One more sleep, live updates with pictures

Been loving your TR..so glad you are all having a wonderful time.

We haven't stayed at POP, we are normally at POR, but If I had to chose another resort POP would be the one. I MUCH prefer it over any of the deluxe resorts (I do shop in Walmart when I am there :rotfl:), horses for courses as they say:)

You pour water over your heads to keep cool, we found sitting on a bench and pouring water down our legs was total bliss...kept our water bottle and filled it from the fountain...I can't tell you how good that felt:goodvibes

We also bring home gifts with our remaining snack credits but now that they have reduced it to one per day its not such a big deal, we don't normally have many left between the two of us. popcorn::

Been loving your TR..so glad you are all having a wonderful time. We haven't stayed at POP, we are normally at POR, but If I had to chose another resort POP would be the one. I MUCH prefer it over any of the deluxe resorts (I do shop in Walmart when I am there :rotfl:), horses for courses as they say:) You pour water over your heads to keep cool, we found sitting on a bench and pouring water down our legs was total bliss...kept our water bottle and filled it from the fountain...I can't tell you how good that felt:goodvibes We also bring home gifts with our remaining snack credits but now that they have reduced it to one per day its not such a big deal, we don't normally have many left between the two of us. popcorn::

We went to Walmart and bought 32 bottles of water for less than $3 so drinks at the park aren't an issue which is what I normally spend most of out snacks on. Had the odd slush and popcorn but the rest are treats to bring home ... Spent 40 snack credits on things to bring back, the boys friends will love me in school, lol x

Today we odd a little shopping at the Mall before heading to the grandstand pool for a dip. Caught up on some more washing, I can't wait to get home and not have the worry of several loads of washing! We headed to MK about 4pm and rode Winnie the Pooh, the carousel then went to meet some princesses! Charlie loves the princesses, especially ones with long hair so guess who we had the honour of meeting!? We had a pass to ride Seven Dwarfs again but it was down due to technical difficulties, after 30 mins we gave up and caught the monorail over to the GF where we had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare. This was a last minute reservation, we got married at the Wedding Pavilion and had our wedding reception at the GF followed by our evening meal at 1900 Park Fare. That was 8 years ago and we havnt revisited since. I am so glad we made this reservation, we had a ball! The food was great, the Guinness Stew and fresh bread were my favourites along with the cheesecake but the character interaction made the night! I have never laughed as much in my entire life, my jaw ached from laughter! The wicked stepmother and the daughters are hilarious, Ethan is auburn colouring and of course the sister took an instant liking to him, I have never seen him so red! She gave him a great big kiss at the end, wish I had caught it on camera as his face was a picture! After that we took a walk to the wedding pavilion and took some pictures and met another couple who were also doing the same thing yet it was there first anniversary ... Aww! We had planned to watch the fireworks but the boys were shattered so we headed back. Almost home time, go home on Monday :-(((
6E199E4F-773F-4202-8473-CE938327ECA4.jpg

4B2B49BD-4906-43F5-8C9B-9AD5CF62AC3D.jpg

593B5F35-DB94-4875-B719-089D65325073.jpg

Today we went to AK to do a few rides, Everest, tough to be a bug, primeval whirl and dinosaur before having some lunch and heading back for a swim ... Or so we though! The heavens opened and not just a quick shower, it went on and on, so much so we ended up having a little nap before heading to the arcade. Tonight was back to chef mickeys but for dinner this time and I have to say this is one of the most disappointing meals of the whole trip. Shame really as I wanted to end the trip with a bang, this won't be on our to do list for next year. Food nothing special, Pluto completely missed us which left Charlie in tears but soon rectified after mentioning it to our sever. It really wasn't very organised tonight. Breakfast was ok though! Tomorrow we off home :-( already looking at coming back next year, I just don't get the emotional I don't want to go home feeling anywhere else! Great time, very few lows with plenty of highs that really made our trip from 1900 park fare and the cheerful CMs who brighten up your day with their spirit.
CC9CEFE4-86BC-4AAD-BF53-4B0C7FB141C9.jpg
1F21C24D-3153-439A-947B-C251D40AA0A9.jpg

C383A8C6-16AC-4C32-8B1D-F58994A02199.jpg

I hope you have a good journey home. I've really enjoyed reading about your family's trip :).

so sorry about the dinner at chef mickey's - they were so organized when we were there (they kept checking at each table to make sure every character had come by - how disappointing they weren't organized for you!!

we also enjoyed 1900 park fare...
the step sisters and mom are a total hoot...
and my daughter in law is totally in love with the princesses, so cinderella and prince charming were it for her!!!!

have a safe trip home!! :)

Thanks for reporting, I've really enjoyed reading on my way to work.

Have a safe trip home

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip on the go. I loved reading along and seeing your lovely smiley boys' faces! :thumbsup2

At least you have most of your washing done ;). I will have to make sure I do the same next year - it will help the post holiday blues no end I'm sure!

Hope you have a safe trip home x

Cinderella2006 said:
Today we odd a little shopping at the Mall before heading to the grandstand pool for a dip. Caught up on some more washing, I can't wait to get home and not have the worry of several loads of washing! We headed to MK about 4pm and rode Winnie the Pooh, the carousel then went to meet some princesses! Charlie loves the princesses, especially ones with long hair so guess who we had the honour of meeting!? We had a pass to ride Seven Dwarfs again but it was down due to technical difficulties, after 30 mins we gave up and caught the monorail over to the GF where we had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare. This was a last minute reservation, we got married at the Wedding Pavilion and had our wedding reception at the GF followed by our evening meal at 1900 Park Fare. That was 8 years ago and we havnt revisited since. I am so glad we made this reservation, we had a ball! The food was great, the Guinness Stew and fresh bread were my favourites along with the cheesecake but the character interaction made the night! I have never laughed as much in my entire life, my jaw ached from laughter! The wicked stepmother and the daughters are hilarious, Ethan is auburn colouring and of course the sister took an instant liking to him, I have never seen him so red! She gave him a great big kiss at the end, wish I had caught it on camera as his face was a picture! After that we took a walk to the wedding pavilion and took some pictures and met another couple who were also doing the same thing yet it was there first anniversary ... Aww! We had planned to watch the fireworks but the boys were shattered so we headed back. Almost home time, go home on Monday :-(((

Just wanted to say we also got married at the wedding pavilion,and had our meal.at the Gf in the Gf cafe :) 6 years ago and we haven't been back to eat there but are going this trip!
Have a safe journey home,have loved reading your report and seeing the pics..

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your trip report. Glad you all had a nice time. Thank you for sharing and have a safe journey home.

Glad you all enjoyed reading, i have never done a trip report but I love reading others. We are home, flight was delayed by about 75 minutes but that didn't bother us, last time it was 6 hours so we weren't going to complain! Charlie had a few seizures on the plane but I knew he would as it was night time but thankfully he didn't disturb anyone as they were only little ones but he did keep waking so he was quite tired getting off the plane. Airline staff were great again and hats off to Virgin for that. Security was a breeze at MCO and security going through LGW, cases were waiting and we were straight on the bus to Long Stay. All very smooth! No holiday blues for me as I picked up my new car from the garage on the way home and came home to a tax rebate of £400 :-) think I should go away more often! We went to DTD before going to the airport to use the rest of our snack credits and to get a sandwich at Earls to take to the airport. Boring I know but the ham, Swiss cheese and mustard sauce is so yummy! We had some time to kill and the boys had been nagging to try the new Bowling place, Spiltsville. It was $15 plus tax before 4pm Monday to Friday and we had a 20% off coupon so worked out reasonable for Disney. I didn't play as I had a dress on and didn't think it would be very lady like, lol! Great fun atmosphere and it really is a cool place to hang out. Had we not eaten at Wolfgang Pucks we would of had something to eat here, food looked good. Definitely a great end to an amazing trip. Thanks for reading all xxx

EC04EE22-CD86-4895-BAC1-2A2FDFF5A9C2.jpg

CD8A9C3C-E702-4DB3-952A-A78278F15C60.jpg

Thanks for doing the report Aimee, been great following you. Saw your car on FB(and the boys fast asleep:rotfl:), looks very nice. We went to look at one last week but can't decide if we should get a new one or not. I used to love having a new car but lost interest in them now.

Just caught up on the rest of your TR. Its nice to look back on this . Like keeping a diary. We are normally big fans of CM but we too had a few issues with characters the last time. Some parents let their kids run up to them regardless of it not being their turn. I know its exciting but even us big kids like a cuddle :)
I would love to get married ( again lol) at the GF. None of our families would fly that far though.
What would u say was ur favourite meal Aimee? Im probably in the minority when I say I was not that impressed with BOG dinner. Our best was GFC and Boma. Anyway you had something to look forward to on your return so its not so depressing. You need to start planning again now. Xx

Lucky thing, new car and tax rebate!!! Glad you had a smooth journey home. Good to know about Splitsville. We are not bowlers but daughter is always twittering on about going, so maybe we will now!

Pam

Thanks for doing a trip repot, Aimee. I've enjoyed it, espicially as we are staying at AKL (standard view) for 5 nights this August. Your boys are so cute. Glad you all had such a lovely time.

Thanks for doing the report Aimee, been great following you. Saw your car on FB(and the boys fast asleep:rotfl:), looks very nice. We went to look at one last week but can't decide if we should get a new one or not. I used to love having a new car but lost interest in them now.

I miss my old car but i really wanted trouble free motoring and as my step dad works for vauxhall i had 4k off list price so too good to refuse and softens the blow when the price decreases as you drive it off that forecourt. It really is a nice car, drives better than our audi which is a bit of a bumpy ride! Apart from company cars i have never owned a new car but i dont regret it one bit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter