***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Has anyone started to think about their AK touring plans with Pandora being open? I have tried to avoid reading too much because I don't want to have too many surprises spoiled but have started to try and figure out how best to tackle it. I've already planned 2 visits to AK while we are there but not sure about dropping back there in the evening. What is everyone else thinking?

Well hopefully get a fp for na'vi river. Won't be doing flights of passage unless dh wants to go solo. We have a rol dining package for breakfast at tusker but with such young kids I don't know that we'll stay (or come back later) for rol.

Has anyone started to think about their AK touring plans with Pandora being open? I have tried to avoid reading too much because I don't want to have too many surprises spoiled but have started to try and figure out how best to tackle it. I've already planned 2 visits to AK while we are there but not sure about dropping back there in the evening. What is everyone else thinking?
We will only be at AK one day. My plan is to hopefully get FP for river journey and do pandora over in the evening when things are cooling down and everything is lit up. Then hopefully can do stand by for flight of passage and maybe line won't be so long near closing.

We are struggling with this as well. Right now I have a day and 1/2 planned at AK. The 1/2 day we will do Na'vi River and some of the "regular stuff" (shows, animals, etc.). On our full day we have a TH ROL booked, butwill be a later start. That day we will try for Flight of Passage, the safari, EE, and whatever else the rest of the group wants to do.

It will all come down to getting FP for me. I want to get both over 2 planned days but we will see how that goes in 59 days.

Yup, I've planned multiple visits (all partial days as we will be hopping pretty much every day in order to hit all evening entertainment):

Day 3 (Monday)-start with AK which has am EMH. Get there for pre-rope drop; I'll watch reports closer to the day but I'm hoping the crowds will have lightened enough we won't need to get there super early. We will start with FoP standby to see the queue. Then do NRJ standby. Hopefully we can accomplish both those during EMH. We will also FP FoP for 9-10, so will ride it a second time. Then breakfast at Satuli and maybe Windtraders a bit. Then head out to rest of park. Leave in afternoon to go to MK for HEA dessert party.

Day 6 (Thursday)-morning park is DHS. Hop to AK afternoon for TH ROL dining package at 4:30. Watch MDE in case we can get NRJ for 4th FP. Spend afternoon, early evening in AK hitting things we missed on Monday (or just repeats we liked), including nighttime in Pandora, Tree of Life Awakenings, and ROL, weather permitting.

Day 8 (Sat)-start in AK. FP FoP again. We hope to hit all 4 parks that day. Pandora has am EMH again, but we will see how tired we are before we attempt to go, if so we will prob aim just for NRJ. Maybe hit another ride or 2, we will see how much we liked each park and which ones we want to spend more time at.

Day 10 (Mon)-departure day-breakfast at BOMA. FP NRJ. Relax at AK taking in everything and make sure to leave in time for DME (maybe 1-2).

If all goes according to plan (ha!) we will get to do FoP 3x (EMH, FPx2) and NRJ 2x (EMH, FP).

Yes I have. Do I try and FP everything at Pandora and risk lines for everything else? We have only one day planned for this park and split on which direction I go. I know the wife and daughter really wants to do the safari ride. Hopefully the craziness of something new will be a little lighter by the end of September. I need to try and watch the wait times a little closer then decide. The wife and daughter are not early risers but a rope drop for that day might be a wise move for that day.

We will only be at AK one day. My plan is to hopefully get FP for river journey and do pandora over in the evening when things are cooling down and everything is lit up. Then hopefully can do stand by for flight of passage and maybe line won't be so long near closing.

I am thinking the same thing.

Yes I have. Do I try and FP everything at Pandora and risk lines for everything else? We have only one day planned for this park and split on which direction I go. I know the wife and daughter really wants to do the safari ride. Hopefully the craziness of something new will be a little lighter by the end of September. I need to try and watch the wait times a little closer then decide. The wife and daughter are not early risers but a rope drop for that day might be a wise move for that day.
You can only FP one pandora ride. I would recommend a FP for safari.

I've been reading the Official Pandora thread, and while it can be hard to follow if you're just jumping, in the first page has a ton of good stuff...some are spoilers including YouTube videos to watch and a few pictures. I know it's hard to want to know how to plan but yet be surprised too.

I've only got 1 full day at AK set up but split into 2 different days as we have Hoppers (half in the morning one day and half at night another day) but I may take a bit of time from another park (likely DHS) to experience Pandora a bit more. A lot depends on how the park hours end up being. For us we'll be trying for a FP for FoP as the main point but since we're splitting up the days I'm also going to try and get NRJ for another day but of course it just depends on availability.

I feel you though it's been hard to think about it all :faint:

Im thinking i'll FP FOP and RD Navi River. I only have one day as I dont want to do half a MK day.

I've only got 1 full day at AK set up but split into 2 different days as we have Hoppers (half in the morning one day and half at night another day) but I may take a bit of time from another park (likely DHS) to experience Pandora a bit more.

I have been also thinking of making a half day at DHS to spend more time at AK. With a 20 month old son I know we won't be able to see and do everything especially since we will be on his schedule. I am wanting everyone to a good time so I can use it as a talking point for a bounce back vacation next year!!!

It was rainy yesterday so I look at the DIS boards, I love the trip reports. I also watched some videos, my wife thinks I really need professional help. I just need for September to hurry up and get here!!!

I have been also thinking of making a half day at DHS to spend more time at AK. With a 20 month old son I know we won't be able to see and do everything especially since we will be on his schedule. I am wanting everyone to a good time so I can use it as a talking point for a bounce back vacation next year!!!

It was rainy yesterday so I look at the DIS boards, I love the trip reports. I also watched some videos, my wife thinks I really need professional help. I just need for September to hurry up and get here!!!
Yup it's been quite the planning. I started planning our trip back in late summer of 2015!

Here's what I've got so far though with Hoppers I have our days broken up into 2 parks (with the flexibility to go to Hop to more parks in 1 day):
~2 days at MK (2 mornings and 2 evenings)
~1 day Epcot (1 morning and 1 evening)
~1 day DHS (1 morning and 1 evening)
~1 day AK (1 morning and 1 evening)

We also have 3 days of Universal (park-to-park tickets) so I've had to work with Universal's schedule too :crazy2:

I'm still thinking of going to DHS for 1 morning and 1 evening especially because I'm sorta excited for the nighttime show at DHS but we may hop on over to AK for a while either the morning or evening.

Ugh it's been hard to plan. I'm waiting to see if AK hours get extended again beyond 9pm plus ROL isn't running currently on the night I've got planned for AK so I'm hoping they add more days to the schedule.

It was a raining on and off day for us as well yesterday. We uh may have spent a few hours on YouTube lol. My husband even watched some of the podcasts with me and a few minisodes too with me which usually he's not really interested in them.

I love trip reports too!! I've been mentally preparing myself for my own trip report I decided I'm going to do for the September trip. We won't be going back to Disney after September anytime soon (you can see basically how often I've made it to WDW in my signature) unless I can convince my husband to go back for the 50th anniversary..

I hope your trip goes well though!!

Really hoping that AK has some longer park hours when we are there. I've got 2 half days planned so far but nothing at night. I'm hoping to hop over one of our evenings to see Pandora at night. Right now, rope drop looks like a bit of a nightmare---I really hope this will be calmed down by early September but since we'll be there for Labor Day weekend, I am trying to prepare. I've seen reports that suggest that you need to get to AK by 5:30-6:00am!!! I just could never get my crew to buy into that.
All that said, I try not to stress too much about the planning---whatever we don't get to see/experience gets added to the list for the next trip!

Its early, I know, but any word on crowds the first half of September? I am not sure I always believe the crowd calendars. Crowds are kind of like the weather and are unpredictable. Which, I guess, negates my original question. But still curious if there has been any educated speculation.

I would think they would be lighter since school will be back in session. I know there will always be crowds but it that's one of the main reasons I picked the end of September to visit. Right now I'm more worried about a tropical depression or hurricane.

I would think they would be lighter since school will be back in session. I know there will always be crowds but it that's one of the main reasons I picked the end of September to visit. Right now I'm more worried about a tropical depression or hurricane.
ditto! Read this is supposed to be an unusually active year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter