Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

He knows who he married. :thumbsup2

(At least that's what DW tells me all the time. Seems to work.:confused3)
(Apologies for the thread hijack, all!) Actually, when we got married I had only done like 2 5Ks ever. Didn't do my first runDisney race until we'd been married for about 2 years...so Mr. Ariel484 was blindsided! :teeth:

However, he's the one that got me to go to Disney as an adult, so it's sort of his fault!! :angel:

Sitting outside at Pop. I survived the first day of the field trip. We left home at 1:30am yesterday morning to get here and then closed down HS last night. The best way to contain teenagers is to keep them too tired to get into any trouble! Haha.

Today is performance day at DS and then we are off to Epcot.

I'm glad for the few extra days to acclimate to the weather. Safe travels to everyone!

One day!!!!!! I feel strangely on top of things, except I am praying that my car passes inspection so I can get to Baltimore for my flight...no big deal! ;) My husband isn't a fan of plan b so I am hanging on a wish and a prayer!

Even if it does not, you can still drive to Baltimore to catch your flight. You're given 30 days to fix any problems before it becomes illegal to drive the car without a valid inspection.

With a bib number of 33735 for the 10K ... That would most likely be the last corral correct ???

I'm thinking the 10k bibs will start at 30000 so 33 should be middle of the pack. I tried to find last year's corral numbers but Google isn't helping. Marathon weekend this year had 5000ish (60000-65000ish).

Ugh, I am stressing out hard. I have a ton of work to do before we leave on Thursday and I have a business trip to Tallahassee tomorrow (6-hour drive each way). I've already resigned myself to taking my work laptop along to WDW, so much for racecation! End poor me mode, it's just eating into my excitement. :( At least my costumes are done and I've been packing bit by bit for at least a week now!

Safe travels to those heading out soon!

My DD has been training with the Zombies Run app. She signed us up for a virtual 10K which we completed today. Last training run before the half next weekend for us, and she did a great job mostly running at about 14m/m pace.
You did Abel proud!
I used their 20k race during the Princess Half- it was definitely the coolest run log map I ever made! Can still be found under the twitter hashtag thisprincessrunsforabel

Mostly packed and ready to fly out tomorrow. It was raining this am so didn't want to go out and have wet shoes to pack but it finally let up and I got in about 20 minutes for a last run till the 5k Friday (even had turkeys crossing right in front of me, guess to prepare me for any congestion haha!) My plantar fasciatis foot flared up over the last week & have a few other nagging things as usual, but otherwise I feel ready to defeat the Darkside!

May the Force be with you all!

Flying out on Friday from Tulsa, Oklahoma. However, of course, nothing can go squeaky clean and there are thunderstorms all day in Oklahoma. Crossing my fingers on no flight delays, no missed connections, or no cancelled flights. I am a bit of worrier and have like 5 backup flights. Don't want to miss out on the Darkside challenge that I have been training months for.

Cortosone shot given! It was given in my glute instead of the ankle - which maybe might help me not feel an irritated sciatic as well...(my sciatic is problematic b/c of issues with the ankle I hurt) I don't think there is anything else I can do at this point outside of resting as much as possible.

Here's to hoping it helps me enough to walk the Dark Side Challenge! For the first time ever, I'm tracking the balloon ladies to know if this will be a crazy idea or not.

I feel I should be a walking advertisement for "Kids, Don't Try This At Home"

~~~

Safe travels everyone! We live on Thursday to be at the expo in the afternoon! I'm mostly packed my husband isn't packed at all yet. That's what tomorrow is for!

So, they've added the weather advisory language to the SWDS runDisney website (just like last year):

"WEATHER ADVISORY: There will be warmer than normal temperatures during the Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side race events. Please review the weather advisory in the Digital Event Guide."

So, they've added the weather advisory language to the SWDS runDisney website (just like last year):

"WEATHER ADVISORY: There will be warmer than normal temperatures during the Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side race events. Please review the weather advisory in the Digital Event Guide."

But is it really warmer than normal? I mean...its April...its supposed to be warm!

I wonder if we'll be passing any mist machines in the parks.

Did they have mist machines set up last year? Or increased numbers of water stations?

I have never ran with my own water at a RD event, as there's always been lots of supply on course. But maybe I need to rethink that. I should be off the course by 8:30, though, so I am operating under the assumption that it won't be too bad...

But is it really warmer than normal? I mean...its April...its supposed to be warm!

For Saturday morning, the lows will be about 3° above normal with the highs about 8° above normal
For Sunday morning, the lows and highs will be about 7° above normal

Not too bad in my book, but I think it becomes more problematic once the sun is up.

10k: for comparison, last year it was 72° (vs. 62-64° this year) at the start at 5:30 am.
Half Marathon: for comparison, last year it was 64° at the 5:00 am start (vs. 66-67° this year at the 5:30 am start).

So, it appears the 10k will be better this year, but the half may be slightly worse than last year (plus, the sun will be a factor 30 minutes earlier this year due to the later start). Also, the 5k weather looks to be the best of the three days this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter