Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Is this a realistic plan for OBB? Going for the first time September 17 with my boyfriend and we don't care about meeting characters.

3ish - Arrive to CA in costume
Get map and wristband at Blue Sky Cellar
Ride some rides
5 - Eat dinner
6 - Take free photopass photos
6:45 - Trick of treat show
7:45 - First parade
Get a party exclusive snack
Treat trails
10pm - Villans Grove
Get in line for a ride right before closing
Halloween Screams show
If you are entering at 3 PM with an OBB ticket you will get everything you need and don’t need to do anything in the park.

The mix in time until they start removing regular park guests is extremely busy. I would not plan on riding any rides during this time.

I would consider the second parade. You can watch by Little Mermaid and go straight to Villain’s Grove after. This has worked well for us.

You won’t be able to see the Disney fireworks as others have said.

Throughout the night I recommend walking through the park on the route you want and do the treat trails and ride the rides as you go.

My 60 days is coming up in a few days ... I was thinking of booking a sit-down dinner in DCA during the mix-in time so we can eat a nice big meal then be able to focus on party things for the rest of the night without having to worry about food (thought I'm sure we'll want a few treats during the party).

I was thinking of trying to get a 4:45pm dinner at Lamplight so we will definitely be done by 6pm when the party starts. Does that sound like a good plan?
Yes. It is the perfect time to eat. It is so busy during the mix in it is a little ridiculous. We usually can only manage things like Philarmagic and Turtle Talk. You can wait an hour to ride Little Mermaid, but it makes no sense when it will be completely walk on a few hours later.

If you are entering at 3 PM with an OBB ticket you will get everything you need and don’t need to do anything in the park.

The mix in time until they start removing regular park guests is extremely busy. I would not plan on riding any rides during this time.

I would consider the second parade. You can watch by Little Mermaid and go straight to Villain’s Grove after. This has worked well for us.

You won’t be able to see the Disney fireworks as others have said.

Throughout the night I recommend walking through the park on the route you want and do the treat trails and ride the rides as you go.

It depends on how important the parade is to you. Last year we saw very disappointed people who had skipped the first parade and then the second parade didn’t run.

It depends on how important the parade is to you. Last year we saw very disappointed people who had skipped the first parade and then the second parade didn’t run.
I guess this is true. The second parade was canceled one night last year when a float malfunctioned. The odds are still heavily in favor of not having any issues watching the second parade, but everyone has their own priorities and risk tolerance. There also was one night last year when the Trick or Treat show was canceled all night.

My 60 days is coming up in a few days ... I was thinking of booking a sit-down dinner in DCA during the mix-in time so we can eat a nice big meal then be able to focus on party things for the rest of the night without having to worry about food (thought I'm sure we'll want a few treats during the party).

I was thinking of trying to get a 4:45pm dinner at Lamplight so we will definitely be done by 6pm when the party starts. Does that sound like a good plan?
We do this every year. We have an early dinner at lamplight/carthay during the mix in time and take it easy until 6pm.

Has anyone seen tickets pop back available this year? If not, I believe that's different than previous years and boy oh boy that might mean B U S Y Halloween season, lol

Yes. It is the perfect time to eat. It is so busy during the mix in it is a little ridiculous. We usually can only manage things like Philarmagic and Turtle Talk. You can wait an hour to ride Little Mermaid, but it makes no sense when it will be completely walk on a few hours later.

You aren't kidding. It was crazy last year during mix in. Felt horribly bad for a very elderly couple that was just in front of us for Soaring. It was around 4 or 5 pm and we were in the lightning lane, but even that was listed at something like an hour. After about 40 minutes we got up to the LL check station and the couple didn't have LLs... they thought it was just the regular line. :oops: They got kicked out of the line and sent to the standby which was listed at nearly 2 hours. Really wish I'd known to say something before they'd wasted so much time.

Is this a realistic plan for OBB? Going for the first time September 17 with my boyfriend and we don't care about meeting characters.

3ish - Arrive to CA in costume
Get map and wristband at Blue Sky Cellar
Ride some rides
5 - Eat dinner
6 - Take free photopass photos
6:45 - Trick of treat show
7:45 - First parade
Get a party exclusive snack
Treat trails
10pm - Villans Grove
Get in line for a ride right before closing
Halloween Screams show

What Photopass pictures do you want to take? At 6 the lines will be very long for any Photopass photographer because everyone tries to take advantage of the free pics. It starts pretty much at mix in time and gets continously worse.

Was browsing for possible ADRs and saw the dessert party listing: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-dessert-party/
Online reviews from past parties look lackluster. For those who have splurged, does the dessert part of the party take too much time away from the rest of the event? (I know not to go in expecting good desserts, but I always love having a real seat for things like WOC.)

We did the dessert party in 2021 and did feel that it took too much time away from the rest of the event. It is not too hard to find parade-viewing spots. Though the chairs were nice! We did not do the dessert party last year and didn't particularly miss it.

What Photopass pictures do you want to take? At 6 the lines will be very long for any Photopass photographer because everyone tries to take advantage of the free pics. It starts pretty much at mix in time and gets continously worse.
No photos specifically! Just thought that might be an easy thing to start off the party with :)

Was browsing for possible ADRs and saw the dessert party listing: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-dessert-party/
Online reviews from past parties look lackluster. For those who have splurged, does the dessert part of the party take too much time away from the rest of the event? (I know not to go in expecting good desserts, but I always love having a real seat for things like WOC.)

We did the dessert party as first timers last year and loved it. I was afraid it would take too much time, but we easily hit all the treat trails, Villains Grove and also stopped for character photos (something we normally don't care about, but it was so fun at oogie boogie). We didn't do many rides by choice, as we go often enough that wasn't a priority for us. I prefer the WOC dessert plate as that includes cheese, and it was a lot of sugar haha. But we just boxed up our leftovers to take back with us.

We loved being able to sit for the parade and didn't have any regrets at all about taking time for the dessert party. Now having said all that, we're not planning to do it this year. Having done it once, we're ok not spending money on it and just finding spots on the parade route (as another poster wrote, it's not hard to find a good one). But I'm very glad we did it last year and had the experience.

A question for OBB veterans, recent attendees, etc:
I've heard a lot about the nuttiness of mix-in time. Would it be wise to book LL, ILL during that time, or is it still ill advised due to overcrowding?

A question for OBB veterans, recent attendees, etc:
I've heard a lot about the nuttiness of mix-in time. Would it be wise to book LL, ILL during that time, or is it still ill advised due to overcrowding?
If you want to avoid long lines during the mix in, book an ILL or LL. After the party starts at 6pm, the waits will be lower. Recall that any day guests in line at 6pm will be allowed to stay in line and ride (I think).

If you want to avoid long lines during the mix in, book an ILL or LL. After the party starts at 6pm, the waits will be lower. Recall that any day guests in line at 6pm will be allowed to stay in line and ride (I think).
This is correct about staying in line at 6 PM. But they will be ushered out after and not able to get in any other lines.

Also just to set expectations, RSR will still be a long line during the party.

Any ideas how much the parade viewing cost? Adults and Kids pricing?
I love the idea of my kids being able to have a good view, the parade will be a priority for them. I booked an early dinner for 4pm at Wine Country Trattoria (mainly because that was the only place left to book) so kids would probably appreciate the desserts by the time the parade starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter