***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

So it seems a certainty that Slinky Dog will be Tier 1, and I'd imagine very unlikely the Saucers would be Tier 1. That would result in 6 Tier 1 attractions, which seems excessive. I'd imagine they would move Beauty & Beast to Tier 2. It would even seem possible to up the daily allotment to 2 Tier 1's. Then of course there is Star Wars next year likely resulting in some kind of change unless by then they are selling more and more FPs to the point that is really the only way to get them.

I was thinking they might do a toy story tier 1 with TSMM, SLINKY, Saucers and then move the rest to tier 2...maybe like they did with pandora?

So it seems a certainty that Slinky Dog will be Tier 1, and I'd imagine very unlikely the Saucers would be Tier 1. That would result in 6 Tier 1 attractions, which seems excessive. I'd imagine they would move Beauty & Beast to Tier 2. It would even seem possible to up the daily allotment to 2 Tier 1's. Then of course there is Star Wars next year likely resulting in some kind of change unless by then they are selling more and more FPs to the point that is really the only way to get them.
There will definitely be some movement. Like you said I would imagine Slinky is Tier 1 and Saucers Tier 2. Star Wars could result in something like Animal Kingdom or be something completely different.

Thanks for setting this up. Great info! We have a trip coming up in August and are looking forward to checking out Toy Story Land. I'm wondering, if FPs aren't available at our 60 day mark (because it may not be open), what is the best way to get alerted so we can snag them as soon as they are available? Anyone know how this worked with Pandora?

Thanks for setting this up. Great info! We have a trip coming up in August and are looking forward to checking out Toy Story Land. I'm wondering, if FPs aren't available at our 60 day mark (because it may not be open), what is the best way to get alerted so we can snag them as soon as they are available? Anyone know how this worked with Pandora?
Pandora they were released March 24th. Your best bet is to watch here or the Disney parks blog.

These official land threads are awesome. Ryan, you did a great job with the Official Pandora thread and the first page of this toy story land thread is already looking great. Can't wait till we get an official opening date!

Thanks for starting this thread Ryan! Will be following along with the details and strategies people use once it opens (hoping to have a trip there the end of the summer)

I am really interested for how they handle the tiering for the FPs for this land/the rest of DHS

I definitely thing for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge they will move to a "Pandora model" with just the Star Wars rides being tier 1 and the rest tier 2 (possibly also having the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad as tier 1 as well for people that didn't get either Star Wars). So I wonder how much they want to adjust things for only like 18 months until SW:GE opens. Do they really rework things or just slot in Slinky Dog as Tier 1 and the Alien ride (not going to use the abbreviation) as Tier 2 and call it a day?

Thanks for starting this thread, Ryan! I'm really hoping TSL will be open for our trip in June.

We are going in November and staying at BWV. DHS is my DD's favorite park so being able to walk over and enjoy TSL will be a huge plus. Thanks for starting this thread!

Do you all think the Slinky Dog Coaster will become a new go-to attraction, where either rope drop or advanced FastPass (not day of) would be required? I'm trying to plan where we will be every day for an upcoming trip, so I can book dining. I wasn't planning on starting at DHS any of the days or getting my advanced FastPasses there, but worried that I will miss the Slinky Dog without either doing rope drop or 30-60 day FastPass.

Do you all think the Slinky Dog Coaster will become a new go-to attraction, where either rope drop or advanced FastPass (not day of) would be required? I'm trying to plan where we will be every day for an upcoming trip, so I can book dining. I wasn't planning on starting at DHS any of the days or getting my advanced FastPasses there, but worried that I will miss the Slinky Dog without either doing rope drop or 30-60 day FastPass.
I would say a safe bet is 60+ days out for FP for Slinky. 7DMT was tough to get at 60 and near impossible at 30 for a while so I’d say get a FP when your window opens and don’t count on a same day FP popping up (although it does happen for FoP so what do I know).

I would say a safe bet is 60+ days out for FP for Slinky. 7DMT was tough to get at 60 and near impossible at 30 for a while so I’d say get a FP when your window opens and don’t count on a same day FP popping up (although it does happen for FoP so what do I know).
Makes sense to me. We are aren’t quite ready to park hop with our kids so we are planning 1 full day at DHS on our late August trip. If they simply add Slinky to tier 1 and keep everything else as it is, we would definitely grab a FP for that at 60+. I’m hoping if we RD Saucers first we can rush back over to RnR and ToT and take advantage of most of the crowd being focused on TSL. After that we’ll look for same day FPs for TSM which have been plentiful for us in the past (hoping that doesn’t change).

I love Toy Story and understand this land is more for younger kids but I feel like there is no innovation here at all. Slinky Dog is no SDMT. Seems like it will be a longer Barnstromer. Doesn’t feel like they tried to do anything new here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter