Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

So....

5K could be possible if I drive in that morning, drive home, drop off DS at school then drive back over in the afternoon to check into my hotel for the weekend for the 10K & half. Or I could hope DH is around to drop him off and be that gross baby wiped runner in the parks.
Splash Mountain after the race, and then a clean shirt that was in a ziploc bag in your gear check bag and you are no more gross than half the other park goers.

Just booked Pop for 1-7. Wife and I will attempt to sign up for the Two Course Challenge. Pretty excited that SW:GE 'might' be open for us. Eager to see what tomorrow's news will bring.

So....

5K could be possible if I drive in that morning, drive home, drop off DS at school then drive back over in the afternoon to check into my hotel for the weekend for the 10K & half. Or I could hope DH is around to drop him off and be that gross baby wiped runner in the parks.

I think for the 5k you'd be fine to go to the parks after, dependent on heat and humidity. LOL. I need to figure out if I am doing all three or just the challenge.

Just read this on WDW News Today re: Galaxy's Edge: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort will officially open on August 29th, 2019.

Just read this on WDW News Today re: Galaxy's Edge: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort will officially open on August 29th, 2019.
Did not expect that August 29 date, even if just a phase one. Changes the dynamics of our trip for sure as I'm super excited for it.

I wonder if the earlier then expected open of SWGE will cause the race to fill up faster then normal....
That said I'm so glad I decided to stagger my CC charges and book a room back in January before I even signed up....
Will be on at 10AM sharp next Thursday to try for the 5 &10Ks and also have the 19th taken off of work for back up

I wonder if the earlier then expected open of SWGE will cause the race to fill up faster then normal....
That said I'm so glad I decided to stagger my CC charges and book a room back in January before I even signed up....
Will be on at 10AM sharp next Thursday to try for the 5 &10Ks and also have the 19th taken off of work for back up
I wondered the same thing. I'm going try to sign up at work next week and if that fails I'm taking the 19th off. I'm really hoping the 10k course goes through SW:GE. I imagine it won't be 4 miles of highway like it was last year during construction.

Glad I was able to get my room at AoA booked earlier this week in light of the Galaxy’s Edge announcement! Part of me wants to go to Hollywood Studios to check it out and part of me doesn’t because I know it’s going to be completely insane.

I'm really glad that we use a travel provider and don't have to worry about whether we are going to get in to the races or not...it's a huge piece of mind...

I might call and add a day on. I was thinking we might anyways, as my kids have the two days after we get back off for conferences and training, but I've never missed their conferences before. My other idea was hoping over to Universal. But I feel like we're going to need to be at Studios bright and early and have a day to spend there.

Hi! :wave:
I am new and I've been stalking this page for a couple days, but decided to make this my first post! My husband and I are on the fence about doing this as we are just starting our training. We are planning to do the Star Wars half for sure, but this is around our anniversary so I thought this might be a fun introduction. If we do it, this will be our first RunDisney race. We are actually super excited that Galaxy's Edge will be open, but not sure how much time we will have to enjoy it if we do the run. We are planning on the half or the two race challenge if we can get them and get in enough shape by then! ;). I already booked at music resort, just in case (I am sucker for the super cheap value hotels).

I looked through all the pages on this thread and didn't see, but when does the actual route for the half come out or has it already been announced?

Well, my DH doesn't want to move our trip up so we'll definitely be in for marathon weekend not W&D. I'm bummed as W&D sounds really cool. Maybe 2021....

I looked through all the pages on this thread and didn't see, but when does the actual route for the half come out or has it already been announced?
Won’t come out till much closer to November but you can google search past years maps I know with the 10k all 3 years it was run thus far have had vastly different routes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter