Ok So Waht Is The Deal With Cam-corders & Cameras?

L

LISALISA36

OK ,CAN SOMEONE GET ME UP TO SPEED ON FLYING WITH YOUR CAM CORDER & CAMERA?
I HAVE ONLY FLOWN TWICE AND IT WAS BEFORE 9/11.
CAN THE CAMERA HAVE FILM IN IT? I'M ASSUMING WE CARRY IT ON. WOULDNT WANT THEM TO GET BROKEN.
WHAT INFO DO I NEED TO KNOW?
WE ARE FLYING DELTA...
THANK YOU,
LISA

ONLY 60 MORE DAYS.....I MUST PREPARE!!!

good question!

Digital cameras/camcorders (no film) - think of these as a mini-computer - there is no film to damage - they will be fine going through the carry-on x-ray. I would not recommend checking high ticket items...

cameras with film - carry on - the current x-ray for carry-on luggage will not damage film. The new xray equipment for checked baggage may damage film, and you don't want to pack in suitcase in a lead bag, or most likely your suitcase will be searched.

dh and I went to disney in april and at the airport we had actually trrun on our video camera to she the security that it was a real camera and that nothing was hidden inside it. One of my friends sons was forced to take a picture with camera to prove the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter