Old Disney Club Card Question

larworth

DIS Veteran
I was shuffling through some papers and found a Disney Club Card I had gotten through work last year. I was surprised to see the expiration date was 5/02. Now, when they cancelled the old program did they automatically stop honoring previous memberships? I thought this was the case, but frankly have forgotten.

I remember correctly it depending on the type of card whether or not it is still good. If it was a free card then no it isn't valid anymore. IF you paid for your memeber ship then you should have gotten a new card in the mail with I think 3 month extenion. Hope that helps. The free cards were paper.

This Disney Store nearest my home is honoring the old free cards for store merchandise & park tickets until the original expiration date. We were able to use ours to purchase our park hoppers.
A Disney Store at a nearby city honored my Mother's old free card, but she had to turn it in at the time of purchase.
The old free cards are not honored in the parks.

I was told by a friend who is a Disney Store CM that you can use an old Magic Kingdom Club card, even if it is expired. They will let you use it once and then they have to confiscate it. I did this last month. Mine had expired 2 years before, but we bought over $900 worth of park tickets and I got the discount on them, then they took my card.

Sounds like I should play dumb and give it a try. I'm pretty good at the former. Thanks for the replies.

I just ordered AP vouchers through my local DS and was told that I could use my Magic Kingdom Club Card one last time if I wanted to. I said yes. The Manager kept the card and ordered the vouchers at the Disney Club discounted price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter