'Ohana for one?

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
I'll be visiting solo in January 2007, and was kind of considering going back to 'Ohana as a single diner. Has anyone done this, and how was it? I don't typically mind being a solo, and in most restaurants it's not a big deal, but with the family atmosphere at 'Ohana I wonder if it would be comfortable? And I assume they would seat me at one of the little "tables for 2" unless there is some other type of seating I haven't seen. Anyone ever done this or seen someone dining solo there?

I've eaten solo at 'Ohana several times. It's no big deal; you get put at a table for two, since there is no such thing as a table for one.

I have had a couple of tables against the windows with excellent views of MK, and the last time I had a table near the kitchen entrance.

I think the service is less attentive to solos - after all, a tip from one person is not going to be as lucrative as a tip from a party of 4 or 6 no matter how generous the solo might be. But there is no discomfort at being solo, nobody looks at you funny, and you still have a great time and a fantastic meal. In fact, the first time I ate there solo, my server even offered to take a picture of me when he saw my camera sitting on the table, since he realized that solo travellers are so seldom in their own vacation photos.

Go, eat, enjoy!

There is no problem eating there solo. I have done it a number of times.

Since you dont order off of a menu - there is very little time where you sit at your table with really nothing to do. The food almost shows up instantly.

I have often asked to be on the side near the windows to view MK and the fireworks because I like to time it so I am there at that time. I have sat at a table for two or a table for four.

I often get seated near the pit where they cook the meat. And you are close to the action to watch the coconut races and what not. And that is always great fun.

As with all Disney dining establishments - no one looks at you funny or points because you are sitting alone.

Go eat where you want to eat - and have a fabulous time!!

DizzKnee

Been there, done that...I spent one night at the Poly before the DCL inaugural 10-day Christmas cruise. Cash and I ate at O'hana (Caused a stir, but I was invisible, as usual). The table was in the middle with a great view of the entertainment. Because of Mickey's Christmas party the place was packed but I didn't feel in the least slighted because of being solo...just ordered and ate and ate, and ate, and ate..... :love:

I have eaten at Ohana's 3 times solo. The first two times I had great servers who were chatty and fun to talk to. The last time the servers were not as chatty and seemed to be overloaded with tables as the meal took forever. The first two times I sat by the window on a 3 top and this last time I sat closer to the fire bit at a two top. I have reservations again for the the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter