• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On line dinging website a big joke!!!!

Hugpug

NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS
I tried for 2 hours to book my ADR'S this morning. I made it all the way to add to cart and all the system did was freeze up:happytv:mad::. I even deleted all my cookies and tried again. Still did not work. So I gave up and got my cell phone out as I don't have a long distant land line and called WDW-DINE and was connected to a CM within 3 MIN tops. Told her my problem and we proceeded to make all my ADR'S 14 of them. I got everything I wanted for times at or close to what I wanted. I even got T-REX at DTD disney. I was much more happy when I hung up a 1/2 hour later. The CM was very helpful and curtious. She was even laugthing when I told her what happen 2 weeks ago with the tickets and said I was not the only one. So all I am saying forget the online system and call you are better off IMHO. :cool1::cloud9::santa:

Sorry for your bad experience. I had a great experience booking online last year -- only took 15 minutes and I got everything I wanted. Then I even went back later and made more, cancelled some -- it all worked really well. From all the postings I've read, your experience seems to be out of the norm.

Sorry that happened, but I booked 3 Adrs today at 7am and had no problem.:confused3

I personally love booking everything online but glad you got everything you wanted.:goodvibes

Sorry for your experience!

But I for one am VERY happy with the online ADRs! Having to call from Austria and writing everything down was a royal pain, so just going online is a huge help!
I made all my ADRs (34 of them) online in no time. Give the online system another try - it sure does work well! :thumbsup2

I am at the feeling that it does not work well with Dialup Network. I don't have DSL to expensive and I can't justify the cost to switch. I am on a limited income and in order for me to be able to go to Disney I need to be very carefull what I spend all the time. I will try the system again if I need to change any of my ADR'S.

I am at the feeling that it does not work well with Dialup Network. I don't have DSL to expensive and I can't justify the cost to switch. I am on a limited income and in order for me to be able to go to Disney I need to be very carefull what I spend all the time. I will try the system again if I need to change any of my ADR'S.

I have high speed internet and it was freezing up for me this morning, too. Around 10-11 EST. I ended up finally getting the ADR I wanted after I tried about 100 times. :cool1:

I used it for our xmas trip this year and it was great..got in a 6:00am, got all my adrs and done in less than 30 minutes..email confirmations shortly there after. I will use it again for our next xmas trip and will do it June 26..hope for the same results. sorry about your problems
Connears

I was nervous about switching to the online system, but it's been wonderful for me! I quickly made all of my reservations w/in 15 min. and have since been able to change my times/restaurants, etc. as I've changed my mind about where/when I want to eat. It's been a breeze and so much nicer than waiting on the phone forever going through the five million steps w/ their automated system and I don't have to worry about it eating up my cell phone minutes. Don't give up--keep trying the online system in the future. Maybe there was just a glitch today. I know you had to be frustrated, so I'm sorry your experience wasn't a good one and hope the next time it will be better. I'm glad to hear you got the reservations you wanted when you called. That's the most important thing!

I use a mac and I can't get it to work with my safari browser (I can't price out vacations on it either.) I have to switch over to Camino and then it works just fine. I got a survey pop up the other day where I complained about it :-)

No problem here making ADRs online - quick and easy. Although since the time I made those ADRs, I've altered, deleted, added, modified, etc. them a whole bunch of times ......

I had absolutely no problems at all making all of our ADR's .....in fact, I thought the online system was awesome. it was very quick, simple and I was finished with 15 ADR's in about 45 min. It took me a while because I got all the big ones we wanted and checked out....then I continued on.

Sorry you had a hard time....maybe it's not for everyone. :confused3 I imagine that having dial-up was the root of the problem. But I don't think I'd call the online system "a joke" because it didn't work for you. that seems a bit harsh.

I love the online booking. I prefer to do that rather than call. I can make ADR's at 3am if I am in a planning mood! (LOL)

However ... Dial up on that site would drive me :rotfl: loopy. Too much going on for that slow of a modem.

WDWO

Sometimes the site just acts crazy no matter what browser I use. Right now I can't select a date and it wants the ages for 9 kids! I definitely would need to book a package with free dining for kids!

I've done online several times with no prob, but this week something is not working right and it's driving me crazy!! It's been acting up all week, several differnet times of days.

Initialy, i didn't like it , but on this trip it was easy. I like it so much better than calling now. I have run into problems now and then. So when that happens I will wait till later or if it is an ADR that I am worried about getting I would call! Sorry you had so much trouble!

Sorry you had problems. I booked this morning online and thought it was easier than calling. I liked that I could copy and paste my confirmation numbers at the end right into my spreadsheet too. I was done by 6:20 and I made 8 reservations. I still had to call at 7 to book BBB and the Fantasmic Package for our DHS day, and that took 12 minutes for just those 2! I thought the online was easier, but was worried the computer would freeze halfway through and I would lose the ones I had already put into my cart. Thanksfully it didn't though.

sorry for your bad experience, I booked all of mine yesterday for 9 days and had about 17 reservations and was done by 6:30am. I've used the online system for this past trip and it was great doing it that way too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter