Ok, So I'm Officially Confused

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
I booked this weekend with free dining . . .and I'm confused about the breakfast part . . .if we use 1TS for breakfast, what is included besides juice and our entree? Also, if we just have breakfast at Main Street Bakery or Food & Fun Center at the Contemporary as a CS meal, what do we get, like 1 bagel w/cc or cereal? Or can you get more than that? I'm sooooo very confused . . . :crazy:

--One table-service meal (including appetizer, entree, dessert, or full buffet, non-alcoholic beverage, and gratuity/service charge; dessert not available at breakfast)

--One counter service meal (including entree/combo meal, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage; dessert not available at breakfast)

If it were me, I wouldn't use my CS credits for breakfast unless I only planned on eating twice a day: a large breakfast, no lunch, and a big dinner.

You could also use you snack credits at the Main Street Bakery or the Contemporary. Get a resort mug and use the snack credit for breakfast items. There is a lot more available for snacks. Here's a great thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1109080

If you plan on eating 3 times a day, I would pay OOP for breakfast unless it was a TS Character breakfast.

So basically let me give you an example if you want to use a TS credit for breakfast you would go to Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Ohanas or Boma for breakast or maybe even WCC.. You would be able to get a buffett and a drink or if you didnt go to a buffett you would get a normal breakfast plate and a drink. Most ppl pay out of pocket for breakfast because you can get more using TS on lunch and dinner but we this yr we will actually be using one of our for Boma breakfast and then pay OOP for lunch that day.

what we are doing for our free dining is:

Breakfast- using a snack credit (can now use it for bagel/crossiant, etc) and getting a refillable mug when we arrive.

Lunch- counter service comes with drink, dessert, and whatever your order.

Dinner- table service meal. comes with drink, appy, entree, & dessert.

Then, you will have to roll me out of the parks because i am going to be stuffed like a cannoli!

Wish Upon A Star said:
I booked this weekend with free dining . . .and I'm confused about the breakfast part . . .if we use 1TS for breakfast, what is included besides juice and our entree? Also, if we just have breakfast at Main Street Bakery or Food & Fun Center at the Contemporary as a CS meal, what do we get, like 1 bagel w/cc or cereal? Or can you get more than that? I'm sooooo very confused . . . :crazy:

It really depends on what you and your family typically eat for breakfast. I'm happy with a cup of coffee and slice of toast or a pastry. My girls like milk or hot cocoa and the same thing. At the pop food court we could get a pancake platter which included 4 pancakes, 3 slices of bacon and a sausage patty plus a large bottle of milk for 1 cs credit. That fed my girls and I breakfast when I used my refillable mug for coffee. My husband prefers a full breakfast (sandwich or french toast w/ bacon or eggs and bacon, etc. ) so he'd get a breakfast sandwich or platter and a powerade or bottle of water to take to the parks. We'd share at lunch too. The serviings are really very large. For example, our typical lunch at McDs at home would be (1 quarter pounder extra value meal, 1 cheeseburger extra value meal, 1 double cheeseburger extra value meal and 1 6 piece nugget meal.) 4 servings of food. At the MK, 2 Pecos Bills bacon double cheeseburgers with fries, 2 large soft drinks and 2 desserts was way more than the 4 of us could finish.

Play it by ear- you can either use your credits for what you want to eat starting at your arrival and then if you run out, pay out of pocket OR you can strategize, save, bank, share and allot and spend precious vacation time figuring out if you should pay OOP for that pancake platter or not. You are there during free dining. I'd suggest booking your table service meals and then just going with the flow for the counter service stuff. If you are satisfied with a choc croissant but your teen wants the adult breakfast platter then use a snack credit and a cs credit. If everyone is happy with a donut and milk, then go with a box of donuts for a snack credit and enjoy a big CS lunch.

It will be DH, me, and DD3. We have a TS dinner booked each evening of our trip (except departure day), and will use 2 CS credits for each lunch (DD3 is somewhat of a grazer- she used to eat a lot, but now only picks). We will end up having 10 CS credits available from her plan that we will use for lunch on our departure day, and maybe 4 days worth of CS breakfast. We also have DDE to discount the one extra TS meal we booked, and any CS at our resort, AS Mo, that we have no more credits for. If we didn't have DDE, we'd just pay out OOP for a bagel or something, and use resort mugs, as I think a big bkfast will be too much with snack, big dinner, and big lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter