On A Waitlist- Need Help!!

kcgirl

Earning My Ears
I called MS to make a trade for a 2 bdrm at Harborside at Atlantis for June / July / August in 2008, only to be told that it was booked and I would have to go on a waitlist. Of course I did as I have many family members that are going with us and are very excited!! I was wondering what my chances are at getting in as I know this is a very popular destination. I was hoping that calling a year and 7 mos. early would get me a room - boy was I wrong! :furious: I have heard it is hard to trade with II but is it really this hard or is it just Atlantis? Thanks for any info on this and if I could get any advice as to how long to stay on the waitlist b/c I have to find some beach destination to take it's place. :confused3 Thanks!!

A 2 bedroom trade to Atlantis in the summer is probably a very difficult trade. You'd have to wait for an owner to deposit a week that you want to II, and then MS would have to snatch it for you. The other thing is, owners can book 12 months out, so at 19 months out, no one has really reserved their week yet. For fixed week owners, I'm not sure how early they can deposit, but most probably don't deposit as early as now. So the resort isn't really "booked," yet, but just not available until the owners decide to give up their weeks.

You might consider trying a direct/private exchange with an owner. You could pay cash or exchange DVC points. If you want some help, feel free to pm me. We own two Starwood timeshares.

2008 is not booked yet...they are just not accepting reservations yet. Owners can't even make reservations until 12 months out. Others in the Starwood Vacation Network can make ressies 8 months out.

Harborside is a VERY hard trade to get. ESPECIALLY in the summer. I wouldn't hold my breath. Even owners can't get in during summer months!!!

But it's an AMAZING resort. Good luck and I hope you get it!

We've made lots of trades through II relatively easily; I'm sure it's so difficult because that has got to be one of the most requested places!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter