OKW Studio kitchenette

And I thought Deluxe Studios were supposed to have them, but obviously that’s not the case.
Every studio we have stayed in (which is at all but OKW, CCV, and BRV) has a mini fridge with at least a small freezer compartment. The exception being the resort studio at VGF.

I’m already begging for first floor so I can’t ask for anything else. I’ll manage. The pharmacist said as long as the meds aren’t kept over 86 degrees they should be fine for the trip home even if I can’t freeze the gel pack.
That’s good! I’m hoping you’ll have a mini fridge with freezer and not have to worry about it. If not, I’ve read suggestions to keep a ziplock bag of ice in a beverage cooler to make it colder.

Every studio we have stayed in (which is at all but OKW, CCV, and BRV) has a mini fridge with at least a small freezer compartment. The exception being the resort studio at VGF.
The newly refurbed studios at Boardwalk do not have a fridge with a freezer section. But, the fridge was extremely cold.

We are three plus months into our new home and DH calls my kitchen my *she shed*...okay, so it is pretty awesome but I really don't like to cook so I don't think that counts LOL! Our attic is my 900 sf of awesomeness where I can arrange seasonal decor, artwork, furniture etc that is not currently being used. Only thing is the darn electrician did NOT put one single outlet in the attic though he did install a ceiling fan! :crazy:
LOL. I just put six outlets in my attic this morning. Was cold up there.

The pharmacist said as long as the meds aren’t kept over 86 degrees they should be fine for the trip home even if I can’t freeze the gel pack.
Have you looked into getting a FRIO? It comes in various sizes for pens, prefilled syringes, etc. It will maintain the temp the med is when you insert it into the FRIO, so assuming the med has been kept cold/ proper temp before using the FRIO it will stay good in the FRIO. Works great for travel days.

The advantages are all on the management side - beverage coolers are less expensive (lower cost to buy and replace, meaning lower dues for owners) and are less likely to malfunction (lower maintenance costs, so lower dues for owners). If we stayed in studios regularly, I’d email MS and let them know that I’m willing to pay higher dues to support mini-fridges in the studios.
Probably lower electricity cost as well (no freezer and if cooler isn't as cold as refrigerator).

The newly refurbed studios at Boardwalk do not have a fridge with a freezer section. But, the fridge was extremely cold.
Yes it actually froze our gel packs and a couple water bottles

I'm in a studio now, and the mini fridge does have a freezer section. That being said, I did write to Guest Relations several years ago when they started using freezerless fridges. I requested a freezer section because I bring along most of my own food for religious requirements (specifically, kosher food). I was very lucky with this until 2 years ago, when I did not get the requests. For example, at Wilderness Lodge--where I was told they have maybe one minifridge left with a freezer section!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter