Oh the places We Go, The People We see

Great pictures of AoA, I love the large sculptures of the sea creatures. That whole area is so cool with all of the Disney details.

Too bad about the Aloha dinner. I'd always wanted to do that dinner, but the more I heard about it changed my mind. I thought it used to be more like a real luau with a whole pig roasted & the food was fixed in the style like a real luau.

I don't care for the coconut bread either. I prefer crusty bread with a soft inside.

You had one heck of a trip, it will be hard for your next trips to measure up to this one!

The cars area is way better than the meet and greets...there's way more cars out there to take pics with. :thumbsup2
Of course you have to put up with people that won't get out of your pic. :furious:
Is that in the gated pool area?:confused3

Thanks for the Aloha review.

We almost went to this two years ago, but I read some reviews and after that decided not to book it.

Your review just sealed it for me. I don't think we would like any of that food either. And it would make me positively bananas to get stuck with a restricted view of the show. Not worth the money to take that risk. I'd rather eat at a really nice restaurant, where I know we like the food....no show needed.

I have read many mixed reviews on it too. I had many people tell me to wait till Claire was oldeer when I asked a few years ago. I do think she enjoyed it more than I did. It wasn't awful, but I think I was so tired and the seating was awful. And not our kind of food.

What a great last day. I love all the photos of the details of AoA! We walked around there quite a bit too, but you got WAY more pics. ;)

We have never been to Spirit of Aloha, so your review was very interesting. I loved all the photos, even if your spot was not a prime one.
I just don't think it would be for us. But great to see it through you! :thumbsup2

Since this trip is coming to a close ..... when is the next one? Is there a PTR coming? :cool1:

AoA is just such a fun resort. I am glad we gave it a try. my only issue was the Little Mermaid rooms were really far out.
I am glad we saw it, but I am in no hurry to rush back and the food wasn't for us.
My next trip right now is probably spring break with my parents and we are staying offsite at their Marriott time share. I know we will do Legoland one day of the trip, possibly Universal one day, but I am not set in stone on that yet. I have basically done no planning. I did make a few ADR's and thats it.

That resort really looks amazing. Graham went to have a look around last year, but was not too impressed. I won't have time to check it out on my upcoming visit, but this will go on the to do list for the future.

What a shame that you did not enjoy the show or the food. I have to admit I have never had the wish to do one of the Disney dinner shows.

Corinna

I don't think Skip would be all that impressed either. He's not fun that way. :rotfl:
Our family really likes the Hoop Dee Doo, we have done it 3 times, but I wanted to try something different for a change.

Love your pictures of AOA! My kids would love to stay there. How neat you got to try out different resorts.

That's too bad about the Aloha show. We took a big family trip when I was in Jr. High and stayed at the Poly. I have great memories of that show. I remembered they got my Grandpa up on stage and it was hilarious. Sounds like it's gone down hill since then. Of course that was 20 years ago.:laughing:

It was fun trying out so many resorts. I was sitting at Claire's dance class last night talking Disney with another mom and she was amazed how we stayed at 3 Disney resorts and took a cruise (and a Residence Inn night) all in one trip. It was really a lot of fun, but it was tiring moving all the time and I just don't sleep much on vacation, so by the end I was exhausted.
I hear others say they have great memories of it as a kid too. I think things must've changed over the years. Of course if I had a family member up on stage, I would laugh and have a good time too.

Great pictures of the arcade and around AOA again. We've never done any of the dinner shows...even when the kids were little...and haven't really had a desrie to do so. After you review, I think we'll stick to not going.

WE like Hoop Dee Doo a lot, but it's corny and we are kind of a corny family. If you heard Skip's jokes, he would fit right in on that stage. :rotfl: I am grateful to be able to try new things and I know we won't like everything, but I am glad I tried it.

Great pictures of AoA, I love the large sculptures of the sea creatures. That whole area is so cool with all of the Disney details.

Too bad about the Aloha dinner. I'd always wanted to do that dinner, but the more I heard about it changed my mind. I thought it used to be more like a real luau with a whole pig roasted & the food was fixed in the style like a real luau.

I don't care for the coconut bread either. I prefer crusty bread with a soft inside.

You had one heck of a trip, it will be hard for your next trips to measure up to this one!

I would've loved a pig roast. Thats my kind of thing more than this stuff with weird sauces. :lmao:
I don't think we'll ever have a trip measure up to this one. It was so different in so many ways and I don't know if I could save long enough to do so. :rotfl:

The cars area is way better than the meet and greets...there's way more cars out there to take pics with. :thumbsup2
Of course you have to put up with people that won't get out of your pic. :furious:
Is that in the gated pool area?:confused3

Yes, people need to get out of my picture taking way! :rotfl2:
I think it is. I can't remember for sure, but I am thinking it was and the pictures look like it's gated.

Great pics of AoA. I snuck over there during the last day of our trip last year. :upsidedow

I've always wondered about the Spirit of Aloha show. I never read too much about it. The food doesn't seem horrible but I wasn't the one with it sitting there in front of me. Melody and I were just discussing going to HDDR... we really had a blast there in 2009. :scratchin

My folks did the Aloha show almost 30 years ago when I was a little bitty kid. Their experience wasn't all that great even way back then! Not sure about the food, but my mom said the show was kind of boring and they had side seats as well. The friend that was with them got drunk off Mai-tais(?) and they had to carry her back to their resort which was the Buena Vista Palace back then. They preferred the Hoop-dee-doo way more after all that!

Great pics of AoA. I snuck over there during the last day of our trip last year. :upsidedow

I've always wondered about the Spirit of Aloha show. I never read too much about it. The food doesn't seem horrible but I wasn't the one with it sitting there in front of me. Melody and I were just discussing going to HDDR... we really had a blast there in 2009. :scratchin

We love Hoop Dee doo. It never gets old for us.

My folks did the Aloha show almost 30 years ago when I was a little bitty kid. Their experience wasn't all that great even way back then! Not sure about the food, but my mom said the show was kind of boring and they had side seats as well. The friend that was with them got drunk off Mai-tais(?) and they had to carry her back to their resort which was the Buena Vista Palace back then. They preferred the Hoop-dee-doo way more after all that!

Oh no, that had to be embarrassing

We quickly arrived at the Magic Kingdom and my Dis friend was doing something else at the moment, so Claire and I decided to get in line for the Princesses because the line was very short ….AND Rapunzel was listed as one of the Princesses in there. That was a plus, as Claire wanted to meet her and at this point we had not found her.

We got in line and were let into the room right away with just a short wait in there. I texted my Dis friend, Joy, and let her know where we were.

It didn’t take too long and we were ready to meet Rapunzel. Now I never said this to Claire, but Rapunzel was NOT pretty at all. I do find her pictures are actually pretty good though, but in person, especially from one side, she looked awful. I texted my friend Janet as we waited and showed her a picture of her from the bad side. We had a good laugh because it seemed like we were getting all the ugly princesses this trip. Now Rapunzel made up for it with personality though. She was great with Claire and by the end of the meet, I liked her a lot.

There was a lot of chatting going on between the 2 of them. Claire really enjoyed her meet with her.

Rapunzel then came over and had to look at my hair. She said she wanted to “paint” her hair the same way.

Next up was Aurora. And she was beautiful!!!

More of Aurora.

And Cinderella was our final Princess.

By this time, Joy and her daughter Maddie had texted and said they were in line for the Princesses too, but they never came in the room while we were there.

I love this picture of Claire!

She just looks so happy to be there.

Darn! Another blink. She was doing that a lot this evening.

That was a bit of luck that there was pretty much no wait for the princesses. I am glad that Claire had such a good time. I have to say though, none of them are what you would call conventionally beautiful.

Corinna

Let me go ahead and comment on the next to the last post before I forget what I wanted to say. It definitely helps when you go to the luau with several people. Because there are some lulls and breaks during the show, having a group to talk and laugh with helps pass that time. I do agree that you would probably have enjoyed it more if you had better seats or had gone earlier in the trip. Like I said before, your food didn't look quite like what we were served. We have been to the luau three times and would do it again.

That was a bit of luck that there was pretty much no wait for the princesses. I am glad that Claire had such a good time. I have to say though, none of them are what you would call conventionally beautiful.

Corinna

We had great luck walking right in. Claire was so happy to see Rapunzel, She wanted to see her and Merida, but we never did make it Merida. I think next trip it will be a must though. I had Janet make Claire a Merida dress for Halloween and we will be taking it next time as well. This think looks like the REAL thing too. Claire was bragging to her friend about it today...how someone made it "special" for her. :)

Let me go ahead and comment on the next to the last post before I forget what I wanted to say. It definitely helps when you go to the luau with several people. Because there are some lulls and breaks during the show, having a group to talk and laugh with helps pass that time. I do agree that you would probably have enjoyed it more if you had better seats or had gone earlier in the trip. Like I said before, your food didn't look quite like what we were served. We have been to the luau three times and would do it again.

I have heard from several people that this does not look opr sound like the same food they had as well. I think a group would've been better too. The family next to use were talking away at times and I was listening in. ;)
Not that I am nosey or anything. :rotfl:

Yay for getting in to see the Princesses so quickly. I think that Rapunzel looks cute. Not BEAUTIFUL but cute.

She looks so much better in the pictures, which is good. When I first saw her as we were waiting, I was like WHAT???? How did she make it through. :rotfl2: Then looking at her a bit better she wasn't as "doggy" as I had first thought. :scratchin

I think Rapunzel's wig would have to be pretty heavy. I know I wouldn't want to wear that thing all day long!

I thought the Merida dress they sell at WDW was so cute, she is my favorite princess.

Ewww, I hope he is better soon.
Nice gran Fiesta pics.
The pizza looked good. I just canceled our adr there because I cannot eat the food right now. :O( It looked good though.
The decorations are so pretty.
Nice photopass pics.
Great pics from the Cars section.
Sorry the luau wasn’t good. I have heard mixed reviews for it but never have done it.
Nice photos with the Princesses.
All caught up again.

I think Rapunzel's wig would have to be pretty heavy. I know I wouldn't want to wear that thing all day long!

I thought the Merida dress they sell at WDW was so cute, she is my favorite princess.

Yes, I bet it is heavy.

Ewww, I hope he is better soon.
Nice gran Fiesta pics.
The pizza looked good. I just canceled our adr there because I cannot eat the food right now. :O( It looked good though.
The decorations are so pretty.
Nice photopass pics.
Great pics from the Cars section.
Sorry the luau wasn’t good. I have heard mixed reviews for it but never have done it.
Nice photos with the Princesses.
All caught up again.

Bummer about canceling VN, but I am sure you have plenty of good meals planned. It won't be too long before you go.

After our Princess meet and greets we headed out to the gift shop and waited for Joy and Maddie. We shopped around while we waited. Claire found more things she wanted, but I told her there was no way it would fit in our suitcases.

After a few minutes Joy and Maddie came out from their Princess meet and it was like we were long lost friends. It was great to finally meet her after talking to her for so many years. The girls hit it off immediately too.

Claire seemed to lose all her shyness she had at the beginning of the trip. She and Maddie started talking like they had known each other forever.

As we were talking, a CM came by and offered to take our picture.

I have to laugh at Claire’s face. She looks scare.

The 2nd one was a little better.

We chatted for a while and the girls tried talking us into buying things for them. Joy was telling Maddie no because they had just arrived and had lots of time to look at things and I was telling Claire no because we already bought so many things and space was limited in our suitcase.
We wandered outside after a bit and chatted a bit more.

It was now getting close to midnight, and if I remember correctly, the park was closing then or at 1, but either way it was late…..
We said our goodbyes and headed off as Claire had one more thing she wanted to get and I said she could …as long as they had them. …..the Mickey Popcorn buckets. Yes the very same one that Abby had turn into some kind of possessed evil spirit over. Claire knew they may not have them and was Ok with that, but we wanted to try.
So we headed off towards Tomorrowland.

We did stop for the final photopass pictures of the trip.

And luckily we found a popcorn bucket!

We then took a seat on some steps and just enjoyed the night and ate some popcorn. I couldn’t believe our time was coming to an end. I really felt this was such a fabulous vacation and now I am a Holiday snob. I can’t imagine seeing the castle without it’s lights in future trips. It’s just so much more magical with them.

Finally we did have to leave though.

We grabbed a bus for AoA and before long we were back. I am pretty sure Claire fell asleep in the way back this time. She fights it, but at times you just gotta give in. The hard thing is waking her. Once she is out, she is really out.
She did get up though and we made our way back in through the lobby. But wait! ….What is it that I see?

They were starting to decorate AoA with the Holiday décor! Woo Hoo! We weren’t going to completely miss it after all.

Claire did a quick pose for me.

At the time, no one knew how AoA would be decorated for the Holidays. I was one of the lucky first few to see it for the first time and as it was going up. Of course I posted a picture on facebook immediately. I really liked the white tree and garland theme they went with.

Joy was staying at Pop and she responded to my facebook post saying that Pop was decorating as well when they got back. Hmmmmm….. I love Pop and have never seen the tree in person, so I might have to go over there tomorrow before we leave.

More coming in.

After a bit, Claire got a bit tired, so we headed back to our room and immediately passed out for the night.

It was another great day with new experiences. We got to meet up with Joy and Maddie, something I had really been looking forward to. Oh the People We See!
And we tried out the Spirit of Aloha, the Agent P missions in the World Showcase and now came back to the Holiday décor going up at our resort! Oh the Places We Go!
Sadly this was our last sleep at Art of Animation.

Wow! I cannot believe this trip is coming to an end! Exactly one year after it started! Your photos of the castle are so great. I am also a holiday snob I think. I love the Halloween decorations and I really love the Christmas decorations. I have to get back in December I think though so I can finish Holidays around the world at Epcot. I hate they don't start it until after Thanksgiving.

Wow, you had a really long and full day. What a bit of luck that the Christmas decorations went up before you left.

Corinna

Love the photos with the Princesses (I have found them all to be a bit unattractive lately :crazy2:).

What a fun evening you had. Thank you for taking us shopping. And great meet up and fun pictures.

:dance3::dance3::dance3: that you got to see the Christmas decorations going up at AOA for the first time ever.

Wow! I cannot believe this trip is coming to an end! Exactly one year after it started! Your photos of the castle are so great. I am also a holiday snob I think. I love the Halloween decorations and I really love the Christmas decorations. I have to get back in December I think though so I can finish Holidays around the world at Epcot. I hate they don't start it until after Thanksgiving.

Not quite a year yet. LOL :rotfl:

The Holiday decor is just great.....both seasons. I wish I could get back and enjoy it.

Wow, you had a really long and full day. What a bit of luck that the Christmas decorations went up before you left.

Corinna

I was so happy to be able to see it before I left.

Love the photos with the Princesses (I have found them all to be a bit unattractive lately :crazy2:).

What a fun evening you had. Thank you for taking us shopping. And great meet up and fun pictures.

:dance3::dance3::dance3: that you got to see the Christmas decorations going up at AOA for the first time ever.

I was super excited to see the decorations going up there that night. The next day I take a ton more pictures before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter