Ohanas and wishes

luvsTink

DIS Veteran
Sorry about this question (I REALLY miss the search option)

I understand they dim the lights and play the music for wishes...is this true? If so, how far ahead of the wishes time should I make my ps in order to increase my chances at a window seat?

Thanks,
Anne

Yes, they do dim the lights and pipe in music some, but the whole restaurant doesn't come to a stop as many tables can't view them and keep on going - our waiter still brought us food and such during that time.

I would make a PS for 1 hour before, and when you check in, request a window seat so you can view them - we did not and were seated in a large area behind the firepit and could not see it.

=)

We arrived early for our PS at Ohana's so I spent a lot of time watching other people get seated. I could read their computer screen and saw that there were notes attached to people's PS requesting window seats. If you want a window seat, I would call Disney dining and add that request.

Don't get yourself too upset if you don't get a window seat. MANY of the tables have very good views of the MK.

We had 9:30 PS and were seated early... Did not even think about WISHES when we called for PS. As we were seated our host said you got the best seat in the house. Then as we sat there I looked out and said oh we can see the Castle...... DH responded what time are fireworks? It was beautiful. We did not hear any of the music though... and I commented how perfect it would be.....

Thanks for the responses. I booked for one hour before Wishes starts and the CM noted a request for window on the ressie. I know it isn't for sure, but it doesn't hurt to ask! We are going to be there during a slow time (mid January) so I am hopeful but not expecting. I just want to taste those wings I keep hearing about !! :cool1:

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter