Once again, pool hopping & SAB

Disnydad

DVC Member -- OKW
We got in last night from a very nice stay at BWV. Sunday we called over and pool hopped to SAB. No one was checking ID's when we arrived, but when we left a little over an hour later, they were.

I had a discussion with a lifeguard there. He said that pool hopping was going to end to SAB in September 2002 when the BCV's opened. He said the pool is near capacity nearly every nice late afternoon now. We left at about 3:15 PM and the pool seemed pretty full.

Just one more unconfirmed rumor for us.

This is a very easy rumor to believe. No doubt when BCV opens, both the BC and YC will both be removed from the DC Collection as WL was when WLV's opened. Clearly, SAB as at or near capacity any decent day, and add another 260 + rooms to the resort, and things start to get ugly.

I am curious to see if there is any outrage when they do take it away, as there was not a word said here on these boards when AKL didn't allow poolhopping when it opened. Almost no explanation nor time frame was given for this non pool hopping policy.

The stage has been set.....

Well that will certainly boost sales for BCV! Dave, I think people did complain a little about AK pool, but then word got out the pool was nothing special. I'm with you Dave- I was naive about all the "perks" that sealed my purchase. We adore SAB and bought BWV because we were told we could pool hop, (except Easter). We also thought we could use DC as an alternative once in awhile- now it's prohibitive. What's next? Hopefully something good like a great pass discount(LOL)

oh well folks, if we want to use sab, guess we'll have to book beach club villas.It does however, bring up the old sore subject. Check out a post, I think on the resort board, where a frustrated guest refers to sab as a "Free water park" and tells of the pool crashers they observed on their trip. No wonder the pool is nearly at capacity every "nice" afternoon. Anyway, sab is fun, but just a tad overrated, dontcha think? We have just as good of a time at the other pools-;)

AMEN to both of the above replys, I never pool hopped, don't plan to, but whould like to go before they take it away.

We haven't stayed at BW yet - always at the BC. I don't think SAB is overated- now I haven't been to the new Poly or GF pools yet, but it certainly has it over the old ones. I only hope we like the BW pool or we'll have to buy into BCV. Just as a snap observation before we bought DVC, I wasn't impressed with Luna Park- it seemed too "carny" atmosphere to me compared to the sprawling, landscaped SAB. Please tell me I'm wrong and will love Luna Park!!

"DVC members staying at OKw, BWV and WLV are permitted to use other WDW resorts if these pools are not at capacity."

Pool hopping can be at any WDW pool whether they are DC or not.

I repeat this everytime the PH thing comes up....if Disney would stop the locals from trespassing at their pools then most of their pools would never approach capacity except a few extremely busy times of the year. The point about DVC members being allowed at other DVC resort pools is a good one. I for one never complain about not getting to do something if I have never taken the time to actually do it but, that's just me. If we were all the same the world would be a pretty boring place.

Ban the local pool crashers!!!! Press tresspassing charges, the word will spread fast......

DVC members are not the main problem!!!!!

GSCOTT8075; Sorry to correct you, BUT DVCers are NOT allowed to pool hop at AKL !! Not that it is a great pool anyway, but we are not allowed to pool hop there, under any circumstances.

...the latest VM includes the line "This offer is not available at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge." Also in bold letters, Please check with the front desk of the destination hotel regarding pool availability.

I was referring to some of the earlier posts which assumed that once BCV opened that pool hopping would not be allowed there. I am sure BYC will be dropped from the DC, but it should not affect pool hopping.

Sorry for the confusion.

Pool hopping will disappear from new members guidebooks...I am sure that is one of the reasons for changing format....to remove things which are no longer desirable to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter