Only one day to fit in.....?

lg3

<font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha
We have only one day to try to fit in either the San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, or Legoland. This is for a 3 yr old. Having never been to any of them before, I am leaning toward the Zoo or Animal Park. We are already going to SeaWorld for certain, as we were lucky enough to get some passes. Leaving next week - can't wait! Any advice from some veterans?

It was 114 degrees at the Wild Animal Park on Saturday. If you want to see animals, I suggest the Zoo.

There is something to be said, good and bad, about all 3.

Cons
Wild Animal Park-very hot this time of year. Alot of walking-very steep in places.
Zoo-also can be very hot in the summer and alot of the animals hide during the heat. You can do the Zoo at night but you really won't see many animals.
Legoland.-Also very hot (do you see a theme here?) Not alot for smaller children to do.

Pros-
WAP-animals are in more natural setting.
Zoo-bus
Legoland-water play area

Where would I go? You're already doing my first choice-SW. We have AP to WAP and ZOO and we've been to Legoland twice. I think I would do.........Legoland. If you want to see animals, at this time of year, I guess I would do the zoo. WAP is too hot. But, wherever you go, plan on getting there early. If it gets too hot you could leave and come back in the evening.

Even though we have AP we don't go during the summer to WAP or the Zoo-it's just too hot! :sunny:

Personal info:
Me, mom 47
DD princess: , 6
and usually my DM, 66

Depends on if you want kind of a "down" day to relax or something to keep a 3 year old busy. If you want more of a relaxing day I vote for the zoo. If you want to keep busy I vote Legoland.

I would take the 3 yo to Seaworld and bag the other three. Two are very hot and legoland doen't have water. I know that was not your question.

Jack pirate:

LegoLand has a cool water play area so if it does get hot, she can play there- bring a swimsuit or change of clothes! I love LegoLand, and since oyu're already doing SeaWorl, I'd vote that. The WAP will be way hot, and the zoo is a lot of walking, even if dd is in a stroller, to see the animals, she'd be in and out of it a lot.

My dd who was 3 almost 4 was happier at Sea World and happy to spend one full day and one 1/2 day there. Bag the rest (although we love the zoo) if it is hot and go to the beach.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter