Oodles of Connections questions

Mickeyluver37

Currently Disney Deprived
Ok, I was sent here from the Restaraunts board so here goes. :)

1. Are the breakfast buffets actually a good deal? They seem about exactly what I would pay without them. (We have PS for 1900 Park Fare, Breakfastosaurus, and are hoping on CRT)

2. Does anyone know how the servers are compensated? Do they get 15%? 20? is it off what your bill would have been? For some reason, I am worried about this one. I don't want to just hand my vouchers over without an extra tip and look cheap. I'd feel better if I knew they were getting paid decent. :)

3. Has anyone ever used these for Rainforest Cafe? Their Lunch AND Dinner hours are 10:30 am to 8:00 PM, and there is no separate Lunch and Dinner menu's. Could I use the 29.50 voucher at a 6 pm PS, since no distinction is really made? I'd buy dinner vouchers if they were an option, but since I can't, I'd like to keep my PS and use a voucher if possible.

4. For two 29.50 lunch vouchers, that seems like an extravagant amount of food. Would my 4 and 2 yo's. be able to share with dh and I, and we only pay for the extra drinks? I'd hate to pay to throw all of that food away, and am certainly not likely to take it with me and walk through the parks for hours with it.

Ok, I think that is it for now. I would also like to know your experience with dealing with Connections as far as ordering tickets, how long it took to get them and so on. Thank you all so much, we're newbies and I wanna be super prepared. :)

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

>>1. Are the breakfast buffets actually a good deal? They seem about exactly what I would pay without them. (We have PS for 1900 Park Fare, Breakfastosaurus, and are hoping on CR<<

Well they are a bit of a deal - with tax and tip it makes a small savings to you. I plan to get some of them just to have them in advance.

<<2. Does anyone know how the servers are compensated? Do they get 15%? 20? is it off what your bill would have been? For some reason, I am worried about this one. I don't want to just hand my vouchers over without an extra tip and look cheap. I'd feel better if I knew they were getting paid decent. <<

I believe its 20% on what the bill would have been had you paid for it - for example we ate at Beaches and Cream and our bill before tax and tip would have been $84.00 even though we only used three vouchers (33.00) to pay for them. At any rate the server is compensated tip wise on the $84.00 number.

<<3. Has anyone ever used these for Rainforest Cafe? Their Lunch AND Dinner hours are 10:30 am to 8:00 PM, and there is no separate Lunch and Dinner menu's. Could I use the 29.50 voucher at a 6 pm PS, since no distinction is really made? I'd buy dinner vouchers if they were an option, but since I can't, I'd like to keep my PS and use a voucher if possible<<

I don't believe these can be used at RFC -- in fact I am fairly certain of it - RFC isn't a Disney restaurant and RFC is not listed on any of the vouchers I have.

<<4. For two 29.50 lunch vouchers, that seems like an extravagant amount of food. Would my 4 and 2 yo's. be able to share with dh and I, and we only pay for the extra drinks? I'd hate to pay to throw all of that food away, and am certainly not likely to take it with me and walk through the parks for hours with it<<

You can share but be sure and check out what you want to order to make sure its a deal first - I have found in my research the 29.00 deal doesn't seem to be a deal.

I ordered from Connections and had my order in two days.
Liz

I ordered breakfast vouchers for our breakfast at Cindy's. I felt the tax and tip created enough of a savings for the 5 of us. We used other vouchers at Beaches and Cream, and Pepper Market. We used www.mousesavers.com to help fiqure out where the vouchers would work best for us. I also decided against the lunch vouchers--too expensive for the benefit.

This is from the Connection website.

Quick and Casual Lunch or Dinner Certificates for Adults and Children are valid for one lunch or one dinner at any participating quick service restaurant located within the Walt Disney World® Resort:

Toy Story Pizza Planet
The Pinocchio Village Haus
Liberty Inn
...and many more participating restaurants!

Lunch or dinner includes one entrée, one side dish (if not included in entrée), one dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage.

Where else has anyone used their certificates?? Any sit down places?? at MK ? or Epcot? OR MGM?

The only sit down type places that take the quick and casual are Beaches and Cream and Pepper Market -- although Pepper Market is a food court; once you sit down you are brought your refills and your place is cleared for you.

Liz

I don't believe these can be used at RFC -- in fact I am fairly certain of it - RFC isn't a Disney restaurant and RFC is not listed on any of the vouchers I have.

On Mousesavers, they are listed under Animal Kingdom on the Connections list. Anyone know of a way I can find out for SURE before I order them? Thank you all for your replies. :)

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

>>On Mousesavers, they are listed under Animal Kingdom on the Connections list. Anyone know of a way I can find out for SURE before I order them? Thank you all for your replies. <<

That would be just awesome! I think calling Rainforest at AK would be your best bet for finding out for sure. I have the quick and casual vouchers right here and I will check to see what the wording is on them. Ok its not listed as one of the restaurants available to use at AK on the back of my certficate - and according to what I am reading on Mousesavers these are the only restaurants to use them at there:

Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbeque (closed), Tusker House Restaurant

Am I missing where Rainforest Cafe is listed on Mousesavers?

Liz

Ok sorry to answer my own question and clarify - I do see RFC listed under the 29.00 lunch vouchers - I was referring to the 11.00 quick and casual lunch vouchers -- those are the ones that can't be used at RFC.

The 29.00 voucher may be a good deal depending on what you order --

Liz

--
The 29.00 voucher may be a good deal depending on what you order --

Yes, I figured you could get a 70 dollar meal with one voucher :) (includes 39.95 lobster!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter