'Ohana New or Old menu

Which do you think you like better

• Old menu with Skewers and Noodles

Votes: 129 94.9%
  • New menu with Rice and Shrimp Casserole

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
New menu looks to be unique but I would prefer the old one of course. Could be that labor is the issue running food to tables and such. Remember that Disney has no intention on making value a household word at their joints from here on out. It's the Disney of yesteryear where it was often better to leave on site and head to the pizza hut. Look at prices for rooms.

And look at the bright side, it may be easier to get a ressie now with this bland set of picnic food.

I’m hopeful for the new menu. I’ll miss the skewers as I love Brazilian steakhouses. The flavor profiles don’t make sense to me, but perhaps they will once I try it. I hope they have good gluten free options for the meats!

We really like the atmosphere at the Poly and will definitely go there during our resort hopping, but I am not sure we will eat at 'Ohana. We may eat at Kona. It depends on the reviews and price. Right now it is a no.

I think that if you like the new menu, you were going to the wrong restaurant in the first place.

I'm hoping this "new" menu is a temporary placeholder menu and that we'll have something resembling the older menu as time progresses.

I'm hoping this "new" menu is a temporary placeholder menu and that we'll have something resembling the older menu as time progresses.

Not if they sell out every night with this one...why go back to the more expensive and labor-intensive product? Heck, their next menu stepdown will probably be fried spam, macaroni salad, and 2 scoops of white rice (which, admittedly, would win for authenticty)...

Not if they sell out every night with this one...why go back to the more expensive and labor-intensive product? Heck, their next menu stepdown will probably be fried spam, macaroni salad, and 2 scoops of white rice (which, admittedly, would win for authenticty)...
Piece of chicken, plain rice, and veg OR macaroni salad is already a $24 Kona meal. I've experienced the blandness. They distinguish 'Ohana with the kielbasa and shrimp casserole.

I've only been here once and while I enjoyed it I'm not gonna poopoo the new menu just because it lacks noodles. I'm also sorry I brought poo into this thread. Pooh, thats what I meant.

Reactions: Kae
I've only been here once and while I enjoyed it I'm not gonna poopoo the new menu just because it lacks noodles. I'm also sorry I brought poo into this thread. Pooh, thats what I meant.
Do you remember Potatogate? People went crazy

It's much more than 'just noodles'. The meat all changed to lesser quality cuts as well, not to mention they scrubbed the shrimp from the menu and replaced is with some kind of casserole.

I like fried rice just fine but the menu says EGG fried rice, and i can't stand eggs in any form except within a recipe like a cake... something tells me they are going to use the uneaten eggs from breakfast in this rice...call me cynical.
Looks like more steak and pot stickers for me...and kielbasa?

While it's fair that you don't like eggs, fried rice traditionally should always have eggs. I'd be really upset if it didn't.

Are there pictures to show the new meal? I'm guessing no but maybe that would give a better idea. Personally shrimp casserole doesn't sound enticing to me.

Are there pictures to show the new meal? I'm guessing no but maybe that would give a better idea. Personally shrimp casserole doesn't sound enticing to me.

Yes, check the Ohana res thread...shrimp casserole looks exactly like what you'd think it would look like...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter