Okay, so we liked Sci Fi... Go figure

Havent tried it in case DD is scared of the movie clips.

Ive seen scarier things on Spongebob. :teeth:

My son is autistic. I thought he'd be bored with the black and white "old" movies. He was MESMURIZED!!! I have NEVER seen him so glued to any screen! He sat there the whole meal staring at the old monster movies in awe. He loved it. Hes demanding we go back this trip.

The food was REALLY good. The ambiance was great. servers OK. On the free DDP, prices are irrelevant.
Overall I give it a 9.5 out of 10, with the .5 missing only because they wont give glowcubes.

I know a lot of people hate this restaurant but I really loved it when I went back in 2000. I think I just had a burger. I think if you are a Sci-Fi fan, it is a must do.

After reading these posts about Sci-Fi, I'm putting it on my must do list; I'm craving a Reuben with a side order of onion rings and a milkshake, of course! Thanks for helping me plan my trip in late Sep.

My mom and I ate here for the first time in May and liked it too. I got the BLT soup as an appetizer and absolutely loved it - the sandwhiches we got for entrees though were mediocre - I had a BBQ grilled chicken sandwich which was was very bland and dry - my mom had the turkey sandwich which was a bit better...too full for dessert :crazy: since it was our first time there, we were so amused by the atmosphere and got a real kick out of it - I would definetly go back again - hopefully next time though we won't have to wait as long to be seated (we had ADR's for 1:00 - but didn't get seated till about 1:30 - 1:40).

Glad you liked Sci-fi. We ate there August of 04 and had a great meal. We have a adr for this August and definitely looking forward to it. I want to try the milkshakes, which I heard are very good.

We ate at Sci-Fi during free dining last year at lunch and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We had onion rings and spinach dip for appetizers. I had some sort of pasta with shrimp and vegtables (so yummy) and dh had some sort of steak sandwich. Children had chicken and ff and we all had milkshakes for dessert. All of our food was excellent and we could not finish nearly all of it. I was nervous with all the bad reviews but loved it. We are going to disney again this Sept. but will be trying some different places we missed last time. If your trying to decide I would say go for it!

DisneyNutMary said:
I am pretty excited to try it, because my DH is a Sci-Fi geek, and the kids and I like the idea of sitting in cars, enjoying the B-movie clips, pretending we are at a Drive In :teeth: With all the bad reviews Sci-Fi gets, I was worried. I feel better now.

I think you'll really enjoy this retaurant if you're DH likes sci-fi. We go several times a year & had always included it on our vacations to WDW. My whole family enjoys watching & laughing at the old B-movie clips. They're hysterical! And, we never seem to tire of them. :confused3

We enjoy the food very much. I don't remember what everyone else usually gets, but I almost always get the Reuben & love it! We are typically seated in a car, but have sat at a table in the back once & enjoyed that, also, because it was different & because we could all see each other & (quietly :ssst: ) talk to each other about the clips being shown.

It's very nostalgic, if you grew up going to drive-in movies. ::yes::

We have this booked for December. I've read all the bad reviews but booked it anyway- it just sounds like a place my family would love. I'm sure we'll enjoy it. :banana:

I rather like it...I always do lunch instead of dinner, though. And I have gotten some looks from other patrons, like "does the fat girl REALLY need a cheeseburger, fries, and milkshake?" But it was good, and the server happily gives me barbecue sauce for my fries, instead of ketchup! :woohoo:

siestakeys04 said:
Do they sell adult burgers? I did not see them on the menu? we will be there monday.

I was sure that my DH eats a ("delicious", he says) burger whenever we go to Sci-Fi, so I was surprised when I checked out the dinner menu on-line & didn't see it listed. The 'All American Burger' is listed, however, on the Lunch menu. We sometimes go very late in the day, so either that menu must be available during late afternoon hours, or, they allow you to order the burger, whether you see it on the menu, or not.

Thanks HoneyPots for the review. We have ADR's for 50's Primetime but I'm gonna change it to Sci-Fi. It'll only be me and DH and I don't really feel up to playing with the waiter/waitress at Primetime. We'll go next time with the kiddos.

GrandFloridian4 said:
I was sure that my DH eats a ("delicious", he says) burger whenever we go to Sci-Fi, so I was surprised when I checked out the dinner menu on-line & didn't see it listed. The 'All American Burger' is listed, however, on the Lunch menu. We sometimes go very late in the day, so either that menu must be available during late afternoon hours, or, they allow you to order the burger, whether you see it on the menu, or not.

We are always able to get the burger at dinner. You just have to ask.

I may have to rethink this one. I didn't even give it a thought because of all the negative reviews and the fact that I thought DD3 and DS6 might get a little freaked out over the movie clips. I'll have to peek in this vacation and see if it one we need to add next time.

How do you share appetizers when everyone is facing forward? Are these cars like benches with tables in front of them? I've never been there so just wondering what to expect. We are a party of 2 A and 2 C (age 3 and 5) if that matters.

Thanks

Thanks for writing the review. We were really surprised how good our lunch was last April. We avoided this place for years because of the bad reviews. Then a friend said, "How can you not go there? It's our kids favorite!" So glad she said that -- we tried it and the food was good and the atmosphere great! It was a really fun thing to try -- and nice and dark and cool in the heat of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter