Official~ Whine (or Not!) About The Weather Thread!

Well, I guess I never should said anything last night in NHMickey's thread about mud.

It is pouring rain here and it is absolutely miserable but I'll take it over snow any day!.

The rain, of course, is a good thing because the snow is really going down and starting to disappear. However, where I can see patches of earth among the sloppy slushy mess the snow is becoming, I see the beginnings of MUD!!! We will have to rename Long Island - MUDVILLE, NY!!!!

I foresee more days of BOOT WEARING!!!

Whining here too! It's March 4th and I've had it with the cold, the ice and the snow. Yesterdays temperatures: Wind chills 3 below. :(

I've had enough of this winter that won't go away. I figure if I'm lucky it may be May by the time all this ice and snow melts. :( then it will probably be a mud ball for a month.

I need spring and I need it now!

at 5 for work. I too am sick of the snow, wind, ice, sleet, rain, etc. I want to see my yard I never got to finish raking due to the snow starting on October 25th. Went out to the salite dish and sunk up to my hips in my yard.

I WANT SPRING!!!!!! MUD SEASON and ALL.

My road is an ice skating rink.

Bring on the 40 degree days.

Hi crazyforpooh, nice to see you here! :)

Things do sound pretty nasty where you are! Next time you go out to your satellite dish you might want to tie on a safety line! ;) :)

Today's fairly mild out, BUT, we are now under a Freezing Rain Warning!

Freezing rain and snow for tonight and Wednesday, possible accumulation of 15 - 25 centimetres (6 - 10"). Oh joy... oh bliss....:rolleyes: :cool:

I've had to give up whining about the weather as I might lose my voice!!! We are supposed to head down to the world in about 11 days, but our camper is mired in a frozen snowbank!!! I am 51 years old and have lived in Maine all my life...have never seen it this cold for so long!!! DH and I feel like we have single handedly supported the oil companies this year and now have to woory about whether or not we will have to get a second mortgage on the house to pay for gas on the way down!!! No matter, if all I can do is afford to sit and look at the FL weather when I get down there, so be it...went to the Portland Flower Show yesterday and they almost had to forcibly haul me off one of the displays...hey I just wanted to lay in the grass...is that so bad??? Also got a few frowns for fondling the mulch!! Thank you for this thread...now I'm going to sit with my seed catalogs and whimper a bit!!! Nancy:(

Welcome to the Flower & Garden board, Mainecamper! :)

This really has been a brutal winter, hasn't it! Hopefully you'll soon have a warm spell that releases your camper just in time for your trip. :)

Fondling the mulch, eh? LOL...sounds like the flower show was just what you needed! :)

I refuse to whine anymore, I've been cooped-up in this house for months and months. Whining only depresses me. No more depression.

I will now think spring and green. NO More whining. I'm going to start my spring cleaning. I may actually finish it this year.

Originally posted by Mamu
.....................I will now think spring and green. NO More whining. I'm going to start my spring cleaning. I may actually finish it this year.
LOL!!! Yeah, I think my Spring cleaning is backlogged to 1996!

Mainecamper - Hope you get that camper out and head south soon! Have fun in the sun once you get there!

Hmmm....maybe I should change the title of this thread. I'm hoping there will be lots of days when we're thrilled with the weather (there will be....right? ;) ), so...any suggestions? :)

How about...Official Weather Thread ~ The Good, The Bad, and The Downright Dreary!

or

Official Weather Thread ~ Sushine, Lollipops, and Rainbows!

or

Offical Weather Thread ~ It Will Probably Get Dark Tonight!

.....ideas, Buds ?

:) :jester: :)

I am thrilled to say, we are expected to reach a high this weekend of 60 degrees!!:sunny: :sunny:

never thought I'd be glad to have mud season but, it will be better than all this snow.

Maybe I will be able to garden by mid May with the wonderful BLACK FLIES.

52F right now, and it's supposed to be even milder tomorrow!!! :) :bounce: :)

I'm thinking steak on the bbq should be on tomorrow's dinner menu! :)

Black flies, Laura.......yikes!!! Nasty little so and so's..lol

We actually hit a high of 73 yesterday!!!
It was HOT!
I hit the road on my bike with bike shorts and a tank top! Definately felt like a summer day!:sunny::sunny:

Okay, yesterday at 5pm, it was 70F. Today at 5pm, it was 39F.

That was a very brief spring!! :p

I just found this board tonight. I like what I see so far.

I am sitting in my Mickey PJ's becase I have the bug that is going around. I have a temperature of 102, that won't go down. Ibuprofen. I needed to read some nice warm weather thoughts.
It is raining now here in CT but they are predicting SNOW for tomorrow. I guess it is true what they say, March comes in like a lion, So where is the lamb? It's cold here, and last week it was sweater weather. Peggie

Welcome Mickey527! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather, Peggie (very small garden thread pun there :)).

I hope your temperature cools down, and the weather heats up, that's the way it should be! :)

A chilly 25F here this morning, with flurries in the forecast.

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter