OK, please need your help - "temporary single" for 4 days at WDW!!!

4 Days/3 Nights temporary single at WDW

• Pop Century - it will be fun!!!

• OKW - roomy

• Boardwalk Inn/Villas

• Beach Club/Villas

• Swan/Dolphin

• Wilderness Lodge/Villas

• CSR

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Need your help choosing where to stay at WDW as a "temporary single" (driving ahead of family who is flying) disneynut adult for 4 days/3 nights

I love the central feeling of Epcot resorts but also thinking this might be the occassion to stay somewhere like Pop Century or CSR (which I would not normally stay at.....)

I will have the minivan.....

The poll will reflect the choices I am interested in

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Thanks
Jason

Jason -

I know I see you on the DVC board regularly, so here's my suggestion: stay where you haven't before with DVC. I am doing VWL for my solo trip and than BCV for my quick August trip. I will than have done all 4 and will know my preferences for future family trips based on group dynamics. (I am not saying solo to loud as I always have extra family chime in on my regular trips, I think my only saving grce is no else is willing to shell out $200 for Backstage Magic)!

Enjoy
Sandy

Thanks InstImpres......I was thinking of "stay, where the family would not want to stay but I would have always wanted to stay"

I am leaning to Boardwalk or funny enough pay under a rate code for something wacky like Pop Century or middle of the road like CSR

Ah...to have such choices in all of life's issues

Bumping for me please

Thanks
Jason

CSR! But I’m biased since it’s my favorite of all the Disney resorts. I think it’s especially good when you’re alone because you don’t feel like you’re the only solo person around since other solo adults are there for conventions. Pop Century would be fun because it’ll be new, but if I just had a few days alone I’d rather have a more peaceful place. And I feel a little lonely when I stay in a deluxe by myself since based on the size, expense, and romantic atmosphere I feel that they are better shared.

I'd recommend the Wilderness Lodge if you want to be close to the MK. Caribbean Beach or the Boardwalk if you want to be close to EPCOT.

Since it is just you, what about jumping around a bit? Pick two or three. And, if it was me, I would go where I wouldn't normally with family, but where I would like to go (like Pop Century - hey, it's brand new). How about 2 nights at Pop Century, and 2 at CSR? Just my thoughts.

I voted for Pop Century--simply because it's brand new!!

AND I had actually thought about taking a quick solo trip some time next year and seriously considered Pop Century.

I know from your posts, you do not wish to hop around from resort to resort! My first choice would be The Boardwalk you can stroll over the bridge and do the countries at night. Also the ESPN club, If you are into sports. One of my brothers comes with me when I am at the Boardwalk.And he loves to hang out down there at night. Says the food is great as well. My second suggestion would be the Swan. I love the look of those Heavenly beds. And since no kids will be with you maybe you will get to sleep in! Good luck.

If going solo, I'd want to stay at a place with a decent amount of stuff to do. Personally, I think Pop Century is really ugly & I don't think it would be too much fun! I'd want to go somewhere with activites within walking distance, like the epcot area, or someplace where there are fun things at the resort, like AKL.

I voted for the swan because of the recent room renovations. Also because maybe it's not the greatest place for a family (depends on who you talk to! :) ), but has lots of things to do. There will probably be other solo adults to talk to in the evenings, plus it's convenient to Epcot, MGM and the boardwalk. The price is better than the Disney resorts nearby.

CSR also sounds nice. It's just very spread out, which makes me cross it off my list of places to stay by myself. But that's from a woman's point of view! :)

I'm so jealous! I love going to WDW by myself, but my 2 year old just wouldn't understand. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter