the Rebel Challenge are shattered. I broke my foot. It's too late to defer and I wouldn't have wanted to anyway as my husband may be deployed this time next year and there's just no way to plan for the maybes. But, I'm trying to stay positive and plan on setting myself up in my wheelchair along the 1/2 course with a sign to show my support for everyone else and especially him. He hates running but loves Star Wars so he did all of this training for me so we could run a race together. I'm so proud of him.

I never get the opportunity to be on the sidelines cheering for the runners so I'm going to make the best of a bad situation. I'll be at the corner of Katella and Harbor - y'all better swing by my wheelchair and give me a high five! :thumbsup2

Well, my visions of doing the Rebel Challenge are shattered. I broke my foot. It's too late to defer and I wouldn't have wanted to anyway as my husband may be deployed this time next year and there's just no way to plan for the maybes. But, I'm trying to stay positive and plan on setting myself up in my wheelchair along the 1/2 course with a sign to show my support for everyone else and especially him. He hates running but loves Star Wars so he did all of this training for me so we could run a race together. I'm so proud of him.

I never get the opportunity to be on the sidelines cheering for the runners so I'm going to make the best of a bad situation. I'll be at the corner of Katella and Harbor - y'all better swing by my wheelchair and give me a high five! :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear this! I hope your DH has a great race and I'll tell my runners in my family to keep an eye out for you cheering them on. :hug:

Oh, you have my deepest sympathy! :hug: This happened to my husband a few weeks before the Disneyland races in September (just his big toe, but it was such a pain of a break - two cracks right at the joint) so we know your pain all to well. On the bright side he too had a great time cheering the runners on and getting to relax that weekend instead. Having to do my race solo wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought either - he'll have to take lots of pictures for you! Wishing you a quick full recovery! :wizard:

Well, my visions of doing the Rebel Challenge are shattered. I broke my foot. It's too late to defer and I wouldn't have wanted to anyway as my husband may be deployed this time next year and there's just no way to plan for the maybes. But, I'm trying to stay positive and plan on setting myself up in my wheelchair along the 1/2 course with a sign to show my support for everyone else and especially him. He hates running but loves Star Wars so he did all of this training for me so we could run a race together. I'm so proud of him. I never get the opportunity to be on the sidelines cheering for the runners so I'm going to make the best of a bad situation. I'll be at the corner of Katella and Harbor - y'all better swing by my wheelchair and give me a high five! :thumbsup2

Wow, I'm so sorry!! I hate hearing when fellow runners cannot race, esp due to injury. That is awesome that your staying positive and supporting your husband and cheering others as well! If I see you I'll def give ya a big high five!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter