***OLD***DisDivas and Family October Mini Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather - Jesse and I will go to Minnie's bfast on Saturday :thumbsup2 and the BBQ for dinner is great, if that's good with the bday girl.

Darn I am so jealous!!!! Too bad my B-day is a day too early to join in the festivities and with a tiny babe I probably won't even want to think about two days in the parks. But if any one is going to be there on Thursday and would like to meet up for a ride on POTC or HM or something I would love to say "Hi!"

My mind is going, can you remind me of your children's ages and names if you want?
DS 14
DD 12
DD 8
DD 8

I think having Beth's BBQ for dinner will be best for me. That's why I propose having the character meal that morning. I think that would see us through the day nicely food wise....brunch around 10:30/11 and then dinner at the BBQ later that evening. What do you all think? I've already asked Beth, and she doesn't care.
I can't commit to the brunch yet. Not sure what my family and I will be doing that morning. But I'm all for the BBQ dinner. Do you know what times they offer for dinner or how that works? It gets darker that time of year too.

Thanks! I've been trying to meet up with Beth for like 2 years now! LOL She was one of my first DisBoard friends. :)
I know!! I hope finally we'll get the chance to meet. :cool1:

Kerri - I totally understand - Everybody loves Beth!
That's why she gets a special birthday party. :lovestruc
:flower3: OMG, y'all are going to make me blush and that's not easy to do. ;) :flower3:

Darn I am so jealous!!!! Too bad my B-day is a day too early to join in the festivities and with a tiny babe I probably won't even want to think about two days in the parks. But if any one is going to be there on Thursday and would like to meet up for a ride on POTC or HM or something I would love to say "Hi!"
Aww darn, we'll miss you by a day? Shoot.
How are you feeling Heather? :)

I found this article about the new Celebration Round up. http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200904/1170/ It has great pictures, but the writing is a little cynical. I'm still looking into times for dinner. I have also heard that there is talk of them lowering the adult price. (They just lowered the child's price from $18.99 to $12.99) The rumor is that if they lower the adult price, the cupcake in a cone dessert will will be an additional option-not included. I guess they really haven't had the turn out expected, it will be interesting to see how it transforms over the summer, and if it gets more popular.

More pictures: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/photos/Celebration-Roundup/

Mary Jo's review of the place is at the bottom of this page: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland-california/disneyland-entertainment.htm

I'm off to find dinner times now...

OK, I just called Disney Dining. They told me that the Celebration BBQ ends their evening about one hour before the park closes on slow days. (Her example was that it closes at 7pm next week when the park closes at 8pm.) She told me that on days when the park is open late, it closes around 9-10 pm. She told me that it usually opens at 11:30am. popcorn::

I don't think we want to go that late, and so I will leave ut up to the birthday girl to tell us what time she thinks she would like to have dinner. Being there at dusk would not bother me, and they might have some really cute lighting after it gets dark. :yay:

I also asked about the late breakfast at Minnie's idea. She said that the last seating is 10:50, but she (like Donna!) warned about being there at the end. She also mentioned that the characters leave at 11-11:30. So, after hearing that, I think I would like to eat around 10am. I am hoping that with MM that will give us 2-3 hours in the park before eating. :woohoo:

OK, I just called Disney Dining. They told me that the Celebration BBQ ends their evening about one hour before the park closes on slow days. (Her example was that it closes at 7pm next week when the park closes at 8pm.) She told me that on days when the park is open late, it closes around 9-10 pm. She told me that it usually opens at 11:30am. popcorn::

I don't think we want to go that late, and so I will leave ut up to the birthday girl to tell us what time she thinks she would like to have dinner. Being there at dusk would not bother me, and they might have some really cute lighting after it gets dark. :yay:

What about 5-ish or just before whenever sunset is? :confused3 We can get there just before dark so we can get some pics with the sun still up. And then while we are eating it can be setting. That might be nice.
But I can go with whatever works for everyone.

Thanks for posting those links. :)

What about 5-ish or just before whenever sunset is? :confused3 We can get there just before dark so we can get some pics with the sun still up. And then while we are eating it can be setting. That might be nice.

That sounds good to me. Hopefully others will come along and give us their two cents. I don't really see anyone caring too much though.

I'm coming! Count me in on the festivities on Friday, and Saturday! I could use a roomie for Friday, Sat, Sun. I'm checking out Sun at about 4:30 am to head to the airport. I want to do the tasting probably. Let me know who all needs a roomie still!

Sounds good to me :thumbsup2

That sounds good to me. Hopefully others will come along and give us their two cents. I don't really see anyone caring too much though.

We're good with 5-ish. That means there is potential snack time for later (always a good thing:rotfl:)

IF (big if), we're moved down there by then, I'd be interested in the Minnie & Friends Breakfast & the Celebration BBQ (hope they lower the price!!)

I would have hubby & DS 8, DD 4 & twin DD's 2

How late can we "sign-up" for this.....I just can't commit at this time, but if things work out they way we're hoping.... I definately would love to meet up!!!

We've only been there for Easter & the 4th of July.....I can't wait to see the parks for Halloween & Christmas!!!!

I'm coming! Count me in on the festivities on Friday, and Saturday! I could use a roomie for Friday, Sat, Sun. I'm checking out Sun at about 4:30 am to head to the airport. I want to do the tasting probably. Let me know who all needs a roomie still!
YAY, I'm glad you can make it. I would totally room with you but I'm coming with my family. I think most of us are.......trying to remember who's coming solo. Hopefully someone will post soon if they are coming alone and would like to share room costs.

IF (big if), we're moved down there by then, I'd be interested in the Minnie & Friends Breakfast & the Celebration BBQ (hope they lower the price!!)

How late can we "sign-up" for this.....I just can't commit at this time, but if things work out they way we're hoping.... I definately would love to meet up!!!

We've only been there for Easter & the 4th of July.....I can't wait to see the parks for Halloween & Christmas!!!!
Halloween is my favorite time ever!!! We were there last October and loved it. The best part was meeting Jack and Sally. :yay:
I hope to see you there. It will be nice to meet up with some of the "newbies" before the Feb trip. :thumbsup2

Hi! I'm so gald you're going to make it. I know that there are a few girls coming solo, and they may want roommates. I'll put your name on the roommate list so they know you are looking. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to meet you!

Sounds good to me :thumbsup2

We're good with 5-ish. That means there is potential snack time for later (always a good thing:rotfl:)

That was my thought! :rotfl: Also leaves room for splitting a corn dog in the early afternoon. :rolleyes1

You have plenty of time to commit. We can't make PSings until 60 days out. I hope it works out for you, I'd love to meet you!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

That works for me too.

Anyone going with one or two of their kids and want to room with someone who will be bringing theirs? (Or going without their kids but won't mind sharing with DD and I.) I know I'll have my DD (7.5 by that point). I may have one of my sons, too, but don't know yet. I just reserved the Pirate Suite at HoJo's for a great rate and would love to split it with someone. Let me know.
Michelle

Since this is Beth's celebration, it seems fitting that it's her call on the dinner time. That sounds perfect anyway!

Bridgette, I will room with you.

Since this is Beth's celebration, it seems fitting that it's her call on the dinner time. That sounds perfect anyway!

Ok! Do you want to get a room at HoJo or someplace else? Are you an AP holder? I am so if you aren't I can make the reservation.

We'll (Myself, DH, and DS-11) be there October 17th through 24th, staying at HoJos, and would love to meet everyone for the Halloween Party on Friday and possibly for breakfast on Saturday.

That works for me too.

Good! :thumbsup2

Anyone going with one or two of their kids and want to room with someone who will be bringing theirs? (Or going without their kids but won't mind sharing with DD and I.) I know I'll have my DD (7.5 by that point). I may have one of my sons, too, but don't know yet. I just reserved the Pirate Suite at HoJo's for a great rate and would love to split it with someone. Let me know.
Michelle

Hey, that could be really fun for the kids, having a slumber party in the pirate room. I hope someone is able to join you.

I agree, 5pm does sound like a good time. Hopefully, we will have fireworks that night also. We should be done in plenty of time for all the nighttime fun! We also need to get our fill of Fantasmic! since it looks like it will be closed during our girls only trip. Are you gonna watch it with me again? Hopefully, the dragon will be working for you to see. :cloud9:

We'll (Myself, DH, and DS-11) be there October 17th through 24th, staying at HoJos, and would love to meet everyone for the Halloween Party on Friday and possibly for breakfast on Saturday.

Yay! I can't wait to meet you, and we will have lots of fun. We might end up with somthing going on Friday during the day also. I haven't heard when the other divas want to do the happy haunts tour and WCT yet. I'd love to have you with us at Minnie's the more the merrier!

I've had a busy day y'all. I think I have the front page up to date again. Please let me know if you see any errors, or if you have anything to add.

Talk with you all later! :flower3:

My DS(14) and I will be there from the 18th-25th for a mom/son trip (staying at the Hojos), and we'd love to meet everyone! I'm not sure what events we'll be attending yet, but maybe Minnie's breakfast (?) It seems like there will be a lot of kids his age already going to the meet, so that will be great! During our last trip, he was really hoping to see other Dis'ers and he made sure that our LGMH's were visible at all times....LOL. But, unfortunately, we didn't find anyone else. So, we were both really excited to see that this meet was planned during our October trip so that we can meet up with some of you this time! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter