***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

just got back from DHS. Arrived at around 7pm, had a fp for AS2 (got it yesterday). First thing that struck me as I entered the land is that it is very cute but the only one way in and out is an issue, especially with it being new.The queue for AS2 is nothing special, a lot of it reminds me of the Buzz ride at MK, the line is really hot and this was on a "cooler" evening, the ride itself was a bit of a letdown for me, I felt very little whipping and it was surprisingly bumpy, I'll do it again but not without a fp or if it's only like a 15 min, line.
After I went to Woody's lunchbox and used the mobile app to order. Took about 5 minutes for the order to be ready, found a bench (all the tables were taken) had the Monte cristo sandwich with tomato soup and chocolate hazelnut tart. It was all really good, the tart is definitely better than a pop tart and really filling, I like they give you a small bag to take it with you if you don't finish it.
Stood in line for TSM, the wait time was 55 minutes, ended up being only 30 minutes. Then did SDD wait time listed at 70 min, it was actually 45 min. SDD exceeded my expectations, the seat is nice and big, lots of leg room, I rode it at night and it was really fun, love all the lights, I agree with people saying that it is better than 7DMT. I saw Jessie and Woody meeting by TSM entrance and about 3 green army men scattered around the land
I give TSL a 7 out of 10
AS2 a 5 out of 10
SDD an 8 out of 10 (wish it was a tad longer)
lots and lots of details that will be fun to look at and enjoy once the land dies down in popularity
below are pics from my food
36552684_10217029290350222_9109358277396791296_n.jpg

36552167_10217029289470200_6527861471102107648_o.jpg

36550961_10217029288830184_3483740053589458944_o.jpg

Star Wars fireworks are scheduled at 9pm that night. I guess the 2 exclusive hours will begin after that is over. There is a thread for all the Dissers who bought the package. I'm sure people will be posting updates there and I guess official information will be posted on the webpage that Disney provided in the reservation confirmation email.
Could you tell me what the name of this package is? Sorry...couldn't find the beginning of this conversation but sounds interesting!

Good morning! Here is my report from EMH this morning...

I couldn’t sleep for some reason so I decided to wake up at 5:20 a.m. and go to Toy Story Land! I noticed on the MDE app that the first bus getting to my area at SRR would arrive at 5:37 a.m. I made it to that bus. I was the only one on the bus.

When I got to DHS, it was around 5:55 a.m. No line for security, and I was first in line at the tap locations to enter the park. No one showed up behind me until about 6:10 a.m.

They started letting people into the park at about 6:20 a.m, but they held us at the end of the main street. I was at the front of the pack for this as well.

At 6:30 a.m, the announcement started that DHS was opening. We were “walked” to Toy Story Land at this time. By the time I arrived to SDD, I was about 30 people deep. I would end up getting 2 rides on SDD before 7:00 a.m.

I would then make it over to Alien Swirling Saucers. I would get on the ride within 10 minutes. I would get in line again, but it started having technical difficulties right before I was going to get to board. I would get done with the my 2nd ride at 7:37 a.m. The technical difficulty was that the music wasn’t working.

I got in line for Toy Story Mania right after that at 7:40 a.m. I was on the ride at 7:46 a.m. I was a little delayed, because I filmed Mr. Potato Head for a little bit.

I would then get a picture with a male and female toy soldier, as well as, a photopass location at the Toy Story Land Woody sign!

I am now leaving Toy Story Land and the regular opening of the park day crowd is running right towards me! Overall, a successful spontaneous morning to Toy Story Land!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! :)

I couldn’t sleep for some reason so I decided to wake up at 5:20 a.m. and go to Toy Story Land! I noticed on the MDE app that the first bus getting to my area at SRR would arrive at 5:37 a.m. I made it to that bus. I was the only one on the bus.

When I got to DHS, it was around 5:55 a.m. No line for security, and I was first in line at the tap locations to enter the park. No one showed up behind me until about 6:10 a.m.

They started letting people into the park at about 6:20 a.m, but they held us at the end of the main street. I was at the front of the pack for this as well.

At 6:30 a.m, the announcement started that DHS was opening. We were “walked” to Toy Story Land at this time. By the time I arrived to SDD, I was about 30 people deep. I would end up getting 2 rides on SDD before 7:00 a.m.

I would then make it over to Alien Swirling Saucers. I would get on the ride within 10 minutes. I would get in line again, but it started having technical difficulties right before I was going to get to board. I would get done with the my 2nd ride at 7:37 a.m. The technical difficulty was that the music wasn’t working.

I got in line for Toy Story Mania right after that at 7:40 a.m. I was on the ride at 7:46 a.m. I was a little delayed, because I filmed Mr. Potato Head for a little bit.

I would then get a picture with a male and female toy soldier, as well as, a photopass location at the Toy Story Land Woody sign!

I am now leaving Toy Story Land and the regular opening of the park day crowd is running right towards me! Overall, a successful spontaneous morning to Toy Story Land!

This sounds great! Thanks for your detailed information. I plan on arriving at HS by 6am on Friday and was hoping for multiple rides on SDD prior to actual park opening. You made me hopeful! Happy 4th to you as well!

I thought SDD was great. Much better than 7DMT, really up there with BTMR.

Saucers deserves its old acronym. Not as mpressed at all.

TSMM theming is great. Overall theming is great. But there’s still not tons to do, not on a blazing hot day.

These kinds of crowds always occur when something new opens. I was at the opening of ToT and there was 3-4 hour waits and no one complained. We all just had a good time. Or there was not social media like there is now, so we just didn't hear all the complaining LOL.

Most surreal thing I ever saw (at least to me, anyway) was the looong line of people waiting to get into the pandora gift shop last summer. The CM at the front of the line was letting 1-2 people in at at time - like a bouncer with a velvet rope at the hottest new club. I couldn't believe people were patiently waiting 30-45 min in the heat to enter a GIFT SHOP. I think even Walt would be amazed to see that.:rotfl:

TS looks great and I can't wait to visit later this year. But a toy-themed land without a cool, interactive indoor toy gift shop was a huge miss, imho.

Yep, that's why I'm stalking this thread.
I finally activated my AP on June 16th, but I am not sure if I will be getting critical emails or not. I did get some welcoming emails, but I am not sure about critical announcement emails, so the stalking continues. I plan on being back in late Sept.

Star Wars fireworks are scheduled at 9pm that night. I guess the 2 exclusive hours will begin after that is over. There is a thread for all the Dissers who bought the package. I'm sure people will be posting updates there and I guess official information will be posted on the webpage that Disney provided in the reservation confirmation email.

Thank you? Can you tell me where the tread is? I looked for one the other day and didn’t see one. I was surprised there wasn’t one. I should have known I just missed it.

Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome morning. I guess we will have to get ourselves to the bus stop before 6am. I did not think the busses would be rolling that early. Now if I can just get everyone out of bed before the sun comes up.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter