• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offsite that feels like a luxury resort?

From where did you get your quote for WBC? Perhaps try checking another source?

I was looking on Expedia. Just after I posted this I stumbled upon the wonderful world of vacation rentals, which I knew nothing about. I was able to find it for less than half the price I put here.

Glad you found what you were looking for. People define “luxury” differently. As a timeshare owner both with Disney Vacation Club and Wyndham, I wouldn’t consider any of them “luxury” except for the Villas at Grand Floridian. The accommodations are quite nice and comfortable. I actually prefer to stay in a timeshare than hotel for long trips...

I wouldn't consider WBC luxury either. I mostly used that word to convey a feeling. I booked WBC which looks really nice and I'll be happy with it I think. But I certainly would have been willing to pay more for a little extra polishing and foofiness. I was just in that kind of mood though. I also love more down to earth and comfortable resorts.

Another vote for Hilton Bonnet Creek or Waldorf. As cheap as a moderate and sometimes as cheap as a value Disney resort, yet so much nicer. Definitely on par or better with Disney Deluxe. Lazy river and pool area are great, plenty of food choices, regular transportation to the parks, rooms are spacious and very clean, the lobby is beautiful and spotless.

I want a place that feels like a luxury resort, not a generic apartment complex, and that's what I am finding with most of the vacation resorts coming up in my searches.
  • Hilton Grand Vacation Resorts - They all look great but I can't figure out if there are things for kids to do at most of them or what the parking situation is.
We stayed at Hilton Grand Parc Soleil in October. I would not describe it as anywhere near luxury. May depend on your personal standards. It was new and very clean but felt like a standard furnished apartment or dorm. Very plain, flooring was not carpeted.

Hilton Grand Vacation Resorts - They all look great but I can't figure out if there are things for kids to do at most of them or what the parking situation is.

We are HGVC owners and have stayed at both the Parc Soliel and Tuscany. We are a large family of 9 sometimes 10 people (always 4 kids). So we always have a 3BR 3BA unit. Of the two the Tuscany is my favorite. Located right next to the Outlet Mall, lots of activities by the main pool. Parking is horrible though at night. There is a shuttle that will bring you back to your unit from the overflow lot. Not a big deal for us since DH drops everyone off and then parks the car (his downtime I guess!!!)

Parc Soliel as someone mentioned above is the newer of the larger resorts and it has a parking garage. We were always able to get a great spot. For me that’s where the good stopped. The room configuration was a disappointment. I was expecting one of the rooms to have 2 queen beds much like Tuscany and that was not the case. Two rooms with 1 king bed and a room with a queen bed. The furniture was dated and worn out. The living room furniture was uncomfortable, dining room table was too small for a 3 bedroom villa. It was impossible to regulate the temp as well. There was always 1 room that was much hotter than others

Best of luck in your search!!

Such great suggestions. Thank you all!

Because the four seasons is $1000 per night. If I had that kind of money this wouldn’t even be a question.

I guess I should have been more clear that I’m not looking for perfection or to have 5 star service. Although that would be nice, I understand that I can’t afford it. I just wanted it to feel higher end and have some great amenities. Similar to what several people have suggested here.

What room were you trying to book? We had an upgraded room (two queens) for $450 night. Yes more expensive than other locations but not $1,000 per night.

I suggest considering Gaylord Palms. Also you didn’t mention how many in your party and ages. Will a standard room Work?

I think it depends on if you want a condo or a hotel room. We love WBC and like having a full on condo. It's like a Disney deluxe resort. Is it "luxury" - like super fancy? No, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. We love the location, activities, and the fact that the resort is on one compact loop seems like it would work well for you. There are multiple lazy rivers and every time of kid pool or splash pad you could think of. If you want more of a hotel, it sounds like the Hilton Bonnet Creek would work or you could stay at the hotel at WBC. I have not stayed at either, but I have walked through the hotel at WBC and it seems nice. Good luck! Glad you found alternative/cheaper ways to book, definitely don't book it as a regular hotel room through Expedia, etc.

We really like Reunion. It's gated, it has 11 pools(1 has a lazy river), 5 restaurants, 3 golf courses, tennis, bike rentals, an on-site spa and a relaxing atmosphere. A Publix and other essential shops (Rite Aid, liquor store, etc) are just outside the gate.

They have everything from 2-3 bedroom condos to 10 bedroom homes. All master bedrooms have king size beds.

Every accommodation we have ever stayed in has been FAR MORE luxurious than a moderate resort for comparable, if not less, money.

If you use the Old Lake Wilson Rd gate to go to the parks, it will take 10-15 minutes to reach a parking lot. A car is absolutely necessary.

We like Reunion so much that when we go, we visit the parks maybe twice during a week-long stay. The rest of the time we just relax around the resort.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter