O'Hana's for our anniversary?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of getting a ps at O'Hana's for our anniversary (not Luau, DH would NOT have fun knowing the price!). Can we go down on the beach to see Wishes and the Water Pageantor is this only for Luau and Poly guests?

You can go down to the beach, although Ohana wouldn't be my first choice for an anniversary dinner. Do you plan on having children with you? That would make a difference. Have fun!

Just beward that there are alot of kids activities that O'Hana's supervises during dinner...if you are thinking no kids and romance, this would definitely not be the place.

Actually, though most folks think we are nuts, we prefer to have DD with us. I guess that's what happens when you've been together for 10 years before the magical pregnancy that you were sure would never occur happens! I am looking for someplace with good food (or at least an interesting style! hehehe), don't mind the kid stuff, where we've never been, with maybe something interesting to do after, not necessarily in the parks. As mentioned, DH would faint at the price of the "Spirit of Aloha", and DD has vegetarian tastes (no flesh, just pre-chewed meats; all pastas, rice, veggies, etc. are OK). Boma is our favorite WDW restaurant (especially DD, go figure!), but I'm looking for something new. We've done Chef Mix, 1900 Park Faire, Spoodles, Boma. Obviously Aloha, Hoop-de-doo, and BBQ are out, even if I could get ressies at this late date. Thinking an MK resort dinner, followed by electric water pageant and wishes (we've seen it in MK and will again), but am open to suggestions. Anything interesting at Epcot? Don't mind park admission, have AP's.

We had dinner at O'hana's during our anniversary trip also. And when I called to make the PS, the CM asked if we were celebrating anything so I told her. She made the note on my PS.

When we got to O'hana's they sat us right in front of the window and we thought how nice that was. In the middle of our dinner, the water pagent came on (I think that's what it was, there were lights and fireworks coming from both the castle and the boats on the water it seemed). And we were totally mesmerized. We were not expecting that at all, the whole restuarant just lit up and hearing the fireworks was pretty amazing too.

Just thought I'd share that w/ you since it's ur anniversary (CONGRATS!) also. We had a wonderful time. And they did have the coconut races and hoola hoop contests, but it was all in fun.

ENJOY!

Hope this helped!:wave2: :wave2:

We are celebrating our 16th Anniversary while at WDW. I have also booked O'hana's for our special dinner, because it is a family oriented atmosphere, not in spite of. We both think celebrating with the kids is important. Romance later....my2cents

First of all congratulations on your anniversary!!!.

Our DD was also born 8 1/2 years ago just before our 10th anniversary (we decided to wait). We celeabrate all occasions as a family (we had 10 years of the two of us and too soon it will be the 2 of us again!). Our DD loves both 'Ohanna and Boma.

We did 'Ohanna Friday night (our last at the world). It was not a special occasion but I would do an anniversay dinner there in a heart beat. Our PS was for 7pm (we were seated at about 6:45).
We finished dinner with about 1 hour until the EWP and 2 hours before wishes.

After our dinner we walked to the beach at the Poly (there were signs about the pool being for guests but not the beach or beach chairs). If anyone had asked I would not have lied about being a Poly guest - but my understanding is that the beaches are available to a WDW "guests" (Pools are not). We sat in three beach chairs near the lake across from the castle.

We enjoyed talking about the highs and lows of the vacation and a few hopes and wishes as we passes the time. Ducks swam by and we saw a beautiful sunset.

We watched both the EWP and wishes from the chairs. It was very magical. Seeing the fireworks reflecting off the water was better than Main Street in my opinion. Since we were lined up with the Castle you could see all the best parts of wishes. (we could not hear the music). We were even able to see Tinkerbell's flight. Getting back to the Wilderness lodge was a little challange but we did it!.

(we had seen the fireworks twice before on this trip and the EWP at least 3 times).

The only thing I could suggest is to bring some insect repallent!
The beach was very quite until about 20 minutes before the fireworks. Many people we watching from a small hill to the right of where we were sitting.

Perhaps I am strange, but I find 'Ohana to be quite romantic. The atmosphere, the Pina Coladas. Ah. Memories. :)

My new DH and I were just at WDW for our honeymoon last week and had dinner at O'Hana on Friday night. A very nice family sent us champagne too! But we loved it! I will say this..Beware the drinks in the pineapple! They were really strong!

I just booked a PS for O'hana for our 10th wedding anniversary on July 4th. Since I want to steer clear of the parks - I thought watching the fireworks from the beach would be nice. When I mentioned my anniversary and the desire to see fireworks when making my PS - they did ask how many years and she made "note of it" on the reservation - not sure why. We will have our 4 year old with us and I thought he would enjoy the water parade too! I was afraid of not getting a window seat, so I made the ressie for 7:00 to be sure to get to the beach with time to spare. If we do get a window table, do you think it would be rude to stretch out dinner in order to see wishes from our table???

We are headed to WDW smack dab on our anniversary as well.. we have a habit of this! Last trip we went on our anniversary also and brought bil, sil, and their son with us. On that trip we had dinner at Coral Reef on our anniversary. Nice dinner, nice fishies... but DH and I love the family atmosphere! Later in the week we ate at GG where they re-hitched us (a surprise -- we had no idea they would do that!)

THis August we are again bringing family with us (bil sil and nephew again, plus their newest addition!) and they will help us "celebrate" our 14th. After some great debate over other places, we intend to book Ohana for our anniversary night, too. We enjoy the family atmosphere places and think this sounded like just the right blend! I personally think time spent in a wonderful setting with people you love, laughing and enjoying everyone's good time and making memories, IS romantic, in its own special way!

We too are celebrating our anniversary at O'Hana. It is our favorite restaurant and our 1st choice for any celebration. We will have our 3 kids with us and they love O'Hana also. The only disappointing part is that we check in on the 18th and our anniversary isn't until the 28t. I don't know if my DH can wait the 10 days to eat there. We may have to make 2 trips during our stay!

I didn't mention it was our anniversary when I made the PS. I wonder if I should call back and tell them.:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter