Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

Finally was able to book our first day of fastpasses this morning! I still got everything at the times I waned, so that worked out perfectly. Question though - for the Biergarten in Germany, can you just have a beer or do you need to do the whole buffet? Also, if you are just stopping for a drink, do you need reservations or not?

Thanks for the reminder! Off property and I keep forgetting that I have to do each day at the 30 day mark.

Thanks for the reminder! Off property and I keep forgetting that I have to do each day at the 30 day mark.
That must be frustrating. But then to me planning so far out is a weird concept. I still want to know how people know what they will be in the mood to eat six months out.

Hey, If anyone has the link to a travel group still offering bibs with a package, could you forward that on to me for a friend. thanks!

Nope, no reservations needed to buy a beer, which is good when stopping during a race.

View attachment 226899
Oh my gosh, that's awesome! If the course is what we think it is though, I don't think I'll be up for a beer at 9:30am on mile 12 of my first half marathon. But hey, who knows!

That must be frustrating. But then to me planning so far out is a weird concept. I still want to know how people know what they will be in the mood to eat six months out.

I LOVE being able to plan fast passes. It lets me get a game plan for the day and hopefully get most of what we want to do in. It's also my first trip with my own child, so it should make nap planning easier. So much better than the old days where you had to run around the park like a mad person to get fastpasses for the good rides :)

I'm with you no beer at 9:30. Well no beer period, stuff is nasty to me. Now that Viking coffee. That I could do at 9:30!

The beer talk has me wondering...if the course runs through Epcot like we suspect, would we most likely go backstage at some point in World Showcase since Future World will be open at 9:00? This is my first half so I am not sure how that has been done in the past. I'm really hoping it includes a run through Epcot.

The beer talk has me wondering...if the course runs through Epcot like we suspect, would we most likely go backstage at some point in World Showcase since Future World will be open at 9:00? This is my first half so I am not sure how that has been done in the past. I'm really hoping it includes a run through Epcot.
We'll enter from backstage at some point either into World Showcase or into Future World & then we'll run in the park even when guests are in it. They set up cones and also have guest walking pass through areas, it's this whole rope/holding areas process thing that they have down so people can still cross but not cross over runners. Whatever path we take in EPCOT we'll bring us I'm sure to Spaceship Earth then we'll head out backstage to the parking to finish.

We'll enter from backstage at some point either into World Showcase or into Future World & then we'll run in the park even when guests are in it. They set up cones and also have guest walking pass through areas, it's this whole rope/holding areas process thing that they have down so people can still cross but not cross over runners. Whatever path we take in EPCOT we'll bring us I'm sure to Spaceship Earth then we'll head out backstage to the parking to finish.

That's neat! I'm hoping for WS since it is my favorite. I've only done a 5K at WWOS, so I am excited to go through a park. Thanks for the reply!

I'm with you no beer at 9:30. Well no beer period, stuff is nasty to me. Now that Viking coffee. That I could do at 9:30!

I am so with you! I very rarely drink, but if I do, its a Viking coffee. So easy to make at home too!

I am so ready to see the course and event guide! I have a love/hate relationship with the anticipation! haha! :)

Last year ending at ESPN was so anti climatic. I like the thought of running past guests inside EPCOT but if I have my way I hope that I get to the finish before it opens to guests ;) *fingers crossed*

Nope, no reservations needed to buy a beer, which is good when stopping during a race.

View attachment 226899

If the course went by there would the stands be open since WS doesn't open till 11? Because I love the idea of stopping for a beer!

Oh my gosh, that's awesome! If the course is what we think it is though, I don't think I'll be up for a beer at 9:30am on mile 12 of my first half marathon. But hey, who knows!

It's always a good time for a beer, especially grapefruit beer, in my opinion!

Coffee with equal parts Bailey's Irish Cream and Kamora Liqueur. Typically 1 or 1.5 oz of each for 1 cup of coffee.

Thanks! I do coffee with Bailey's and Kahlua a lot, so I guess I've been having a type of Viking Coffee :) Will try with Kamora Liqueur some time.

Hey Gang! I got my Magical Express tickets the other day and my magic band shipped today. woohoo! Unfortunately training has been sporadic and at some points non existent due to life stuff but it was like that for the Light Side and I still managed to get through the half within my expected goal time of around 3 hours. This race is all about the experience, the novelty and the fun of my first race at Disney World. Probably the only thing that worries me a little bit will be the humidity. Only 1 month to go, I can hardly wait.

Someone upthread mentioned Trader Sam's and I really want to check that place out. I have never been there before (The shame). As usual it's a solo trip so we'll see how things go. A lot of people at CBR it looks like. I'm a Port Orleans guy myself, love the French Quarter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter