• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

OH NO! Had to use my WDW $ for a new car! Help me budget $2000!

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
DH car decided to DIE this week. We had to buy a new car. Thus .... goodbye our original plans of 4 nights at the WL and 4 nights at the YC.

I now have $2000 left. (Unless we have a windfall.)

I would like to strive for something between the 2 nights concierge at the GF eating room service and 8 nights at the All stars eating canned food all day.

Break down the $2000 for me and how you would do Disney.

It's Me, Dh, and sons age 6 and 2.
1st week of Sept (all the discounts are then!)
Driving from MD (14 hours)

How would you use the $2000?

I'dI opt to look into the courtyard by Marriott deal:

Sunday through Wednesday the rate is 20.01 per night plus tax. This is good 8/12-9/30/01. Room must be paid in full at time of booking and is non refundable is what I was told. 1-800-223-9930 was the number to book it. Dreams might be able to get this rate for you too, so I'd try them first. http://www.courtyardorlando.com/ is their website.

Now, this is not staying on property, but with that rate, you can't go wrong. Thats probably about $30 a night with tax,
so that's $240.00. (2000- 240).

Then add 7 day hopper plus - that's about $780 with DC card (Again, Dreams might be able to get them cheaper)

240 + 780 = 804 (2000-804 = 1196)

I'd also bring snacks and water with me, so that I'm not spending too much on that.

Not staying on site might be the way to go this time.

How about a moderate for 89/night?? or rent some points from the DVC board and get a studio for about 8 points/day-approx $80. I just rented some from a great DVC owner, if you need it, I can give you e-mail add. and you can see if they have more to rent out.

This is how we made our trip cheap:
4 round trip non-stop flights from O'hare to Orlando: $644
4 nights (can be more) through Priceline for a hotel at the east gate: $95
5 days for a car rental from Hotwire (which we ALWAYS do) : $100
Grand total minus food and passes (we have PAP's): $839
If we eat a lot in the room (which has fridge) and watch our souvenir spending, this can be a trip for us for about $1200-$1300.
That deal at the Marriott sounds like a good one.
Just keep checking the websites everyday, and you'll eventually find what you need.
Good luck!

Since you are driving, you won't need airfare or to rent a car. What about buying one AP pass with the DC discount to get a discounted room at one of the moderates. Stay 6 nights at $99, tax included. Tickets would be one adult AP, one 5 day park hopper, and one child 5 day park hopper. Your two year old gets in free. With 6 nights at $99 and the tickets I mentioned with the DC discount, it comes to $1343.42. Since your driving, you can bring breakfast items, snacks and water bottles with you to save $. It leaves $656.58 to spend on the drive down, food and souvenirs. Of course, you could try to get an AP discount at the All Stars to save even more.

Honestly I would consider the All Stars......You can go to www.mousesaver.com and get the code to get a room for $49 per night.
Room w/ tax = $55 * 8=$440
Tickets (6 Day Hopper Plus 3 Options) W/ tax = 2 adults $557.56
1 Child $227.60
Food/misc for 8 days $100/ day = $800

This gives you a total of $2,025.16 and that should get you a very nice vacation at the WORLD!!!!!! I did the 6 day tickets because I figure that is enough time for the parks and with an 8 day trip you probally do not want to do a park on arrival or departure day. If you do you can use a plus and do a water park at some point.

My family has done All Star Movies and Music and had a great trip it is not worth the extra money for other hotels when all you do is sleep there. We stayed at Dixie Landing before and that was nice (Honeymoon). But in all honestly I did not see much difference in that or the All Stars especially with kids.

Good Luck and have a great trip....we will be at All Star Sports on 8/19 - 8/26 flying in and staying 6 nights for under $2,000 with character meals and all....

Kevin

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

We actually decided to shorten our stay to 6 nights as this makes it easier anyway. Driving down that will be a total of 8 and DH does not want to take more than that off work.

So - we have a ressie for POR for 6 nights. Buying 5 day hoppers.

We have had a few windfalls (IRS rebate and other $) come in.

So things just may work out after all.

Thank you so much

Alycia

Gee you sound like me..... I am leaving on July 27 for 2 nights at the Renissance World Gate (thru priceline) for 2 nights then onto the Poly Conciege (can't spell that either LOL) for 5 nights, then onto the Wyndham Palace (thru priceline) for 3 more nights. AND my problem is.......I just lost my job on Tues ( they needed someone full time & I can't do it) & my husband got hurt at work, nothing major, but won't be ruturning to a full paycheck till Aug 31st!!! Talk about down on your luck..... I am not canceling the Poly....but I saved money by going priceline for the other hotels..... I am a pass holder so I don't have to buy them ... thank goodness. I was thinking of getting my older 2 kids the annual pass to Disney Quest/Water Parks and my husband had wanted to do the $99 summer golf special for Fl Resident's. I think those are the things I will be cutting out. I had planned on doing some character meals but now they are not on my list.... where there is a will there is a way......................even if it means skipping a meal here & there ... hey maybe I can shed some of my excess weight LOL!!!! Sit down with a pen & paper & start doing your figures....you can save different ways, before you even leave home... cut out that cup of coffee you buy in the morning or that soda in the afternoon...save money in gas by not doing any driving that you do not have to do......like I said, there will be ways to do it...... Good Luck & have a great time.....we only live once.................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter