***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

i hate how they r doing this now. last week they were doing the same. we were getting into pandora at 745 for 8 opening. i was on the ride at 8 already. we showed up at 715 cause we hit first bus i think. but usually we don't show up for rope drop till 745. people are showing up earlier and earlier which just makes it more stressful. you used to show up 745 and be 50 deep now 745 people are already on rides. another example magic kingdom. i said lets get over there by 715 so we showed up for bus at 650. bus gone already! so we didn't get off bus till 745 and mine train was already 60 mins cause again. opened early morning hours early again. it's nuts. its starts with a few people then it builds then you find urself doing the same cause you almost have to. i mean you don't have to, but when u might not have a fast pass for something and you want to get on. you got to wait or suck it up and get here. which i don't mind. but my gosh it's getting earlier and earlier.

it almost doesn't seem fair, but what else you going to do. you can only handle so name people outside the park and such.

It makes sense to me. Even if it opened on time, you'd still be behind all those people who showed up early. If anything it helps you because all those people who were already there are already starting to go through the line and ride by the time you get there rather than all of you getting in line at the same time.

Disney can't help how early people arrive.

Last edited:
You mean the build your own? I believe they still have that at Once Upon a Toy at Disney Springs.

We were there a few weeks ago. They do not have them any more. We asked at the Disney store, and a cast member told us that we could find them at Once Upon a Toy. So we walked there and they are no longer there. I asked the person working at Once Upon a Toy and he said that they no longer sell it and there is no where else in Disney Springs or on Disney property that he is aware of that sells the build your own Mr. Potato Head. We were disappointed because my 2 year old is OBSESSED with Mr. Potato Head.

We were there a few weeks ago. They do not have them any more. We asked at the Disney store, and a cast member told us that we could find them at Once Upon a Toy. So we walked there and they are no longer there. I asked the person working at Once Upon a Toy and he said that they no longer sell it and there is no where else in Disney Springs or on Disney property that he is aware of that sells the build your own Mr. Potato Head. We were disappointed because my 2 year old is OBSESSED with Mr. Potato Head.
That sucks. I remember getting them as a kid.

saw this posted three minutes ago:

36389787_948333992003391_4183581283433054208_n.jpg

Here were my general experiences - I saw on here the confirmation that it was open while having an early dinner at Disney Springs. We decided to skip shopping and The Void and instead took a Lyft over to HS, arriving at 6pm. Went right back to TSL and it was pretty crowded, but you could walk through it. We got in in the long extended queue for SDD and the CM said it would be 3 hours. It took us about 25 minute to make it to the "real" queue, and 80 minutes total. That 80 minutes went pretty fast - there was a constant light drizzle so it was never super hot, the line moved constantly and there was a lot to see. Plus just the general air of happiness and excitement in the queue.

While we did SDD my daughter did TSMM, which she said was a walk-on. We forgoed aliens because it was posted at 80 and we weren't too excited to ride it. Instead we walked around taking pictures, did a photopass at the buzz statue and then did TSMM (posted at 45 but practically a walk-on). We left for a while to get drinks & ride ST then came back to take pictures in the dark.

OK, so I'm kind of a whimp. I only started doing BTM a couple of years ago and now I love it, and I'll do 7 Dwarfs and love it, but won't touch Space, Splash, Everest or RNRRC. SDD was pretty scary for me because it was so high and exposed (just those thin rails, compared to the solidness that is BTM & 7DMT). However, it was also fabulously fun. I would probably do it again. I didn't get that dropping feeling in my stomach, which is a hard line for me. I do get vertigo, but that's more likely to happen on Star Tours than SDD. Hope that helps.

Thank you! That is very helpfully indeed!

I've seen RnR and ToT fastpass show up about every other refresh. I'm interested in how TSL affects FP availability for them with the new tiering.

As of roughly 11:00AM

Slinky Dog Dash 270 minutes (270 according to touring plans)
Alien Swirling Saucers 160 minutes (151 according to touring plans)
Toy Story Mania 80 minutes

Tower of Terror 65 minutes
Rockin Rollercoaster 120 minutes

Flight of Passage 180 minutes
Navi River Journey 75 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter