Onsite/Offsite w/ 4 yr. Old

FirstFamDisTrip

Earning My Ears
Hi, my husband discovered he has some unused vacation days so we're doing our part to help the economy and planning a trip to Disney for the first time w/ our 4 yr. old daughter. We don't want to spend a lot of money since it's a 'bonus' trip and our daughter isn't very familiar with Disney but both my husband and I want to give her a "taste of Disney". We may just take her to MK, a waterpark (Blizzard or Wet n Wild) and hang out by the hotel pool & enjoy the hotel amenities.

We can't decide weather to stay onsite at a hotel in MK, downtown Disney or HIFS. There are pros and cons to both whereby it would be fun to be onsite esp. since we're not doing a lot of the other parks. However, we thought HIFS would be nice b/c the rooms are bigger (w/ a young one we don't always want to go to bed when she does & I like to get up early and have some coffee before everyone wakes up), the kids suites seem pretty cool & can't beat the current deal of including meals.

Thoughts on where to stay? Any other input is much appreciated. THANKS!

I would definitely stay on-site. If you are going by the end of the year there is that great deal at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Disney for only $25/night! You can't beat that! There are also some great rates at a lot of the Disney hotels (for example, we got All Star Movies for only $59/night). There is just something more magical about staying on-site. The cast members are always wonderful and you can't beat the convenience of being right there and having the monorail/bus.

Hope you have a great trip!!!

I've done both and wouldn't stay off site again. My main issue is the transportation. When staying offsite, we ended up spending far too much time on shuttles that picked up at other Downtown Disney hotels. When we finally got moving, we were taken to the Transportation Center. No big deal in the morning, but walking out to the Transportation Center with two young children at the end of a long day was exhausting.
I was also concerned about not having a suite arrangement on site. However, it worked out just fine. It got us to bed earlier (instead of staying up in the living room watching tv). Also, the kids were so wiped out that we were able to be up and about in the room and have them sleep right through it.
Either way, have a great time!

Stay on site. I would also suggest going to more than just MK and you might want to skip the water parks until she is older. There really isn't much a 4 yr old can do at one. Thhotel pool would be much better. From what I hear the kiddie pool are at ASMo is great. If she is real adventurous you might want to stay at a hotel with a water slide but I know they have height restrictions. If she likes animals and the zoo try AK if she likes shows and especially the little mermaid go to MGM. MGM and AK both have great play areas

I have to agree with staying on site. The Disney hotels make the whole experience so much more magical. I wouldn't dream of staying off site especially with all the great rates they have now.

This is only my opinion, but I agree that it might be better to skip the water parks and see another park. The suggestions that the last poster had were great about MGM and AK.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter