One Evening in Nashville.

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
As usual, we're traveling last minute and have found ourselves in Nashville today. We'll be moving on tomorrow, so tonight is our only evening to enjoy the downtown area. Where would you suggest we eat & what should we do before and after dinner?

As usual, we're traveling last minute and have found ourselves in Nashville today. We'll be moving on tomorrow, so tonight is our only evening to enjoy the downtown area. Where would you suggest we eat & what should we do before and after dinner?

Hi: We just got back from a trip to Tn, about 30 miles from Nashville.
I have a word of warning for you about the downtown area.

A friend of mine has a grown daughter who works in Nashville a few days a week. She was in an upscale parking lot where she stays, which is considered very safe. She was accosted by 2 guys in a car who pulled up and stuck a gun out the window (the gun had an orange tip like a soft pellet gun). He shot her up and down the leg with an Air Gun!!! She had painful bruises.. She tried to catch up with them, but lost them. The police said that sadly, this has been happening and it is a tic toc challenge. She was in a very upscale neighborhood.

Then while on the town in downtown Nashville she and a friend had another incident. This is the one I want you to be aware of. They went to a couple of honkytonks and were just walking down broadway when they passed a kiosk of candy bars with a $5.00 bill scrunched up in the case. They passed it and the guy selling them came running after them telling them to pay for the candy bar. They said that they did not get a candybar , but were just walking by. He continued to follow them and demand the other 15 dollars. (that is right, he was charging 20 dollars for a candy bar!!!). He started calling my friends daughter nasty names and started a fight with her male friend. Some other people noticed how he was yelling obscenities at her, and stopped the fight.
Her friend was pretty cut up and bruised. They left the area immediately and went to the police. Apparently this guy used the crumpled up $5 laying on the case to try to get people to give him $15.. I imagine a lot of them do just that to get him to shut up, but my friend did not, and he got mad.

I don't mean to scare you about downtown Nashville, and I know others go and never have a problem, but I wanted you to know what happened to her and just be aware of your surroundings.

Last edited:

Hi: We just got back from a trip to Tn, about 30 miles from Nashville.
I have a word of warning for you about the downtown area.

A friend of mine has a grown daughter who works in Nashville a few days a week. She was in an upscale parking lot where she stays, which is considered very safe. She was accosted by 2 guys in a car who pulled up and stuck a gun out the window (the gun had an orange tip like a soft pellet gun). He shot her up and down the leg with an Air Gun!!! She had painful bruises.. She tried to catch up with them, but lost them. The police said that sadly, this has been happening and it is a tick tock challenge. She was in a very upscale neighborhood.

Then while on the town in downtown Nashville she and a friend had another incident. This is the one I want you to be aware of. They went to a couple of honkytonks and were just walking down broadway when they passed a kiosk of candy bars with a $5.00 bill scrunched up in the case. They passed it and the guy selling them came running after them telling them to pay for the candy bar. They said that they did not get a candybar , but were just walking by. He continued to follow them and demand the other 15 dollars. (that is right, he was charging 20 dollars for a candy bar!!!). He started calling my friends daughter nasty names and started a fight with her male friend. Some other people noticed how he was yelling obscenities at her, and stopped the fight.
Her friend was pretty cut up and bruised. They left the area immediately and went to the police. Apparently this guy used the crumpled up $5 laying on the case to try to get people to give him $15.. I imagine a lot of them do just that to get him to shut up, but my friend did not, and he got mad.

I don't mean to scare you about downtown Nashville, and I know others go and never have a problem, but I wanted you to know what happened to her and just be aware of your surroundings.
I lived in the Nashville suburbs and worked in midtown for 13 years. We avoided downtown because there were always fights on 2nd Ave, cars vandalized in parking lots, etc.

As this poster mentioned, thousands go daily and no issues, but unless I was staying downtown I would skip it and go eat in midtown, Green Hills, Brentwood, etc. Downtown Franklin has quaint shops and trendy restaurants.

I lived in the Nashville suburbs and worked in midtown for 13 years. We avoided downtown because there were always fights on 2nd Ave, cars vandalized in parking lots, etc.

As this poster mentioned, thousands go daily and no issues, but unless I was staying downtown I would skip it and go eat in midtown, Green Hills, Brentwood, etc. Downtown Franklin has quaint shops and trendy restaurants.
I agree. I love the Franklin area!

I've only been one time but I liked Roberts, https://robertswesternworld.com/ for a place with inexpensive food and entertainment. Then Mike's Ice Cream, https://mikesicecream.com/
I think you can walk around the outside of the Country Music Hall of Fame and see names/stars on the sidewalks. Or if you can get to the Ryman before the tours stop for the day, that is a good one.
Thanks for the suggestions. I remember Roberts Western World from a trip we were considering taking years ago. We'll have to check it out.
Adele's is right downtown (in the area known as The Gulch), and very good. Make a reservation. They're on OpenTable.

Adele's Nashville
Thanks. I'll look into it.

Skulls Rainbow room is my go to for dinner and drinks. You wont get a reservation last minute but you can go and squat for bar seating.

A very close second would be the 1230 club across the street from the arena, and Eddie V is right next door for dinner. 1230 club usually has some very good music downstairs and upstairs. Seating is going to be tough on a Thursday night. Super posh and pricey to go with it.

We've been here a couple of times, since last fall. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do much walking, but we did get to drive around and see a lot of the area, including Downtown Franklin. We also got takeout from some of the more popular restaurants in the area. The one thing we couldn't do was walk around Broadway and watch some live music, because I wasn't physically able to.

Skulls Rainbow room is my go to for dinner and drinks. You wont get a reservation last minute but you can go and squat for bar seating.

A very close second would be the 1230 club across the street from the arena, and Eddie V is right next door for dinner. 1230 club usually has some very good music downstairs and upstairs. Seating is going to be tough on a Thursday night. Super posh and pricey to go with it.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll research them.

One thing I failed to mention is that I can't climb more than 2 or 3 steps. Unfortunately, that limits where we can go and what we can do.

I've only been one time but I liked Roberts, https://robertswesternworld.com/ for a place with inexpensive food and entertainment. Then Mike's Ice Cream, https://mikesicecream.com/
I think you can walk around the outside of the Country Music Hall of Fame and see names/stars on the sidewalks. Or if you can get to the Ryman before the tours stop for the day, that is a good one.
ROBERTS WESTERN is the only place in Nashville that plays real country music Also I would suggest getting the formally known as "The Business Mans Special" while you are there.

ROBERTS WESTERN is the only place in Nashville that plays real country music Also I would suggest getting the formally known as "The Business Mans Special" while you are there.
Inquiring minds want to know. So, what is The Business Man's Special? :scratchin
The rainbow room is just one level. 1230 club has an elevator in the back
Awesome! Thanks for the additional info. That's very helpful.

Not sure if this is what the poster meant, but they have the "Recession Special" - a fried bologna sandwich, chips, a moon pie and a PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon beer) for $6. :)
Hmm.... we do enjoy a good, fried bologna sandwich, but I'm not sure about the rest. It may be a hard sell for dinner. For lunch, I'd be in minus the PBR.

I was able to book Skull's Rainbow Room for 9:30 tonight. I'm going to keep checking to see if something earlier pops up. If not, we'll decided if we want to eat that late or cancel & try for next week, since DH found out about an hour ago that we're going to be here a few days next week also.

We're back in Nashville, after a weekend spent elsewhere. Last Thursday night was a bit of a nightmare, especially dinner.

We're considering trying Broadway again tonight or tomorrow night hoping it won't be as crowded as Thursday. We couldn't find a seat anywhere to have a drink & enjoy the music. (Unfortunately, I'm unable stand for a lengthy amount of time.) Should we even bother trying again earlier in the week?

If that's not advisable, where should we go for live music & hopefully a meal minus the way too loud, drunk people. We'd prefer to not have another $265+ meal where we were sitting side by side & still couldn't hold a conversation.

FWIW, we expect the bars to be loud. Our only concern there is being able to find a seat. Very loud, expensive restaurants are a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter