Ohana

dotingmom

Earning My Ears
Can someone clue me in to why it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a reservation at O'Hana before 10 p.m.? I'm talking MONTHS from now! It's the only restaurant I cannot get a seating in.

I think it is because it's an all you can eat with seafood, with a nice view in a deluxe resort.

'Ohana is very popular and books very quickly!

Are you looking for late August/early Sept? If so, many people book 180 days in advance because they are hoping that this will be a free dining time.

You can always keep checking to see if something opens up.

I got two reservations for the days and times I wanted- Breakfast and a dinner..
I was up and ready online at exactly 180 days to add my plus 10.

Sorry the dust isnt there for you--keep trying.

It has always proven the hardest for me to get, it's one of those you definetly have to be at 180 days on the dot to get if you want an exact time. I guess that it's all you can eat, but served at your table... has one of the most amazing desserts in all of WDW (as reviewed and publicised all over disney related boards and websites) and it's at one of the nicest resorts right by MK. All that combined makes it pretty popular. You can still get one later than the 180 day mark - as people do cancel, but it is definitely tougher.

How many people are you trying for?? I am not telling you to work the system ( ;) ;) ) and I would never-ever do so myself... ;) BUT, it is very often easier to get reservations for 5-6 people as opposed to 2-4 people. And then, if a few of your party do not show up for whatever reason, they will still seat your party of 4... IF that were by chance to happen.... just sayin'

Good luck, sending pixie dust and good vibes your way, keep trying. You never know what will open up... especially at around 45 days in advance (as this is when some people cancel as it is the final payment due date).

Yep, Ohana is starting to rank right up there with LeCellier with difficulty getting reservations.
Keep trying, people cancel all the time.
We didnt have reservations once, so we tried the walk up thing. We had about an hour wait but we got in.
Good Luck.

I'm doing the Ohana ADR dance right now too. I actually have reservations in mid-May but they are for the only day that we are able to go to see Fantasmic. I keep trying to find reservations for another day or at 5:00 instead of at the later time that we have them. I've been trying for weeks with NO luck.

I booked EXACTLY 180 days out and made it my first ressie and could only get 8:10pm, which is sooo late for my family, but I had to take it. I can't miss out on OHANA! But I agree, I couldn't believe I couldn't get earlier. I know I'm going during the notorious free dining time and people are booking and hoping. I booked bounceback so I don't have to worry about that.

I think the fact that it is simple to get to with the monorail may also make it more popular-We don't really like to travel to get to dinner but this is such a quick hop no one minds

At this point the only way to get in possibly would be if you have access to a computer and you can check alot throughout the day for cancellations (more likely to happen 45 days out or less). When i was revising my schedule last yearly i was on the computer alot and would check a few times an hour most of the time. I had luck early morning, noon, and later in the afternoon. I did get 3 Ohana nice dinner times at 5:00 so there is hope if you try

It is very popular. Like the others said, keep trying. I bet a lot of people got ressies anticipating free dining etc, that might get cancelled.

Can someone clue me in to why it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a reservation at O'Hana before 10 p.m.? I'm talking MONTHS from now! It's the only restaurant I cannot get a seating in.

'Cause it's the best restaurant in WDW :thumbsup2

Been wondering the same thing! 9:45 is the best I could get. Think we are gonna go early and watch wishes from the beach and make the most of it!
Good luck!!

I've been having the same problem. Trying to get a ADR for a party of 4 for the last two months and nothing....

I think it is because it's an all you can eat with seafood, with a nice view in a deluxe resort.

I don't think it has anything to do with seafood as ohana doesn't specialize in any kind of seafood...and the view isn't as good as some other spots like the California Grill. Nothing really to brag about. It's just a popular place.

I book Ohana since theyoffer something for everyone- Grilled shrimp on those skewers were awesome. I wonder if you have to ask for them now?

We had shrimp in January. I think when we were booking that, it was the 90 day time, but I was right on there, online to get it. I'd been trying to get in there for a few years and had been denied!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter