***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Oh I hear you and I agree with you. Furthermore I hope they extend it to cover the night I have at Pandora :rotfl:. There was talk on the Pandora thread of whether they would extend it and if they did would or would they not have it nightly. *I'm hoping for nightly but I just don't want to get too much hope YKWIM?*

Yeah the night I'm there I already have EMH in the morning so it's unlikely but I'd be happy with 10pm, I wanted to see the night stuff in Harambe too.

So, my daughter broke her leg (small fracture) and we had surgery today:crutches: She also has low vision. We have our Disney trip scheduled for Sept 17. Let me know any good tips for Rides/attractions to avoid, and any that may be Handicap friendly. Trying to get a Handicapped cabin now, and planning to rent a scooter. (Was directed to Buena Vista or Apple for those). Any tips will be greatly appreciated! Man....I really thought I had the planning JUST PERFECT for this trip :(

So, my daughter broke her leg (small fracture) and we had surgery today:crutches: She also has low vision. We have our Disney trip scheduled for Sept 17. Let me know any good tips for Rides/attractions to avoid, and any that may be Handicap friendly. Trying to get a Handicapped cabin now, and planning to rent a scooter. (Was directed to Buena Vista or Apple for those). Any tips will be greatly appreciated! Man....I really thought I had the planning JUST PERFECT for this trip :(
Aww I don't have much to offer in advice but I'm soooo sorry to hear about your daughter's injury :sad1:

My fear whenever I travel is that I would get sick or injured just before the trip. That's always a stressor for me.

Oh no. I hope she feels better soon.

A few years ago me sister fractured her ankle right before a trip to Universal. It's very different, obviously, but I'd say make sure your hotel is aware of what happened, tell as many CMs as possible; get it out all over your reservation. At least that way they can be aware of the accommodation and you're less likely to deal with troubles there. Also, prepare to take it slow. Transferring out of the scooter, sometimes into a regular chair and then onto and off of a ride is time consuming. No advice on the low vision, but I'd say stuff like Soarin' probably won't be too much from for her. Hope she heals quickly.

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I am the one in our family that makes a yearly trip to emergency room for something I have tried to break or cut off. Needless to say I am extra cautious right now.

Only 7 more weeks till we head down to Orlando, wow how the time is starting to fly by!!!!

oh no!! So sorry to hear about that! I can only say to just take everything slow. You will still have an amazing time! The scooter is a really good idea. One of our friends had to use one and it's so much better than a wheelchair. Sending hugs!

We live right around 40-45mins from the airport.

Our flight to WDW is at 7:10 and we'll be getting up earlier than I had wanted (only by about 20mins or so)for that one as we now have to drop off the car at the Parking Spot and take the quick shuttle to the terminal instead of being dropped off at the terminal by the in-laws like we had originally planned (they are now going to be out of town on the day we leave).

But in October we have a 5:50am flight to Vegas. My mom is going with us and her house is somewhat on the way to the airport (it's a different way than normal but it still works) but we'll be at her house at like 3:45-4am :faint: and then it's a 30-35min drive from her house but it takes 20-25mins to get to her house. Sooooo We'll be getting up at like 2:30am-2:45am.

It's not abnormal for my husband and I to need to wake up early like that for flights but boy it still doesn't make it any easier. We don't have kids yet soooooo yeahhh.

Sounds like our schedule! Up at 2:30 - leave at 3:00 - drop car off at 3:30 - get to airport at 4:00 - flight leaves at 5:50.
We do this every trip. We always say when we get to our room, we will take a nap and it NEVER happens..lol. We are so excited and the adrenaline is pumping so we just keep going! I would like to say we are back in our room early but nope...we stay until the park closes.
This trip will be different on the way home. We leave WDW on a 9:30pm flight - back in chicago by 11:30 - pick up car at midnight - home by 12:30AM - UP FOR WORK AT 4:30!!!!
Couldn't help that one...the flight home was $150 cheaper Per Person to come home that late!
hmmm..save $600 and go to work tired or spend it and go to work tired...LOL!

Sounds like our schedule! Up at 2:30 - leave at 3:00 - drop car off at 3:30 - get to airport at 4:00 - flight leaves at 5:50.
We do this every trip. We always say when we get to our room, we will take a nap and it NEVER happens..lol. We are so excited and the adrenaline is pumping so we just keep going! I would like to say we are back in our room early but nope...we stay until the park closes.
This trip will be different on the way home. We leave WDW on a 9:30pm flight - back in chicago by 11:30 - pick up car at midnight - home by 12:30AM - UP FOR WORK AT 4:30!!!!
Couldn't help that one...the flight home was $150 cheaper Per Person to come home that late!
hmmm..save $600 and go to work tired or spend it and go to work tired...LOL!
I wish I could have taken the 4:30pm flight home (that was the latest nonstop flight) but it was something like $40-$50 more per person. It would(n't-edited) have been a huge deal but we were using points for the one ticket (and then my ticket is companion pass) and didn't want to use up more. BUT our flight leaves at 12:10pm from MCO to get back home and really that doesn't leave for much at all to do. It'll be basically getting up and ready and all packed and then leaving. We'll have to drive to the airport, drop off the rental car and get through security. I hate leaving day when it means I'm leaving vacation and going home :sad:

Last edited:

Oh no! That stinks. Hope she feels better quickly. I will admit I am not the most mature about my plans being thrown off. Wish I had some tips, but I guess from my experience of having someone sick at the park is just to manage your expectations and maybe drop a few things from the plans.

Oh no! That stinks. Hope she feels better quickly. I will admit I am not the most mature about my plans being thrown off. Wish I had some tips, but I guess from my experience of having someone sick at the park is just to manage your expectations and maybe drop a few things from the plans.

Our last trip down in 2015 was with a family friend and his son. Now that my son is older and can ride all of the rides, we were going to hit all the parks fast and hard. Our goal was to complete almost everything! I was so excited! We had a plan of attack, FP's, ADR's, maps....you name it.
When we got to the parks, he neglected to tell us that he had major health issues he was dealing with. He didn't want to upset the trip. But NOT telling us upset the trip. He had blood clots in his legs which made walking very difficult. He had to keep stopping to take breaks. But all we saw was him stopping to take smoke breaks. Needless to say, I was livid. After a few days of this, and me TRYING to stick to our plans, he finally caved in and rented a scooter. At this time we STILL did not know what the issue was. His son finally told us.
Ya know, a little knowledge ahead of time can fix sooo many problems. Of course we would have slowed down! You just have to rearrange things. It's no big deal. But not knowing and seeing a cigarette all the time....GRRR!!!!!

He was upset that I was upset. I told him all he had to do was say something.
We still haven't talked to each other since that trip.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it sucks to have to rearrange things, but all in all the goal is to have a good time the best way you can.
It's going to be magical no matter what! IT'S DISNEY!!!! :earboy2::earsboy::earsgirl::mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

FYI costco has Halloween costumes in. I know. August. Crazy.

Just picked up two belle dresses to add to our dozens of princess dresses.

So who is going to be the first one to post info on MNSSHP??
We aren't going to do costumes but we will be Disney bounding.
Of course, I say that now...lol.

We are hunting for pressed pennies this trip too. I found a complete list online of all available. I started making a list of which ones we would like to collect.
And I had the kids dig thru the coin bank to pull out all the shiny pennies...LOL!

We are doing shirts with matching ears. I just think it's going to be too hot to wear a full costume (going Sept. 7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter