• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Once Upon a Dream' PTR - May 2014, Hotel New York

dhidra

DIS Veteran
Am so excited I think it will help a bit if I write down all my thoughts!

Myself, DH and our two DSs are traveling to DLP from 18-22 May. This will be the 5th trip for both DH & I, the second trip for DS1 and first trip for DS2.

Previous trips
I was very lucky to visit 'EuroDisney' shortly after it first opened, in May 1992. I was 9 years old and I still remember it vividly. We stayed for 4 nights in Hotel Santa Fe. Obviously, Walt Disney Studios wasn't open yet, and also lots of the rides in Disneyland Park weren't there, but all of us still had a wonderful time. My Dad told lots of people when we returned, that "it's not just for kids!". Never a truer word spoken! ;-)

DH brought me to Paris for my 22nd birthday in 2005, and on the day of my birthday we went on a day trip to Disneyland. We felt that one day wasn't enough, so we returned in July 2006 for 6 nights, with his sister in tow. We stayed in hotel Santa Fe.

Finally, in March 2012, we visited with a child! We brought out DS1, aged 3.5yrs at the time, and left DS2 with his grandparents as he was less than a year old. We stayed in Disneyland Hotel and it was FAB! DS1 still talks about his trip, almost 2 years later. He loved every minute of it.

Our next trip!
We would have loved to stay in Disneyland Hotel again, but the difference in price between it and New York was too much to pass up. I'm happy that NY is still a short walk to the parks. We're staying for 4 nights, arriving early on a Sunday and leaving late on a Thursday, which gives us 5 days in the parks.

Our DS2 will turn 3 on the Tuesday, so we're planning to make it a really special day for him and also hoping for some pixie dust!

We've decided to book the Half Board Premium meal plan. Because DS2 will still be 2 on the day we travel, we don't have to buy a meal plan for him and that saves us a few quid.

The restaurants I'm planning on going to are:
Buffalo Bills
Inventions
Auberge du Cendrillion
Cafe Mickey

and also Sunday brunch at Inventions.

Only 117 more sleeps! :-)

Lol - snap!
We are arriving the day after you and the Monday is my birthday! :rotfl:
Sounds like a great trip is planned.
Your boys should love BBWWS!We have a rough idea of where we'll eat but I think the only ones I'll actually book is CG or Inventions and Cafe Mickey if we are doing it! We are at 118 sleeps :hyper:
HNY is a beautiful hotel - it has its own smell like the DLH and its just devine!

Oh exciting! where will you dine for your birthday? anything else special planned for the day?

Oh exciting! where will you dine for your birthday? anything else special planned for the day?

We are dining at either California Grill or Inventions - so undecided! :upsidedow
And of course I'll be straight to City Hall for my birthday sticker! We may have lunch in Walts as well during the week, Mams treat! Would be rude not to ;)

I'm in :thumbsup2
I love that you went when you where young and still remember :goodvibe.
I love the hotel NY we've stayed there twice.
Some pretty good meal choices you have :)
X

I'm in :thumbsup2
I love that you went when you where young and still remember :goodvibe.
I love the hotel NY we've stayed there twice.
Some pretty good meal choices you have :)
X

I remember it so well! And I was delighted when we went last time as Captain EO was back as I almost thought I had imagined it! :-O

Lots more meals to choose....but I'll take my time!

Well I've just read the Steakhouse reviews and i think I'll have to add it to the list.

Just bought some new PJs for the boys for the trip! http://m.disneystore.co.uk/disney/store/products/detail?A=62062
2405046100003M

Ah - you are there on my birthday! Jealous!

We stayed at HNY for my 30th birthday trip (a week later) and when Rosebug was only 4 months old. It is a lovely hotel and so close to the parks!

LOVE those pj's! Can't wait to read more!

Ah - you are there on my birthday! Jealous!

We stayed at HNY for my 30th birthday trip (a week later) and when Rosebug was only 4 months old. It is a lovely hotel and so close to the parks!

LOVE those pj's! Can't wait to read more!

What was the weather like when you went in May Rosebug? The first time I went it was May and it was quite hot....but that was 1992!!!! :-D

I dont know all the restaurants we'll visit but I've decided that we'll do one table service and one buffet each day. That way, DS2, who will have no meal voucher, can eat as much as he likes at the buffets (and also at breakfast), and then the two boys can share a meal at the TS restaurants. It's a 3 course meal so it should be enough for them. (although I don't think they'll be happy to share dessert!)

TS restaurants:
Auberge De Cendrillion
Cafe Mickey
The Steakhouse
Buffalo Bills
and maybe Walts or Manhattan (HNY) or Blue Lagoon!

Buffet Restaurants:
Inventions
Inventions Sunday Brunch!
Parkside Diner (HNY)

I just realised that we'll be away for my Dad's 70th birthday! :-O I feel so bad! Hopefully we can do something with him the day before we leave.

I'm trying to decide between the TGV and EZYshuttle. Not much difference in the price. We arrive at CDG at 9:40am and will need to check into the hotel before Sunday Brunch at Inventions.
Which is quickest?

Shuttle service as it brings you right to the hotel door.

And the shuttle is much easier then hawking your suitcases on the TGV. We are back just in time for my Dads birthday! Lovely meal choices there. Nearly at the 100 days mark! :cool1:

dhidra said:
TS restaurants:
Auberge De Cendrillion
Cafe Mickey
The Steakhouse
Buffalo Bills
and maybe Walts or Manhattan (HNY) or Blue Lagoon!

Buffet Restaurants:
Inventions
Inventions Sunday Brunch!
Parkside Diner (HNY)

Great choices........ Don't miss Blue Lagoon! It's a lovely experience - gorgeous food, lovely atmosphere and the pirate boats going by with waving riders.

Yeah I think the boys would like Blue Lagoon. They both love Pirates. I'd need to book that in advance to get a good table wouldn't I?

And the shuttle is much easier then hawking your suitcases on the TGV. We are back just in time for my Dads birthday! Lovely meal choices there. Nearly at the 100 days mark! :cool1:

You're right! The boys would love going on the train but it would be easier all round to get the shuttle. Maybe we'll get the TGV when we're leaving.
Counting down in my head til we get to 100 days and then I'll start a proper countdown!

dhidra said:
You're right! The boys would love going on the train but it would be easier all round to get the shuttle. Maybe we'll get the TGV when we're leaving.
Counting down in my head til we get to 100 days and then I'll start a proper countdown! ?de1d

That's a good idea. 10 minutes gets you to CDG and it took us 20mins to get across to terminal 1. We use RS Transport and find them good & cheap ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter