Okw...wow!

happyhopper

Earning My Ears
Just back from a weeks stay at OKW on rented points. Now...My Wife is killing to me to join DVC. Which I am very much considering:goodvibes

What a great place. We stayed in 2 BR Lock off, 1113 /1114. The rooms were completely clean, carpets fresh and everything worked except one of our toilets had a malfunction mid stay.

I'll say this...OKW does show MINOR...I STRESS MINOR, age to it. What do I mean by that...A few places needed touch up painting, paint gathering around window ledges, some door knobs a bit worn, although clean the carpet will soon need to be replaced, etc...

The location of building 11 in my opinion was fantastic. We were about a 2 minute walk to the pool area, store and check in. Our rooms had Okay views because we were on an end unit which allowed us to have a golf course view. However if you were in any other room in that building the view was no very impressive unless you enjoy looking at trees and shrubs. I did notice that building 12-14 had a little bit better views without as much vegetation.

The staff was very friendly except for one of the life guards who did nothing but shout the entire time??? :confused3 Conch Flats a bit on the pricey side but so are most all things at Disney. But my only comment on that is, yes you pay a bit more for things at Disney but what a trade off to experience all the things Disney has to offer.:)

If any of you are going to stay at OKW for the first time be prepared to be quite surprised at the beauty of this resort. We totally enjoyed it!

We cannot wait to go back and my wife wants to stay at OKW again, no exceptions!:love:

OKW has the largest rooms because it is the oldest DVC. However the trade off is the grown up vegetation that gives it a shaded and relax feel. SSR doesn't have a full grown tree anywhere but it is new.

Glad you liked OKW!

My first trip there was a stay at SSR. I loved it!!! My inlaws are DVC members and we had a blast!! Our view was great because it was a view of Downtown Disney and we had a balcony too!! LOL!! Me and my Fiancee would sit out there at night and sip some wine while watching the boats and people go by at night!! I'd give anything for that view again!!!;)

This trip we're going to be staying at OKW and it sounds wonderful!! Can't wait to go back home!!!

If any of you are going to stay at OKW for the first time be prepared to be quite surprised at the beauty of this resort.

That would be us. :banana: Our first OKW stay is in october. Our home resort is SSR and we just love it there but wanted to try something new this time. Your positive report has made me even more excited. Thanks!

....and you stumbled onto our favorite building...11 is great, isn't it!!
John

I could not agree more. OKW is really a very beautiful resort. Just two weeks ago, we stayed at the Beach Club Villas and came away wondering what all the fuss was about. OKW, in our opinion, was much nicer. Larger rooms, lush landscaping, hidden Mickey's in the hand railings....what more could you ask for? :thumbsup2

DH and I stayed there in Jan. for the first time during an impromptu trip for a
few days and loved it! We're taking our grown kids back in Dec. and can't
wait. They haven't experienced anything "new" at WDW in years and we're
all so excited. It's GORGEOUS. One of the few resorts that actually makes
you feel like you're in FLORIDA! :thumbsup2

I like to mix it up a bit, but OKW is DH's favorite spot and in alot of ways it is mine too. We have stayed at all but SSR. It truly is beautiful as you mentioned.

Everyone has their favorites and OKW has def. became one of mine. I also love the BWV because of the close proximity to MGM and Epcot, but I LOVE OKW because it is soooooo relaxing!!!

Just wanted to post--I love this thread, and it gives me chills today in particular because you're all raving about my new home...

Disney waived ROFR today, so very soon we will close and a little teeny piece of OKW will be ours.

Our first trip home will be May 2008.

Thanks for all of the great posts.

Chris :love:

Disney waived ROFR today, so very soon we will close and a little teeny piece of OKW will be ours.

Our first trip home will be May 2008.
Congrats Chris ! Have a great stay at OKW in 2008.

I love this resort as well.....just feels so right !

We just passed ROFR last week and are now in the closing process at OKW. We are so excited and cannot wait for our first trip home in May 2008(maybe we will see you there ChrisMouse).:cool1:

I could not agree more. OKW is really a very beautiful resort. Just two weeks ago, we stayed at the Beach Club Villas and came away wondering what all the fuss was about. OKW, in our opinion, was much nicer. Larger rooms, lush landscaping, hidden Mickey's in the hand railings....what more could you ask for? :thumbsup2

I agree 100%. :goodvibes We feel the same way. BCV did not impress us as much as OKW. We love OKW:love: If we ever add on, it will be at OKW!

epfootballcutie04 here, under my mom's name...

OKW is awesome, ain't it?

However, i loved SSR even more! Thats where my family is DVC members at. I loved the feel of both. My parents purchased my friend and i (both 20 years old at the time) our own 2 BR suite and we LOVVVVVED it!

OKW rooms did seem a wee bit bigger, but the beds were ROCK hard and squeaked everytime we moved. that was the only thing i really didnt like about it.

SSR beds... heavenly. i havent slept so good in my entire life.

you should totally check out SSR.

the themeing and room style award goes to OKW... but the comfortableness award goes to SSR FORSURE!!!

hi all ... just wanted to post . have been away for a while and a BIG YES I also love OKW been members since 93 wow.. long time .. many visits. just please keep this our little secret.... teehee .. dave:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter