OK, I'll say it... we are too sensitive

Wow never knew a forum about Disney could be so political. Btw to the person who mentioned old school Italians being racist, don't want to burst your bubble, but it is NOT limited to Eyetalians. First time I ever heard and blatantly saw the N word carved on a sidewalk in the Bronx, NY was inan Irish neighborhood. Jewish people in my neighborhood had their own Yiddish word for blacks. Hispanics worried about their kids being too dark and on and on...

Wow never knew a forum about Disney could be so political. Btw to the person who mentioned old school Italians being racist, don't want to burst your bubble, but it is NOT limited to Eyetalians. First time I ever heard and blatantly saw the N word carved on a sidewalk in the Bronx, NY was inan Irish neighborhood. Jewish people in my neighborhood had their own Yiddish word for blacks. Hispanics worried about their kids being too dark and on and on...

What part of the Bronx did you grow up in? I grew up in the ever expanding at the time South Bronx and didn't learn my neighborhood was actually called Tremont until a few years ago, LOL. We moved on to Sedgwick Houses, and finally North Parkchester
Went to PS 59 and 46, JHS 45 next to the White Castle on Fordham, and attended Bronx HS of Science.

Jewish people in my neighborhood had their own Yiddish word for blacks.
Just fyi, that word is literally the German/Yiddish translation of the word "black". Unless you think Germany's Black Forest should be renamed "Absence of All Color Forest"?

Just fyi, that word is literally the German/Yiddish translation of the word "black". Unless you think Germany's Black Forest should be renamed "Absence of All Color Forest"?
It's all in the intonation as to whether it's considered derogatory or not at least in the Germanic speaking countries I lived in and visited.
Still, cursing in public is considered truly low class in places like DE and CH so you won't hear it much. Best curse I ever heard in Zurich was when a dear friend referred to someone as a phlegm swallower in Swiss-German. And she said it under her breath:lmao:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter